-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The Du-Ha is what you want. Can keep 3 rifles under the back seat completely out of sight. Can also keep all the crap under your back seat from rolling all around. It also meets the qualification of case for states that require it. Worth every penny.

Du-ha

I also use the lucid snap rack. It is instant access and I believe also meets case or rack requirements. Can be concealed by draping a jacket or hoodie over it if need be.

Snap rack

I’ve got both and use both. For the snap rack install, make it as tight as possible and save the extra elastic so you can re-do it a few years down the road when it wears out. Mines 10 years old and I have redone the elastic a few times.

The snap rack can scratch the barrel just a little bit. Some electrical tape (blue of course) around the barrel or on the rack will stop that. With something on the floorboard wedged against the butstock it is surprisingly solid. The video does a good job showing it. It’s available at Amazon for a little less. I believe the DuHa can be had at Amazon or real truck as well. The DuHa will not mar the gun at all. Something like 50,000 plus miles without any marks.

Last edited by K1500; 10/13/23.

J
Jim1611 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
Thanks for the ideas men. Allot of good ones too!

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by DocFoster
Originally Posted by CashisKing
You can make these easy enough out of some steel bar... or you can buy them on Walmart.com or Temu

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

* NEVER DOWNLOAD the Temu app.
Am I seeing this wrong? Is the scope on the Marlin mounted backwards?

LOL!

Yep it is!

"I can't see chit outta this scope! It was hell to sight in! But that bore sighter finally paid off!" laugh

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
You can make these easy enough out of some steel bar... or you can buy them on Walmart.com or Temu

LOL!

Yep it is!

"I can't see chit outta this scope! It was hell to sight in! But that bore sighter finally paid off!" laugh

People who want to do long distance hunting mount a scope like that.

WFR Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc].
Nice rifles!

IC B2

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C

LOL...

It was a Google grab pic.

I missed the scope being backwards.

That is just downright pathetic.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Are you talking about the black gun cases?

How concerned are you about people seeing your guns and then stealing them?

[Linked Image from ]
G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by ConradCA

Good point. I had a plain Chevy with a black steel headliner & a Big Sky rack. Rarely, & I mean it, that anybody noticed the guns on the ceiling. An all black 870 & a grey & stainless model 7. They rode there 10 years. Folks riding in the truck sometimes didn't notice them.

I put the rack in another truck with a tan cloth headliner. The guns stuck out like a sore thumb. Folks walking past the truck saw them.

Guess it's all in the application.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Some of the bench seat saddleblanket seat covers have pockets the length of the seat that will hold a long gun. Perfect for a levergun.

“No one in hell can ever say I went to Christ and He rejected me.

C.H. Spurgeon
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

LOL!

Yep it is!

He's gonna shoot himself in the face!

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

IC B3

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by K1500
The Du-Ha is what you want. Can keep 3 rifles under the back seat completely out of sight. Can also keep all the crap under your back seat from rolling all around. It also meets the qualification of case for states that require it. Worth every penny.

Du-ha

Thanks, i have one incoming.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You bet. They really are a nice setup. They look factory when installed and no one can see all the stuff in the box.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
You bet. They really are a nice setup. They look factory when installed and no one can see all the stuff in the box.

I really like that too.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

J
Jim1611 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Verylargeboots

You will want to do this.

I like this and yes I can see doing this. Thanks

J
Jim1611 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J

Du-ha

I also use the lucid snap rack. It is instant access and I believe also meets case or rack requirements. Can be concealed by draping a jacket or hoodie over it if need be.

Snap rack

I’ve got both and use both. For the snap rack install, make it as tight as possible and save the extra elastic so you can re-do it a few years down the road when it wears out. Mines 10 years old and I have redone the elastic a few times.

The snap rack can scratch the barrel just a little bit. Some electrical tape (blue of course) around the barrel or on the rack will stop that. With something on the floorboard wedged against the butstock it is surprisingly solid. The video does a good job showing it. It’s available at Amazon for a little less. I believe the DuHa can be had at Amazon or real truck as well. The DuHa will not mar the gun at all. Something like 50,000 plus miles without any marks.

Nice! I got on their website and was ready to place an order but found out they don't sell the lockable unit for under my truck's seat. There just isn't enough room. Excellent looking product though.

J
Jim1611 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by gunzo
Originally Posted by ConradCA

Good point. I had a plain Chevy with a black steel headliner & a Big Sky rack. Rarely, & I mean it, that anybody noticed the guns on the ceiling. An all black 870 & a grey & stainless model 7. They rode there 10 years. Folks riding in the truck sometimes didn't notice them.

I put the rack in another truck with a tan cloth headliner. The guns stuck out like a sore thumb. Folks walking past the truck saw them.

Guess it's all in the application.

My headliner is light colored too. No tint on the front windows either. I think I'll stay away from the headliner mount.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I carry a rifle in my pickup all the time. Mostly I'm by myself, so it's barrel down on the passenger floorboard with the buttstock near the console, resting on the passenger seat.

If I have a dog riding with me, or person, I put the buttstock on the back seat with the barrel along the console of the driver side. Quick access either way. Throw a towel over it to cover it when I go inside a store. But then again, I don't advertise I have a gun in the pickup by installing an obvious gun rack.

^^^This^^^

Long gone are the good ole days when EVERY Rancher had a rifle rack mounted to the back windshield of their truck.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by 19352012

Mine would be bouncing out of that rack and falling to the back floorboard on some of the places I drive.
Imagine how beat to schit they would look, as well. Guns are made from steel and wood but are really fragile when you think about it.

Those racks will rub off the bluing and mar the finish on the stock PDQ. They need some soft padding, unless you have a beater truck gun. They'll work fine then, be sure to add some velcro straps to hold them in place or they'll launch onto the floor.

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
I carry a rifle in my pickup all the time. Mostly I'm by myself, so it's barrel down on the passenger floorboard with the buttstock near the console, resting on the passenger seat.

If I have a dog riding with me, or person, I put the buttstock on the back seat with the barrel along the console of the driver side. Quick access either way. Throw a towel over it to cover it when I go inside a store. But then again, I don't advertise I have a gun in the pickup by installing an obvious gun rack.

^^^This^^^

Long gone are the good ole days when EVERY Rancher had a rifle rack mounted to the back windshield of their truck.
95% of the trucks on the road, you can not reach the back window from the driver's seat.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
^ that’s what the snap rack is good for.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

556 members (12344mag, 222Sako, 160user, 240NMC, 1lessdog, 17CalFan, 64 invisible), 2,293 guests, and 1,269 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,288
Posts18,486,906
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.