Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
RandyR Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Anybody used one?

Are they worth the cost for stand hunting?

"Jerry is dead, Phish suck time to get a job "
GB1

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Sharp_things has one under development, maybe someone can post a pic.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

F
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
F
I own one and use it, when my wife isn’t. I will say I’ve never used it in the stand as it’s a little cumbersome for a hanging stand in my opinion. I love it on the ground when rifle hunting as it is very warm and eliminates the need for a blind. I would also use it in a two man ladder stand and probably a single wider ladder as well. I will say watch the sale site’s Facebook marketplace and others for them as I’ve seen them as cheap as $100.00. Hope this helps.

Farmtown257

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I use one in my climbing stand during November up here. Works great. No way I could last all day without it. Worth the money IMO.

Rob
Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by smokepole

The “camo-condom”.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Hope it runs off high voltage.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Used one for years when posting in below freezing stands. No complaints and if you throw some chemical hand warmers down your legs they help too!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
They work outstanding in my opinion. I originally bought it for hunting in Ontario years ago. Love it.

F
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
F
I don’t have the HBS but have the IWOM. https://iwomouterwear.com/collectio...1cEjV0pvgIkeBMPADlfJY9_dVYRoCQB4QAvD_BwE
I liked the IWOM better because I could use my arms without unzipping the suit. I have never been cold using the IWOM suit. I cannot say anything about the HBS as I have never used one. All the reviews on them ,HBS, are good. I like the hood on the IWOM suit too. IWOM suit also has a built in hand warmer that will make your hands sweat. As has been said drop some chemical hand warmers in your pocket if you get cold but as long as you keep it zipped you retain your body heat. Both suits help keep your scent confined more too. I really like mine but the price is pretty stout on both suits. Wear some goose down and wool underneath and I don’t think you’ll get cold.

Last edited by firefighter5318; 09/23/23. Reason: Spelling
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Randy,

I have one and they work as advertised. I don't use it much in WI but have used it in Canada when the temp never got north of zero – easily worth the going rate IMO. I'm not a fan of clodhoppers for boots so I just don normal hikers and drop a handwarmer in each booty and I'm good to go.

The cons to the HBS - it's reasonably heavy/bulky and a little awkward in a treestand if you're only perched on a puny platform.

If you're in my hood, you're welcomed to check it out before you buy one.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
So far, I have used a very oversized insulated coverall I bought for $30 here. I slip it on in the blind and I stay VERY toasty for the whole 5 hour sit.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I’m doing a Canadian whitetail hunt this fall that will be 10+ hours daily in a blind. I bought the Gamehide No Chill suit. It was a good bit less $ than the Heater or IWOM and had good reviews. I had enough Scheels points to get it for no $ out of pocket so that’s a bonus as well. I can’t picture getting cold inside that thing.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I know two people with the IWOM, and they have no problems staying out in cold weather.

D
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
D
The idea of being cocooned in warmth while you wait definitely has its appeal, especially when the temperatures drop significantly.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

HAHAHAHA..........deep breath......HAHAHAHAHAHA

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Safety first!

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

D
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
D
Originally Posted by dtenentin
The idea of being cocooned in warmth while you wait definitely has its appeal, especially when the temperatures drop significantly.

However, the cost can be a sticking point for some people. I guess it comes down to how much you value comfort and warmth during your hunting sessions. If you find yourself regularly braving the cold and uncomfortable conditions, then it might be well worth the investment.
If you ever find yourself in need of formal wear for special occasions, you might want to look here. They have a wide range of prom tuxedos that could be perfect for any classy event you have coming up.

Last edited by dtenentin; 09/29/23.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
i have one the Heater body suit works very good when needed.

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
RandyR Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Thanks everybody for the info and offers. I picked up a new Arctic Shield suit off Facebook for $125 shipped . Lots of suits available reasonably there and I went with the Arctic because of the arms and not having to slide it down to shoot. The Arctic is supposed to be much better stopping the wind and is less bulky than some.

Hopefully it works good and I will give a report later.

Last edited by RandyR; 09/30/23.

"Jerry is dead, Phish suck time to get a job "
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
When Im set up calling coyote at night I wear a battery powered heated vest over my sweatshirt, insulated coveralls and fleece line jeans.
I stay very warm all night.

Did I make you cry......boooo hooo, life goes on.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

58 members (Akhutr, beefan, 358wsm, 2500HD, bosshoff, 13 invisible), 1,376 guests, and 767 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,243
Posts18,485,924
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.