Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Just came home yesterday from a week long motorcycle trip with my brother... As soon as I walked in the door my wife asked if I was hungury and were was my dirty laundry ...She made me breakfast and said I looked tired and should take a nap.....When I got up she had my laundry done, She then proceded to make me supper....Been married 40 years....

“When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.”

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by irfubar
That "happy wife, happy life" is the biggest crock of horseshit ever..... nothing a man can do will please a woman... except his credit card... wink

There’s a reason men and dogs are best friends, we’re simple-minded, trusting, loyal and easily content. And there’s the breath thing too.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Some are easy to get along with, most are not!

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Well....We can't all be Trophy Husbands !

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Marry a dragon, you'll need a flagon. That kinda sums my life as a terrified villager. Here's a picture the kids took recently.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

IC B2

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by irfubar
That "happy wife, happy life" is the biggest crock of horseshit ever..... nothing a man can do will please a woman... except his credit card... wink

Amen. It is the saying of the "men" who are pu*sy whipped. Led around by the wife who holds the dog leash, and the "man" wears a collar around his neck.
And there are lots of relationships like that. Pitiful.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by TrueGrit
Let me know when y'all have them split tails figured out. Only been married 38 years and she still makes the coffee every morning and does the dishes every night.
Originally Posted by KentuckyMountainMan
Just came home yesterday from a week long motorcycle trip with my brother... As soon as I walked in the door my wife asked if I was hungury and were was my dirty laundry ...She made me breakfast and said I looked tired and should take a nap.....When I got up she had my laundry done, She then proceded to make me supper....Been married 40 years....

And neither one of you have probably ever used the term "happy wife, happy life" to describe your relationship.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I concur that wimmins are not wired to be happy. Rarely do they have "enough".

Unless of course, they have enough.

Once you are man enough to be a real husband, you know, the kind described in scripture, then your wife will be happy.

So indeed, happy wife, happy life.

You fellas that throw out the P-whipped comments always interest me. I would assume you are the guys that have not had to forfeit half your stuff over the big D.
I swore to myself the second time, I was going to have the courage to be a real husband, and any woman could take it or leave it.

Hitting 23 years in march.
And yes, I have a happy life.

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
I think a lot of guys just don’t want to admit they think with their pekker, and it guided them to the wrong woman.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by 5sdad
Nothing rhymes with "Happy Husband". Welcome to married life, dumbass.
Yeah...thank god I followed P.J.'s advice regarding things that float, fly, or phoque before I turned twenty.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I think with my dick. He just happens to be great at picking women.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Simplepeddler
I concur that wimmins are not wired to be happy. Rarely do they have "enough".

Unless of course, they have enough.

Once you are man enough to be a real husband, you know, the kind described in scripture, then your wife will be happy.

So indeed, happy wife, happy life.

You fellas that throw out the P-whipped comments always interest me. I would assume you are the guys that have not had to forfeit half your stuff over the big D.
I swore to myself the second time, I was going to have the courage to be a real husband, and any woman could take it or leave it.

Hitting 23 years in march.
And yes, I have a happy life.

"Happy wife, happy life" is intended as a causal statement. In other words everyone's happiness is dependent upon the wife's happiness.

You wisely observed the chain does not being with her happiness, but with the husbands leadership.

Women want to be lead. The man who says "happy wife, happy life" is letting the woman lead, and she will lead him straight to divorce court.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Amazincaucasian
My way, or the highway

Yes, this will work better than "happy wife, happy life".

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Many a man ...picked a wife in light so dim..he would not have been able to pick out a suit.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by cisco1
Many a man ...picked a wife in light so dim..he would not have been able to pick out a suit.
^^^ good stuff here

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
^^^ good stuff here
"Borrowing" from old school Nat Lamp generally don't make for a bad qoute

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
John Hughes penned bit-he also had a good bit about tiddy quality pre silicon in there.

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
^^^ good stuff here
Yep. The Bible gives a good description on how a husband should treat a wife. It also does the same for how the wife should treat her husband. If both followed these instructions, there’d be a lot more happy marriages.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Don't read the Bible...............

been married 50 years.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Don't read the Bible...............

been married 50 years.

Happy for you pal! Really! well done

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

376 members (160user, 1Longbow, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 17CalFan, 32 invisible), 2,016 guests, and 1,041 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,373
Posts18,488,422
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.