Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
I
ihookem Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I
I like it more every time I use it. Takes waves very well . A bit hard on the diesel bill though when I pull it.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
GB1

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Glad it worked out for you Hook….
I just last weekend dropped my restored Lund Alaskan that size in the water for the first time. I wanted to break in the new Mercury 50hp tiller model. Last of the two mercs I bought last year. I wanted to go thru it to check for any issues warranty would cover.

Fun stuff, todays 4 strokes are really something.

Osky

A woman's heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth and I can find no sign on it.
I
ihookem Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I
Osky, I was thinking of asking you what you think of 8 horse and 9.9 kicker motors. I am looking at 8 and 9.9 Mercs , but they have carbs . Suzuki doesn't make an 8 horse but their 9.9 is EFI. Do you think there is that much difference between a carb and an EFI?

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If you don't buy one that matches the big motor you will probably regret it. They look a lot better when they match.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by ihookem
Osky, I was thinking of asking you what you think of 8 horse and 9.9 kicker motors. I am looking at 8 and 9.9 Mercs , but they have carbs . Suzuki doesn't make an 8 horse but their 9.9 is EFI. Do you think there is that much difference between a carb and an EFI?

New Mercs are efi. Personally, I wouldn’t bother with a kicker if I had a decent 80+ fp bow mount. I guess unless you like to back troll.

IC B2

I
ihookem Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I
And that is why I like my kicker. I fish a lake a lot where I back troll really slow over rock piles with half a crawler . it is amazing how well back trolling works . it is kind of an old mans walleye method but boy does it work in the weeds. Then i see others with all kinds of those boards out there . Sure they get walleyes , but I just cant imagine them not catching weeds every 100'. I bet I catch twice as many walleye as they do. I back troll for half a mile sometimes in one direction from one rock pile to the next and then back again. Cheap too, just a half a crawler , 1/4 oz. sinker and a #4 Eagle claw with my St Croix rod. I also do that to locate schools of perch. Everyone else is jumping around , pulling up anchor every 15 minutes till they get lucky. SO many times I find a school of perch and then some big boat blasts past me 40 mph , trying his darndest to look cool with his shiny boat. It knocks me off 20 ' but I keep fishing, but you know, 20' most times means I dont get nearly as many fish . Back trolling lets me get on them, just feel a bunch of hits real fast and they are likely perch. If I get a small walleye right there while back trolling , I press mark and sit there cause I know a small walleye is more agressive in the school of perch . It works almost all the time. Back trolling gets me right on the fish inside of a few feet and then I can see them on the graph so I know for sure . I have not perch fished like this this year however, cause I am slamming the walleyes, and with my new boat , I can be out there in much more wind.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

74 members (Anaconda, Amos63, 44automag, 01Foreman400, 808outdoors, 11 invisible), 1,473 guests, and 730 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,493
Posts18,472,097
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.