Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
My friend's son chose the Rock River Rrage 2G and got a smoking deal on it at $600 from Smokey Mountains Guns and Ammo. I had an extra Vortex Razor HD that was donated to the cause.

Based on his comments, he's now very interested in 3 gun (thus the Razor) so this will not be his last AR platform. Good to see the next gen getting involved.

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
GB1

K
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
K
If it's his first rifle, don't piece one together. Just buy a complete rifle from a good company.

It's nice to pick and choose exactly what you want, but you've gotta get all the crap together to build it.

Also, you may have to deal with stuff not fitting as it should. In my very small sample size of receivers, I've had upper that would NOT pin on my PSA SBR lower without wallowing out the pin holes.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Rarely hear of the Ruger MPR.

How does it rate??

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Initially the Ruger MPR was a dismal rifle. Countless complaints about FTF/FTE issues. If you read current posts on the Ruger Forum, their reliability issues are still a challenge.

D
dla Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by STRSWilson
Initially the Ruger MPR was a dismal rifle. Countless complaints about FTF/FTE issues. If you read current posts on the Ruger Forum, their reliability issues are still a challenge.
Bull. You don't know jack [bleep] so don't spread FUD.

The MPR with the 18" barrel and rifle length gas system is a nice rifle for the $700-$800 price point. Comes with a very good two-stage trigger.

Once a guy has a lower, he can put whatever upper on it he wants. But if you're starting out, the Ruger MPR is a very nice rifle from a company that will stand behind it so that you don't have to troubleshoot on a forum.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Spend 5 minutes googling Ruger MPR problems.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C

Igitur quī dēsīderat pācem, præparet bellum
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
Our failure list is at work. I’ll check it next week.

Thanks, I’d really be interested in what you saw.

MAGA
D
dla Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Spend 5 minutes googling Ruger MPR problems.
You dumb [bleep], you can find problems with any brand via Google. Probably found your own moronic post.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

It's pretty hard now days to find a schitty AR but you sure got it done.

Congratulations?

Google - Springfield Armory Saint failures

You'll get lots of hits. The Saint is a hard no.

Exactly this.

My friend's son chose the Rock River Rrage 2G and got a smoking deal on it at $600 from Smokey Mountains Guns and Ammo. I had an extra Vortex Razor HD that was donated to the cause.

Based on his comments, he's now very interested in 3 gun (thus the Razor) so this will not be his last AR platform. Good to see the next gen getting involved.

Good job on the Razor.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
LOL

MM

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

That Rock River doesn't sound like a bad rifle at all. Kudos to you on the donation of the Razor. I've looked through one several times. A friend who works at an LGS near me has the 1-6 on his primary AR. It's some pretty darn nice glass, for sure. The only downside is they sure don't give them away. Around $1500 if I remember correctly.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by dla
Bull. You don't know jack [bleep] so don't spread FUD.

The MPR with the 18" barrel and rifle length gas system is a nice rifle for the $700-$800 price point. Comes with a very good two-stage trigger.

Once a guy has a lower, he can put whatever upper on it he wants. But if you're starting out, the Ruger MPR is a very nice rifle from a company that will stand behind it so that you don't have to troubleshoot on a forum.

Ruger will stand behind a product, and they often have to. They had to with my Ruger AR. Got it back and it's a friggin shooter. The last time I shot it, it did these two groups. I shot the one to the left, then made an adjustment to put me 1.5 high. That was the last of that particular load.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Good deal. And for the record, I never said they weren't accurate; just not reliable out of the box.

Glad you got yours shooting! Now move the target from 15 yards to 100. smile

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Good deal. And for the record, I never said they weren't accurate; just not reliable out of the box.

Glad you got yours shooting! Now move the target from 15 yards to 100. smile

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
So I'm in the market for an "upscale" M4. My son (former 3rd Ranger Battalion) wants me to go Colt. I'm leaning towards Daniel Defense. I want absolute reliability, but also accuracy, fit and finish. Which would you recommend?

Regards,

Chuck

"There's a saying in prize fighting, everyone's got a plan until they get hit"

Ghost And The Darkness

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
KAC or LMT, buy once, cry once.

MM

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by colorado
So I'm in the market for an "upscale" M4. My son (former 3rd Ranger Battalion) wants me to go Colt. I'm leaning towards Daniel Defense. I want absolute reliability, but also accuracy, fit and finish. Which would you recommend?

My Colt 6920 isn't in the same zip code as LaRue, Geissele, LMT, Centurion Arms, or DD

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Anything wrong or need to be upgraded with either the Daniel Defense line or the Colt 6920's?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by FOsteology
Anything wrong or need to be upgraded with either the Daniel Defense line or the Colt 6920's?

My Colt trigger sucked. It didn't NEED to be replaced, but it was.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

232 members (2500HD, 204guy, 16penny, 280shooter, 2ndwind, 338reddog, 31 invisible), 2,231 guests, and 1,236 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,240
Posts18,485,889
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.