Campfire Regular
V
Y'all crack me up.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
About a third of those are just wrong, and another third it's are things it's good to be done with.

For every worth wile skill on that list the younger generations won't use, there's a contra, often more valuable skill boomers won't learn.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
The kids don't have the skills or tools, maybe the motivation to make any physical/mechanical parts. Right here on the fire classified, time after time, kids wanting to buy something that can be knocked out in the home shop. Look at all the reloading gimmicks and widgets that can be made in the home shop, powder tricklers, runout gauges, comparators, custom dies, seating tools, custom scope bases, pins, odd screws, sight bands, sight bases etc. Tractor parts, equipment parts, auto parts...boomers rebuild or fabricate...if the kids can't buy a new one they are screwed. To the kids, a shade tree is just a place to sit where the screen doesn't have so much glare...to a boomer, it's a place where schidt gets done.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by hillestadj
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Damn near everybody around here still has a landline including me. That list makes millenials sound lazy, fat and stupid as well as lacking in morals, which I pretty well already knew.

Lol. Of the first five on the list which would you say you most excel at Blackie? Be honest now.

1. Staying Married

3. Finding A Good Business Suit

5. Ironing
Obviously you missed the keto diet memo huh pudge ball ?

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
Damn near everybody around here still has a landline including me. That list makes millenials sound lazy, fat and stupid as well as lacking in morals, which I pretty well already knew.

Lol. Of the first five on the list which would you say you most excel at Blackie? Be honest now.

1. Staying Married

5. Ironing

is getting a free spaghetti plate from the church on the list?

#brambleon
You couldn't waddle your fat ass through a bramble patch if your life depended on it.

IC B2

MAC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have tried to teach HS kids how to use a compass and a map. They cannot understand why they may need to do that because they "have GPS on their phone." When you try to explain that the U.S. military controls the GPS system and can turn it off from civilian use by simply pushing a button, they don't believe it. That have allowed them selves to become slaves to their gadgets.

You get out of life what you are willing to accept. If you ain't happy, do something about it!
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Silly!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

1. Staying Married

5. Ironing
Obviously you missed the keto diet memo huh pudge ball ?

That is not an answer missy.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Don't know if it's been said, but changing a tire on the side of the road.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
The loss of paper maps has limited my kids understanding of the general geographic layout of our state. Using the digital directions on a cell phone works but they really don't ever get the bigger picture so to speak.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I read the first 2, obviously compiled by an oblivious boomer.

People don't stay married long these days because boomers ushered in feminism and ruined womens' lives. Millenials don't bother to "figure out" cable TV any more than we bother figuring out buggy whips.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by silver78
The loss of paper maps has limited my kids understanding of the general geographic layout of our state. Using the digital directions on a cell phone works but they really don't ever get the bigger picture so to speak.
Exactly correct. I never went out on an ocean fishing trip without chart and compass. To a lesser degree we can include a clockface with hands to tell time...in a busy work environment, traveling, planning your day, timing a hunt to allow for daylight to establish a camp, whatever...the clockface is kinda, sorta, a dayplanner....digital, not so much.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Stickfight
I read the first 2, obviously compiled by an oblivious boomer.

People don't stay married long these days because boomers ushered in feminism and ruined womens' lives. Millenials don't bother to "figure out" cable TV any more than we bother figuring out buggy whips.

List was retarded.

"Figure Out" cable.

Turn someone born in 1991 loose with the remote to a TV with cable and time how long it takes to figure out.

Now take someone born in 1956 hand them a remote and tell them to turn on their new 4K Samsung, get it on their wireless, download a streaming app, and find something to watch. No phone-a-child aloud. Hope you have an afternoon carved out.

"Balance a checkbook" - oh no, addition and subtraction are kryptonite!

Ask a boomer to log into their online banking and transfer funds from A to B...going to require the password notebook, mumbling at security questions, getting locked out after 5 failed attempts and a angry phone call to Anoopaloop in Bangladesh after they drive down to the local branch and get told to call customer service.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A boomer would know that "aloud" is not the word you sought.

You belittle an entire age group, most of which not only mastered all their own skills when they were your age but have also learned your minimal skill set. In my mind that makes them smarter and more capable than your generation. You measure your intelligence by the ability to stare into little screens. Your generation are too absorbed in your phones to avoid walking into lamp posts or in front of cars. Smart? Bwahahaha

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
"who are too absorbed in their phones to avoid walking into lamp posts or in front of cars."

LOL

That's the new natural selection. Darwin remains correct.

I was warned, but I am here anyway.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Their brains.

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
A boomer would know that "aloud" is not the word you sought.

You belittle an entire age group, most of which not only mastered all their own skills when they were your age but have also learned your minimal skill set. In my mind that makes them smarter and more capable than your generation. You measure your intelligence by the ability to stare into little screens. Your generation are too absorbed in your phones to avoid walking into lamp posts or in front of cars. Smart? Bwahahaha

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Haven't read it, I', too old to be "Boomer." We dropped our land line, and lost our main email.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
boomers go insane when you point out they were handed an homogenous christian society and turned it into a stinking septic tank of 4th worlders speaking 450 different dialects in NYC sporting to many religions to list. they go crazy cause they know they are guilty like outing a homo in the 50's. not all are guilty. out of the 70 million boomers 20 million good the rest destroyed every foundation this country was founded on not satisfied with that accomplishment then they want to destroy half the world

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I'm not sure if this is a universal thing but I can remember when I was a boy growing up and having the utmost respect for my elders. The more I live the less I see that. For me my grandfather's word was not questioned and I learned a great deal from him and others. I still use those lessons even today. You can blame the previous generation for everything you see as bad but what are you doing to improve it.

Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

581 members (1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 16penny, 1936M71, 1Akshooter, 58 invisible), 2,246 guests, and 1,099 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,819
Posts18,496,482
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.