Print Thread
Hop To
Page 12 of 16 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Higginez
Upperlake, CA

I don't know how any of that area even exists..... there is no big agriculture, no commercial, etc? All those towns like Clear Lake, Lakeport, etc. must just survive off of tourism, social security, and crank lol. Years ago we would go there 3-4 times a year to fish but now I only go when my son has a tournament there, maybe once or twice a year ......stay in a air b&b and bring all of our own food.....don't even go out to eat there anymore......sad for such a nice area geographically ...... could be bad azz.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Bombay Beach, Salton Sea CA.

Just down the road from The City of Lost Souls in the Land of the Blind.
Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by hardway
Originally Posted by Higginez
Upperlake, CA

I don't know how any of that area even exists..... there is no big agriculture, no commercial, etc? All those towns like Clear Lake, Lakeport, etc. must just survive off of tourism, social security, and crank lol. Years ago we would go there 3-4 times a year to fish but now I only go when my son has a tournament there, maybe once or twice a year ......stay in a air b&b and bring all of our own food.....don't even go out to eat there anymore......sad for such a nice area geographically ...... could be bad azz.

LOL

At the very start of the "pandemic", I had to prove I was "essential" to the dirka dirka at the Super 8 Motel in Upperlake, CA!

I asked the MFer if they get alot of people vacationing at the Super 8 in Upperlake!

At least I'm over it! LOL

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
DMc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Amazing thread. Would be interesting hearing details on how many of those reporting these "shiitholes", ended up there. Thanks to all for sharing.

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by DMc
Amazing thread. Would be interesting hearing details on how many of those reporting these "shiitholes", ended up there. Thanks to all for sharing.

Just about all of my "travels" were on the US taxpayer's dime.
Courtesy of the USMC.
Semper Fi !

"...and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one."
Luke 22:36
IC B2

J
JDK Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
We can’t leave the northeast out

Bridgeport and New Haven Connecticut

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by DMc

Tijuana/Rosarito - work. Visiting Hyundai Translead.

Del Rio - dropping a rifle off to Jeff Hicks, was before he became a chit head here.

Me

G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
Dulac, Louisiana - the stench of the pogie plant had to be experienced to be believed…

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by pertnear
Saudi Arabia - The whole place checks all the boxes for SH category.

Ignorant words written by someone who has obviously never been on the ground there.

Carry what you’re willing to fight with - Mackay Sagebrush

Perfect is the enemy of good enough
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by gunchamp
I spent a couple nights in a roadway inn south of atlanta. Looked good online with a nice pool. Got there and the pool was drained because dead cats were found in there the night before. Took a shower and the ceiling vent fan fell out of the ceiling and split my head open. Also pulled back the sheets and my mattress had a huge blood stain lol. Good times

It was a Roadway Inn, what were you expecting, La Quinta?

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
I spent a couple nights in a roadway inn south of atlanta. Looked good online with a nice pool. Got there and the pool was drained because dead cats were found in there the night before. Took a shower and the ceiling vent fan fell out of the ceiling and split my head open. Also pulled back the sheets and my mattress had a huge blood stain lol. Good times

La Quinta is Spanish for "Next to Denny's"

Me

N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
Originally Posted by deflave
In the United States?

Any area between Brownsville and Del Rio, Texas.

That entire area is a disgusting schit hole. In every way.

Spent some time in McAllen/Pharr TX...couldn't agree more.

Last edited by Northerner; 10/17/23.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Blu_Cs
Originally Posted by pertnear
Saudi Arabia - The whole place checks all the boxes for SH category.

Ignorant words written by someone who has obviously never been on the ground there.
I gotta agree with pertnear for the most part, work there for 2 years spent alot of time in Dammam lived in Hoffuf and worked alot around Hoffuf and as far south as Haradh
Don't know if all my spelling is correct.
Flew alot out of Bahrain driving across the causeway was like whole different world once in Bahrain Hell of alot cleaner.

Last edited by sherm_61; 10/17/23.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Camden, N.J. S.E. New Orleans. East St. Louis Eagle Pass, Tex. Just to name a few. Rio7

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by JDK
We can’t leave the northeast out

Bridgeport and New Haven Connecticut
And Hartford.

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.”

Patrick Henry
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Rio7, JDK and Winchester21 are on the mark. Some other places in the area in/around Philly are just as bad.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I've driven through a lot of them. But the only one I saw up close was Baltimore. I got off the beaten path in Baltimore and drove around for a while in the biggest, worst ghetto I had ever seen. It was big enough that I had a difficult time finding my way out of it. At the time, it seemed like the entire city was bombed out ghetto. I eventually made my way to a business district in the center of the city. But it was small and as soon as you exited it you were back in the ghetto.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
These days?

Planet Earth.

Prove me wrong.

I prefer peace. But if trouble must come, let it come in my time, so that my children may live in peace. ~~ Thomas Paine
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by 260Remguy

Have you been to a La Quinta? Total sh it holes.

Camp is where you make it.
W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Pine Bluff, Arkansas would be a close 2nd to Memphis, just on a smaller scale. Folks there don’t realize the crap hole they live in. They tend to figure it out when they spend some time outside the region.

Page 12 of 16 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

586 members (10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 1OntarioJim, 1lessdog, 160user, 007FJ, 70 invisible), 2,447 guests, and 1,340 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,153
Posts18,484,265
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.