Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
458Win Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Ruger and Lipseys have produced a limited run of the Ruger 416 guide rifles for the Alaska Professional Hunters Association. Arctic Ammo in Wasilla has agreed to sell the remains few rifle and I posted more in the classified section

Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master Guide,
Alaska Hunter Ed Instructor
FAA Master pilot
www.grizzlyskinsofalaska.com

Anyone who claims the 30-06 is not effective has either not used one, or else is unwittingly commenting on their marksmanship.
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
For $1600+ the Ruger comes with a Hogue Overmold..lol…GMAFB….I guess it does make sense when viewed through lens of how the APHA fu.cks everyone that isn’t a non-resident guide…

APHA can kiss my white ass!

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by 458Win
Ruger and Lipseys have produced a limited run of the Ruger 416 guide rifles for the Alaska Professional Hunters Association. Arctic Ammo in Wasilla has agreed to sell the remains few rifle and I posted more in the classified section
Nice gun. Great chambering.

458Win Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Considering the fact that Ruger had decided to stop production, this is a great chance to get one

Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master Guide,
FAA Master pilot

Anyone who claims the 30-06 is not effective has either not used one, or else is unwittingly commenting on their marksmanship.
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It did cross my mind. The club like stock and the loudener on the end of the barrel can be dealt with (for a price). The lack of available brass and the only alternative of one manufacturer (with two types of loaded ammo for $5+ per round) is the biggest detractor.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
At this point in time I lost faith in anything Hornady used to produce. They pretty much discontinued making brass for the 450/500, 450 NE, 470 NE, etc. Now they stopped producing 300 RCM, 338 RCM, 375 Ruger, and 416 Ruger. And the last time they made a batch of 405 Winchester brass it was a special order for one company. Some of these out of production items you can still get brass, if you pay the premium for loaded ammo. Others, you are shet out of luck unless you have a good supply or find it for sale in the classifieds.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Snowwolfe
At this point in time I lost faith in anything Hornady used to produce. They pretty much discontinued making brass for the 450/500, 450 NE, 470 NE, etc. Now they stopped producing 300 RCM, 338 RCM, 375 Ruger, and 416 Ruger. And the last time they made a batch of 405 Winchester brass it was a special order for one company. Some of these out of production items you can still get brass, if you pay the premium for loaded ammo. Others, you are shet out of luck unless you have a good supply or find it for sale in the classifieds.

Well when pards buy one of those 416 from arctic ammo I suggest they load up on ammo. If I remember right they had it in stock.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I find it HILARIOUSLY fitting,that "THE Guide Rifle" is such an EPIC Goat Fhuqk. Hint.

I've yet to meet a "Guide" who had the FIRST Fhuqking Clue about Rifles or Bullets. Hint.

Bless their hearts,for trying.

Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Big Stick
I find it HILARIOUSLY fitting,that "THE Guide Rifle" is such an EPIC Goat Fhuqk. Hint.

I've yet to meet a "Guide" who had the FIRST Fhuqking Clue about Rifles or Bullets. Hint.

Bless their hearts,for trying.

Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..................

Pard, next time please use Pard.

Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Sweetie,

You fhuqking EMBARASS yourself by trying. Hint.

You "know" NOTHING about rifles,or the Game. Hint.

Too bad that APHA is a bunch of Drooling Clueless Fhuqks. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sweetie,

Pard, please less insults and more pardly love 🥰🥰🥰. Pard

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 79S
Well when pards buy one of those 416 from arctic ammo I suggest they load up on ammo. If I remember right they had it in stock.

That would be a wise plan, if they had any in stock. Just called and they have no 416 ammo in stock at the moment. $120 per box when they do get some in.

The rifle is considerably less than Lipsey's MSRP.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I'll have to agree with Aces & BS,

that rifle ain't worth $1600, is the extreme price tag because it's associated with APHA ? what makes them so special ?

20" barrel is way too short and 1:14 is far too slow of a twist in .416 cal, and that Hogue stock is absolute, total & complete crap, I've bought used rifles with that hideous embarrassment on them and tossed the stocks in the dumpster STAT

"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants".
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JimInAK
Originally Posted by 79S

That would be a wise plan, if they had any in stock. Just called and they have no 416 ammo in stock at the moment. $120 per box when they do get some in.

The rifle is considerably less than Lipsey's MSRP.

Pard, I stopped in sportsman’s warehouse in Wasilla this morning they had 5-6 boxes of 416 ruger. No clue on price though. I do need to go back buy some leverevolution. My pard stick squared me up in load info, he’s a good pard to have.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
$1175 if purchased from current stock. $1375 if from second shipment. I guess time is money???

Limited purpose built for sure, but too many negatives to resolve to make it a good idea.

The 416 RM that bearhunter sold last spring was a far better mouse trap.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I know the Hogue stock gets lots of hate, but it works. I've got one on my 338 Hawkeye, it soaks up recoil and I shoot small groups every year without poi shift. The Ruger stock is noticeably harsher on recoil.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 79S
Sweetie,

You are sucking the wrong ass. Hint............

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 79S
Sweetie,

You are sucking the wrong ass. Hint............

Pard, Pard lets practice being kinder and gentler pards. ❤️❤️❤️

458Win Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Sweetie,

I guess a Fhuqking LAUGHING self anointed “Timber Tramp” internet expert would know all there is to know about guiding and guns.

Anonymity, like the masks worn by terrorist, gives courage to cowards.

Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master Guide,
FAA Master pilot

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

606 members (160user, 222ND, 2500HD, 2003and2013, 257 mag, 163bc, 59 invisible), 2,396 guests, and 1,163 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,789
Posts18,477,285
Members73,943
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.