Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
R
rufous Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
I am curious what your thoughts are as to what is up with the stock market. It has mostly been dropping since the end of July. Our overall portfolio value is down about 10% in that time despite adding to it through payroll deductions. We have several accounts so it is not just 1 lousy performing account.

GB1

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Have you, perhaps, watched a newscast or read a paper lately?

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Look at the idiots that are running this country. There’s your answer.

NRA Patron
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The dollar is running out of gas. More to come. Plus interest rates are up so some of the money went there.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by dale06
Look at the idiots that are running this country. There’s your answer.
This. Although they aren't idiots. They are intelligently busting out the nation. Biden is just their empty suit.

The idea of a bust out is to take full advantage of a nation's (or a business's) credit line to spend as much as possible, thus lining their own pockets, for as long as a nation's credit holds out, and when the ruined hulk of a nation collapses, they leave the people of that nation holding the bag.

IC B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
In a word, bidenomics, old friend. Print money, steal the value of yours for the purpose of buying votes. The dollar becomes more worthless until the world gives up on it. Cloward Piven, destruction for marxist takeover. All the best. Godspeed, TR

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Consumer Credit..

Gawd This Ain’t Rocket Science..

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Things are so good we can afford to pay for two wars at the same time.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
N
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
N
Bidenomics! Seems like everything the emeffer does costs me in some form or another 🤬

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Short Selling might help you some.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

IC B3

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Most equities overvalued

Last I checked, equities are down 16%, bonds 7%.

Rising interest rates and inflation keeping consumer confidence and spending cool.

Same factors have made private credit markets a big plus.

Positioned well enough. Expect more pain for 6-9 months.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
after bombing and sanctioning more then half the world which the suicidal boomers cheer on the rest of the world is teaming up to get away from the dollar. it will take time but it will happen and it will be mad max time in the US and the more I see how dumb the people are they might deserve it. If I had power I would after getting all young girls working there out I would napalm war street. they produce nothing but swindles con jobs lowlifes thieves and grifters. big companies never put a dime into making better products just put the profits into stock buy back to enrich the bosses then run away with the loot

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by CashisKing

What is short selling ?

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I parked most of mine when they stole the office and pot the puppet in. A while back my broker was telling me how I missed the run up to 35k on the dow and wanted to put me back in. I said no I'll wait until it comes back down. I'm doing cd ladders at around 5.5%.

Bb

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Closed our Edwin Jones and Merrill Lynch accounts out last week. I'm planning on supporting our small town local bank at 5.2%.

Life is good live it while you can.
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
"Sell in May, then go away."

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by mrmeener
after bombing and sanctioning more then half the world which the suicidal boomers cheer on the rest of the world is teaming up to get away from the dollar. it will take time but it will happen and it will be mad max time in the US and the more I see how dumb the people are they might deserve it. If I had power I would after getting all young girls working there out I would napalm war street. they produce nothing but swindles con jobs lowlifes thieves and grifters. big companies never put a dime into making better products just put the profits into stock buy back to enrich the bosses then run away with the loot
You are a bot.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Malcolm
Originally Posted by CashisKing

What is short selling ?
The short answer is betting on a stock to lose value. I do not know all the Ins and outs of it, but I understand you can lose much more than you invest if you’re wrong. If you’ve never seen the movie “The Big Short”, it is worth a watch.

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Everbody kept saying the S&P was going down to 3200-3400. Hasn’t happened, but, in a way, by staying STAGNANT in an inflationary environment, it kinda HAS….

Heck, the Dow should probably be at 40-45k to make up for the inflation we’ve seen, and here we sit, at $32–$35k, just like it was 3-4 years ago (with the exception of the Covid dip/recovery).

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by gregintenn
Originally Posted by mrmeener
You are a bot.
He makes some good points. It does seem the USA has a death wish.

The country has been looted. The vultures are circling in pretty close.

We will have happen to us what happened to the Soviet Union. Just go bankrupt and collapse. Except in the case of the defunct Soviet Union there was a USA to send food and help. No one will help us when the bankers drop the hammer.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

90 members (10gaugemag, 6MMWASP, 673, 79S, 2ndwind, 8 invisible), 1,737 guests, and 830 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,759
Posts18,514,950
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.