Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
BC30cal Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
All;
Good afternoon to any of you who chance to wander through this segment of Rick's cyber 'Fire, I hope the day is as sunny and mild in your part of the world as it is here.

If I may, I'd like to wish everyone Happy Thanksgiving from the southern Okanagan, it's my hope and prayer that you and at least some family or friends get to share in the bounty of the season.

We're just in from doing a wee bit of garden harvest and are lucky enough to have a young mulie buck aging in the cooler in the shop.

Tomorrow our eldest and her husband are hoping to join us for a bit of a fall feast and we'll call our youngest who couldn't make it here this year, but is planning on coming out in a month weather permitting.

So despite the interesting times we find ourselves in, there's still much to be thankful for and we are that.

All the best to each of you and your family and friends.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Good afternoon Dwayne, I would like to take this time to wish you and your family an excellent Thanksgiving as well.

Amazing how time flies by, and the older you get the quicker it seems like it is flying by!

We have harvested our potted garden, and tomorrow we are doing some tree pruning and taking the herbs in, and replanting them in fresh soil so we can enjoy fresh herbs all winter without having to go to the store and pay the astronomical prices for a few twigs of Rosemary, Thyme and others.

My better half makes the best Turkey ever, so tomorrow she will make one of her amazing birds, I already made my Lemon Cranberry Sauce and can't wait for the feast. I am going to try to eat an entire leg lol.

I hope you have an exceptional hunting season with your family and successfully fill your freezer for the winter!

God Bless

Last edited by KillerBee; 10/07/23.

KB

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Good afternoon Dwayne,

Sounds like a great Thanksgiving in the works at your place. Family being missing is never fun but seems part of our busy lives.

It's a quiet weekend here at the Smith manor for the most part. Plan to have a small supper gathering tomorrow with some of the kids/grandkids
coming over. Two of them have to work and can't make it as both are on night shifts. My wife is recuperating from night shifts this last week. Her job has her on perm nights but she enjoys it for the most part. Planning to retire next summer. All in all, a pretty low-key weekend here.

No wild game this year as I'm still recovering from my shoulder repair of only 3 months ago. One of the boys is planning to hunt deer in Nov when the season opens down here. He was going to head north this fall but had to change his plans when a business opportunity came his way. He opened a well head servicing company, has been assigned X amount of well heads to service. So far, so good.

I managed to hit the Medicine Hat gun show this AM. There was a fellow with a table full of powder, I managed to put a small dent in his supply. While his prices were a bit high, they were not terrible. In an hour though, he was sold out!
Now the guys with primers.....wow, they were asking rather high prices. Mostly Bosnian primers which seem to be readily available. I picked up a pkg of Winchester magnum rifle primers off one table as I will have a use for them in the near future. (It seems a Ruger 77 .338 Win Mag is going to find itself at home here in the near future) I also re-stocked some shotgun components for my 20g.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, we do have much to be thankful for although it is an intense world we now navigate through. Stay safe, stay healthy my friend!
Jeff

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Good day to all:

Just got finished cleaning up a bunch of snow, specs and ducks from a couple of shoots we have had. Weather is very pleasant so hopefully the snow geese will stick around a bit longer for a few more opportunities.

Wishing everyone the best for thanksgiving.

Hugh
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Happy Thanksgiving, Dwayne.

We’re having friends over tomorrow for Ukrainian Shash-lik (kebabs), both pork and lamb. Lotsa salads, I’ll grill some potatoes on a skewer, too. Homemade pumpkin pie and vodka. Lotsa vodka.

I probably won’t be coherent enough to post tomorrow night. Hope I’m in shape on Monday to clean up the crabapple tree I had cut down today.

IC B2

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
A happy Thanksgiving to all!

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Same to you and the rest here, hope thanksgiving is all you want it to be.

"The 375HH is the greatest level of power you can get for the investment in recoil." (JJHack)
79s and losttrail, biggest waste of air.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My Better Half makes a MEAN Turkey, Bless her Heart!

The Feast Begins!

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

KB

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
WTF izzat?

We had shash-lik (lamb and pork), shrimp pasta salad, burrato cheese salad (lotsa garlic), Caesar salad (more garlic) and lots of hors d’ouevres (with garlic) and vodka.

All that garlic goes against my Transylvanian heritage, but it’s all good.

Slavyanka got in her cups and showed us why she doesn’t sing in the church choir. Taught my friends 9 yr old son (aspiring chef) how to make real whipped cream for the homemade punkin pie.

N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
Happy Thanksgiving. There is still much to be thankful for.

Nick

IC B3

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Happy Thanksgiving all you Canadians! Glad to have you here at the fire.

G
GRF Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Did my traditional Thanksgiving thing. Headed north to hunt with my daughter, I’ve been doing that for about 13 years now, since she moved up to Manning, she’s now in Grande Prairie.

Despite the warm weather ‘twas a good hunt with her putting three WT into the freezer.

Best wishes to all.

GRF

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Right back, at you Dwayne !

Always Thankful, for the blessings bestowed upon us !

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
You too, Marty !!

Paul.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by wabigoon
A happy Thanksgiving to all!

& you too, Wabs & Judy !!

Paul.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
We have a lot to be thankful for, and not only on one day.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

596 members (16penny, 160user, 10ring1, 007FJ, 1badf350, 17CalFan, 55 invisible), 2,938 guests, and 1,281 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,488
Posts18,490,348
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.