Hop To
P
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
[video:yahoo]
[/video]

"The 375HH is the greatest level of power you can get for the investment in recoil." (JJHack)
79s and losttrail, biggest waste of air.
GB1

N
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
N
It isn’t reported on because it goes against the current message that white culture is evil. I wonder if the natives will now rebuild the churches they set fire to in response to these erroneous allegations.

Nick

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Nick1899
It isn’t reported on because it goes against the current message that white culture is evil. I wonder if the natives will now rebuild the churches they set fire to in response to these erroneous allegations.

Nick
And if they ever do find human remains chances are there would be white children among them. Many white families living in remote areas also sent their children to these schools to get an education. Back in the day they buried people pretty handy to where they died, didn't have any way to preserve bodies or ship them back to their communities so were buried on site.

Media hype would have the public believe they were death camps where little children were sent to be sexually abused and executed.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Around here, I have Big Game Guided with and Rodeo'd with many, many of my Indian friends. I also know a few that into this federally mandated residential program.
Of the ones I know a number are Catholic, as I am.
East of us are Blackfoot, around her, Kootenai.
The Blackfoot regularily killed and took slaves of the Kootenai. This was not out of the ordinary .
I was told by a Blackfoot Rodeo contestant- Don't show weakness, you will lose status.
I heard this as a kid, and have used his advice.
Dateline 2023
Still solidly Catholic, but what has happened around us- Christians seem to be apologizing for everything that triggers the Secular and special interest groups.( wokism)
I am not saying there were no predators in and around the Residential school program
What I am saying is apologies have been made, now move on. be more like my Indian friends, stand tall with your head held high- that is what my friends most respect.
No apologies , no more....
Respectfully, signed, The Dago

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by bushrat
Media hype would have the public believe they were death camps where little children were sent to be sexually abused and executed.

I actually know a well educated lady who has taught at a University who has pubically stated this type of view --- shaved heads, deloused with kerosen, children raped and killed. No chance for a reasonable discussion with her on this. Even when I tell her that I had uncles who were white orphans and lived in residential schools. Unbelievable the mind washing that the media did with the narrative on this.

Hugh
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Hugh, I lived in a couple small communities, one in the Maritimes and one in BC where the majority of the population is indegenous. Worst pushers of the narrative are white folks stirring up the natives because they see themselves getting their hands on and administering, contracting, or somehow getting a share of the money native bands get. They couldn't give a damn about indians.

It's still going on today, [bleep] on the take lipservice promising the indians trinkets and beads worth nothing and walking off with the spoils.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by bushrat
Originally Posted by Nick1899

Nick
And if they ever do find human remains chances are there would be white children among them. Many white families living in remote areas also sent their children to these schools to get an education. Back in the day they buried people pretty handy to where they died, didn't have any way to preserve bodies or ship them back to their communities so were buried on site.

The whole idea with the residential schools in Canada was to eliminate the indigenous population over time in Canada. It was an attempt at genocide. My grandmother spent 12 years of her life in one of these schools. She was stripped of her Indian status card, was not allowed to be at home with her family other than summer break and Xmas. If she spoke her native language she had her mouth washed out with soap by the catholic nuns who ran the school. The kids worked and did chores as much as they attended school. They were not allowed to practice any of their native spiritual traditions.
Imagine doing this today? Taking young children from their families and their communities. The federal government is still paying dearly for this mistake.
The Catholic Church was involved because they made money doing it. The federal government paid the church x$ per each native child/student at the school.

Last edited by snoeproe; 10/10/23.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Snoproe, in those times it was either declare war on them or round them up and try integrating them. Natives were considered a burr under the saddle. We have to think of what took place in terms of the mentality of the day rather than condemning what happened through todays modern woke attitudes. Considering they burned white witches at the stake and other nasty things that happened back then some might consider what happened to the natives as pretty fair....it could have easily gone much worse for them.

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The relationship between Native Canada and government is a marxist one....its ok to be a lazy fugg.

Native Canada was at the highest level of primitive ingenuity 150 years ago, and today is the most useless.

I wouldn't be making any excuses for the Catholic Church, they left a trail of tears, then try to hide behind their good intentions. They forget about human nature devoid of God and put sexually deprived Men in charge of young Men and Girls, wtf did they think was going to happen? The Catholic Church is the very reason Native people distance themselves from God.

If there are bodies buried, lets see them, if there are bodies then it is a job for the RCMP, why isn't there an open investigation? If there are any bodies, and there likely are, they will be infants, figure it out.

The best lies begin with a grain of truth, oh yeah, there were crimes commited, but beatings and sexual assault are not murder, I pump the brakes on genocide, cultural genocide no doubt, but not as a species. Similar to the "holocaust", sure something happened, but not quite like how they would have you believe.

My Grandfather did go to the school and beat the fugg out of the chief azzhole for the beatings these so-called spiritual leaders were administering as routine, he should of machine gunned them.

There is a massive difference between words, "integrate" and "adapt". Evidently integration doesn't work, I won't integrate, but am perfectly willing to adapt, similar to how any other culture comes to Canada and does just that.

To take every cultural value away, then humiliate in the hope they will "integrate" is fugged up, but it is/was for their own good LOL.

I am willing to forgive, but I won't forget what has happened to 2 generations of my family, I saw it, and it turned me into who I am today. I own a home, my Sons own homes, no help or begging from any entity, except the bank.
To justify what the black robes did is one of the lowest forms of life to me.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

538 members (10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 160user, 1936M71, 007FJ, 67 invisible), 2,474 guests, and 1,250 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,445
Posts18,489,603
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.