Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Like I said Charlie 99.99% of us don't have the money or means to pressure equipment so what do you so when your in my case 75% wildcat cartridges? Ya gotta go off what ya know which i certainly don't know everything but I have learned some good lessons over the years and 1 is to listen to people I trust and those are some of the people who I referred to that redesigned the PRC reamers.
People can come to there own conclusions its not a phenomenon about the PRC, WAY to many out there having extraction issues.

Last edited by sherm_61; 10/05/23.
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Why dont I have problems ?

The data and opinions contained in these posts are the results of experiences with my equipment. NO CONCLUSIONS SHOULD BE DRAWN FROM ANY DATA PRESENTED, DO NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, ATTEMPT TO REPLICATE THESE RESULTSj
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
And I mean that sincerely. I wish someone would purchase the equipment, learn to use it, then educate me on my ignorance.

The data and opinions contained in these posts are the results of experiences with my equipment. NO CONCLUSIONS SHOULD BE DRAWN FROM ANY DATA PRESENTED, DO NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, ATTEMPT TO REPLICATE THESE RESULTSj
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by CharlieSisk
Don't know Charlie, how many firings on your customers brass? What brass are they using? Like I said in the beginning if your using Horny brass you may or may not same thing with the 20VT if you use a reamer that was designed for R-P brass and switch to Lapua you will have extraction problems. Why did the BR shooters have to have reamers redesigned for 6BR Norma brass when it came out when they were using Lapua? Same reason.
Anyway use what you want, its your choice just like all of us, don't kill the messenger because there's alot of good smiths out there that use the AW2 reamers and who know there is a problem

M
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
Originally Posted by sherm_61
Like I said Charlie 99.99% of us don't have the money or means to pressure equipment.

How much do your spend on your typical rifle "build," or the scope you put on it?

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Boy howdy, one calling people "ignorant" when they don't fully have all of the information themselves.

You obviously don't understand the problem, because "clickers" are not truly an extraction problem, it is a jolt at the top of the bolt lift despite cases extracting just fine. I have a hard time putting any faith in any opinion that calls ALEX WHEELER "ignorant".

Additionally, one does not have to have pressure testing equipment to develop a safe handload. To suggest that all hand loaders should purchase pressure testing equipment to be safe is asinine.

What Mr. Sisk failed to mention is how many firings were on these eight anonymous clients' brass. Mule Deer denied there was a problem, then did not understand the problem, and finally admits he's only had two firings on his brass. I will ask you, sir, how many firings do you have on YOUR 6.5 PRC brass?

Why is this unique to original 6.5 PRC and .300 PRC chambers but not the corrected designs? Why is this not a problem with rounds with more clearance on the SAMMI prints?

Last edited by drop_point; 10/05/23.

"Full time night woman? I never could find no tracks on a woman's heart. I packed me a squaw for ten year, Pilgrim. Cheyenne, she were, and the meanest bitch that ever balled for beads."
L
LJB Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L

Ignorance

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Like I said Charlie 99.99% of us don't have the money or means to pressure equipment.

How much do your spend on your typical rifle "build," or the scope you put on it?
Not sure what relevance my "builds" have to do with this but my 6.5x300wsm is the only what I consider full custom Defiance action, Proof Carbon barrel and AG stock i had chambered and did all the bedding and assembly myself, my 30-28 is Rem 700LA with Bart barrel and AG stock and bedded and assembled myself.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by LJB

Ignorance

Inexperience with the rounds.

"Full time night woman? I never could find no tracks on a woman's heart. I packed me a squaw for ten year, Pilgrim. Cheyenne, she were, and the meanest bitch that ever balled for beads."
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
My 30-28 was 1600.00 for parts and chambered.
My most expensive gun is my all carbon Defiance action and it was 2850.00 for parts and chambered.
Rest of my guns are at most aftermarket barreled.
So J.B what do you spend on your builds? not that it matters

Last edited by sherm_61; 10/05/23.
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Mule Deer

Not sure what relevance my "builds" have to do with this but my 6.5x300wsm is the only what I consider full custom Defiance action, Proof Carbon barrel and AG stock i had chambered and did all the bedding and assembly myself, my 30-28 is Rem 700LA with Bart barrel and AG stock and bedded and assembled myself.

It doesn't matter what you spend on your builds. All that matters is whether or not you'll get $1500 in benefit from buying a complete Pressure Trace system.

L
LJB Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
Originally Posted by drop_point
You obviously don't understand the problem, because "clickers" are not truly an extraction problem, it is a jolt at the top of the bolt lift despite cases extracting just fine. I have a hard time putting any faith in any opinion that calls ALEX WHEELER "ignorant".

Actually it is an extraction problem. At the top of the bolt rotation where the extraction cam on the receiver is engaged by the bolt body, if more than "normal" torque is required to extract the fired cased, then the bolt will click on the receiver at the end of the extraction cam travel as a result. Hence the term "clicker".

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I guess Charlie can also call Somebody who just won the World F- Class championships and SWN ignorate too.
Like I said in the beginning people need to do there own research make up there own mind and don't listen to me, Charlie or J.B. I'm just messenger who has been called ignorrant.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by LJB

Actually it is an extraction problem. At the top of the bolt rotation where the extraction cam on the receiver is engaged by the bolt body, if more than "normal" torque is required to extract the fired cased, then the bolt will click on the receiver at the end of the extraction cam travel as a result. Hence the term "clicker".
ignorant. Sir are 100% correct.
I had the same problem on my 30-28 when I switched to ADG brass untill I opened the back end up to .004.clearance. I didn't change my load at all know it extracts like it should smooth and no " clicker now
after 10 firings on some of my brass

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by LJB

Yes, but I am saying the cases extract just fine; the extractor works as it should and the brass extracts. There is no damage to the brass, but I can see your point which is why I say "truly". That portion is semantics though, and doesn't take away from the meat and potatoes.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by LJB

ignorant. Sir are 100% correct.
I had the same problem on my 30-28 when I switched to ADG brass untill I opened the back end up to .004.clearance. I didn't change my load at all know it extracts like it should smooth and no " clicker now
after 10 firings on some of my brass

Strange, and you didn't even need to buy $1500 worth of pressure testing equipment to solve your problem.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I thing I forgot, how many just use factory ammo?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Wow !!! This is even better than I expected. So, in psi or cup, what pressure are you running ? Yes, I’ll call everyone (me included) who doesnt know what their pressure is, to be “ignorant” of their pressure.
And I’ll even go one step further….if you are driving a new automobile with an automatic transmission, and you dont know enough to take it apart and put it back in working order, then you are “ignorant” about how a transmission works.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
6 of these customers have over 10 loadings. 5 of these anneal regularly. The other didnt, and started getting split necks.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
My advice to anyone on here who believes this is a problem talk to your smithh about what reamer he is using and especially you guys who do pre-fits.
That should be the #1 question you should be asking is about the reamer being used on any pre-fit or build not only on the PRC's but even if the proper freebore for bullet and Neck clearance for brass you wanna use.
Charlie we are gonna agree to disagree, everbody good luck on your future builds

Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

526 members (10Glocks, 219 Wasp, 21, 1minute, 1OntarioJim, 56 invisible), 2,422 guests, and 1,200 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,432
Posts18,489,277
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.