Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
H
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
Left home yesterday morning to travel south on I-55 heading down to my fishing and duck hunting camp in Saint Bernard parish in very heavy fog only to find that I-55 had been closed due to a major accident on the Interstate.

When the smoke cleared there had been a crash up involving 158 vehicles with 7 known deaths, 25 others injured and multiple fires from the crashes.

This happened on the elevated portion of I-55 in Pass Manchac area of I-55.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Wasn’t that camp where old toot went to die?

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
FISH CAMP !

TOOT TOOT

GO LOOK UP MORE tax records and contact fire members' bosses,dumb kghunt

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
H
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
FISH CAMP !

TOOT TOOT

You truly are a stupid bastard.

M
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
M
Should have left sooner.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Houston_2
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
FISH CAMP !

TOOT TOOT

You truly are a stupid bastard.

And you're a despicable piece of [bleep].

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Left home yesterday morning to travel south on I-55 heading down to my fishing and duck hunting camp in Saint Bernard parish in very heavy fog only to find that I-55 had been closed due to a major accident on the Interstate.

When the smoke cleared there had been a crash up involving 158 vehicles with 7 known deaths, 25 others injured and multiple fires from the crashes.

Already been posted and there is an ongoing discussion, fugk tard.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Highly indicative of the lack of COMMONSENSE in America today!! Just drive hellbent for leather until you hit something because of no visibility!! DUMBASSES ALL!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Sharpsman
Highly indicative of the lack of COMMONSENSE in America today!! Just drive hellbent for leather until you hit something because of no visibility!! DUMBASSES ALL!!

Fugging bicyclists.

Me

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by deflave

Already been posted and there is an ongoing discussion, fugk tard.

dumb ol toooty should stick to her Covid updates

Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
We have a very dangerous section of I-75 running through my fair city. Fog is common, and so are wrecks involving multiple vehicles. In virtually every case, the cause was speeding, following too close and not driving in accordance to conditions.

Sam......

H
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
The 8th person died with several more listed as critical.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
The 8th person died with several more listed as critical.

Was that Forbes or WSJ?

H
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Sharpsman

Yep.

The Ponchartrain Causeway was closed earlier. Supposedly the I-10 past LaPlace to the Lake was closed with traffic diverted through Hwy 61.

Lots of folks asking why the elevated portion of I-55 wasn’t also closed.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
We have a very dangerous section of I-75 running through my fair city. Fog is common, and so are wrecks involving multiple vehicles. In virtually every case, the cause was speeding, following too close and not driving in accordance to conditions.
Seems like it's either fog or smoke every damn year on I-4 when I visit my folks in FL. The resulting collisions are stupidity and speed.

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
H
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by NH K9
Seems like it's either fog or smoke every damn year on I-4 when I visit my folks in FL. The resulting collisions are stupidity and speed.

The heavy fog in this instance was further aggravated by marsh fires and smoke in greater area.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Don’t forget dipshits on the phone….

When people face the possibility of freezing or starving there is little chance they are going to listen to unfounded claims of climate doomsday from a bunch of ultra-rich yacht sailing private jet-setting carbon-spewing hypocrite elites
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The same thing has happened many times on Highway 99 north in Tulare and Kern counties of California. It is called Tule fog. A lot of people over the years have been killed/badly injured.

I and my wife experienced it one night coming from our cabin in Tulare County back to Los Angeles. It'll scare the hell out of you, driving a normal speed on the freeway at night and in an instant, you are driving in fog so thick you can barely see the hood of your car or truck. We immediately pulled over as far as we could, stopped, turned on the emergency flashers , abandoned the pickup and got over to a fence out of the way should some driver slam into our pickup. Fortunately, we did not experience our pickup being hit, but there were several wrecks and injuries of drivers who just kept on driving fast through the blinding Tule fog.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C

It's a shame you weren't part of the death toll.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

217 members (160user, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 222Sako, 2500HD, 22 invisible), 1,673 guests, and 1,056 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,120
Posts18,483,627
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.