Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 37 1 2 3 36 37
M
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
M
Last month there was a thread in the handguns section called "Summer Carry".

It started out as the typical "what pocket gun do you carry in the hot weather" type thread.

I answered with the following post:

What gun is the minimum you are willing to get into a gunfight against one or possibly two armed bad guys with? Armed as in both have at minimum, handguns. Are you willing to get into that gunfight, which is a fight to the death, (them or you) with a Kahr that holds 7 rounds of .380?

For me, I know what my choices are. Each has to decide. Personally, I don't own any of the micro guns, that hold a very small amount of rounds, as I don't want to fall into the habit of grabbing what is comfortable, rather than what will actually get the job done. My only exception is a J Frame, and it is relegated to BUG role, and on exceedingly rare occasions a primary, but pretty much 99+% of the time I carry a gun I am willing to actually fight with and can turn in a good performance while using.

I posted again showing what I had chosen to carry that day, which was my Glock 22, .40 S&W a reload and a knife.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

One of the more condescending members (Wrapids) stated:

"None of my friends in central Wisconsin feel a need to carry a gun."

Then followed up afterwards by telling one of our other members that since they carried a gun and ammo, with this post:

"Sounds like you should leave a war zone"

I posted a few days later that I was packing the following, showing this picture:

To which Wrapids replied:

"You oughtta leave a war zone."

Here is the thing.

I RARELY comment about much of the stuff that goes on and try to stay out of it for the most part.

That said. This condescending liberal attitude is exactly why we just ended up with 18 people dead and 13 more wounded. Over 30 people total, plus all their families. Kids, spouses, parents, all the people who cared for them.

NOBODY SHOT BACK.

When the fight started, nobody took the fight to the enemy. Nobody stood their ground and put rounds into the bad guy.

NOBODY.

So Wrapids, maybe you should feel the need to carry a gun, because NOBODY is coming to save you.

It is up to individuals to protect themselves. It is not the job of the government, or the nanny state. You are responsible for your own protection and those you care for who are unable to protect themselves.

You and NOBODY ELSE.

Your typical liberal won't fight his own fight, but he sure will call the police and have someone else do it. He is too scared to do the job himself, but not too scared to put someone else at risk. Pathetic.

Back on point,

You don't get to pick and choose when these things are going to happen or where. They are like a gift from a stranger. You have to unwrap it and deal with it, no matter what it is. Odds are that the situation will not be in your favor as the bad guy(s) will have planned it that way. So deal with it.

That is why you carry a gun you are willing to get into a fight with, and actually be prepared to fight.

Just one person with a gun and some skills could have made a difference and changed the outcome drastically.

Think about Eli Dickens.

The 22 year old young man who stopped what would have been a massacre in a shopping mall. He did so by carrying a gun daily and practicing. When the time came, he did not run, he took the fight to the enemy and stopped a massacre before really got going.

This is The Way.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
I drew a 365xl out of my pocket and drilled my dog before I could tell Young Richard to cover his ears.

That was at 30 yards and moving out.....

Me and that dog was both surprised.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Amen

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Great post, MS

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
J
People don't want to accept they are responsible for their own safety

IC B2

J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
I drew a 365xl out of my pocket and drilled my dog before I could tell Young Richard to cover his ears.

Shooting a little dog (especially your own as it is moving away from you) is in no way like being in a fight.
And what could posses a man to take a 30 yard shot on his own dog with a handgun? Was there an imminent threat?

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
Last month there was a thread in the handguns section called "Summer Carry".

It started out as the typical "what pocket gun do you carry in the hot weather" type thread.

I answered with the following post:

What gun is the minimum you are willing to get into a gunfight against one or possibly two armed bad guys with? Armed as in both have at minimum, handguns. Are you willing to get into that gunfight, which is a fight to the death, (them or you) with a Kahr that holds 7 rounds of .380?

For me, I know what my choices are. Each has to decide. Personally, I don't own any of the micro guns, that hold a very small amount of rounds, as I don't want to fall into the habit of grabbing what is comfortable, rather than what will actually get the job done. My only exception is a J Frame, and it is relegated to BUG role, and on exceedingly rare occasions a primary, but pretty much 99+% of the time I carry a gun I am willing to actually fight with and can turn in a good performance while using.

I posted again showing what I had chosen to carry that day, which was my Glock 22, .40 S&W a reload and a knife.

One of the more condescending members (Wrapids) stated:

"None of my friends in central Wisconsin feel a need to carry a gun."

Then followed up afterwards by telling one of our other members that since they carried a gun and ammo, with this post:

"Sounds like you should leave a war zone"

I posted a few days later that I was packing the following, showing this picture:

To which Wrapids replied:

"You oughtta leave a war zone."

Here is the thing.

I RARELY comment about much of the stuff that goes on and try to stay out of it for the most part.

That said. This condescending liberal attitude is exactly why we just ended up with 18 people dead and 13 more wounded. Over 30 people total, plus all their families. Kids, spouses, parents, all the people who cared for them.

NOBODY SHOT BACK.

When the fight started, nobody took the fight to the enemy. Nobody stood their ground and put rounds into the bad guy.

NOBODY.

So Wrapids, maybe you should feel the need to carry a gun, because NOBODY is coming to save you.

It is up to individuals to protect themselves. It is not the job of the government, or the nanny state. You are responsible for your own protection and those you care for who are unable to protect themselves.

You and NOBODY ELSE.

Your typical liberal won't fight his own fight, but he sure will call the police and have someone else do it. He is too scared to do the job himself, but not too scared to put someone else at risk. Pathetic.

Back on point,

You don't get to pick and choose when these things are going to happen or where. They are like a gift from a stranger. You have to unwrap it and deal with it, no matter what it is. Odds are that the situation will not be in your favor as the bad guy(s) will have planned it that way. So deal with it.

That is why you carry a gun you are willing to get into a fight with, and actually be prepared to fight.

Just one person with a gun and some skills could have made a difference and changed the outcome drastically.

Think about Eli Dickens.

The 22 year old young man who stopped what would have been a massacre in a shopping mall. He did so by carrying a gun daily and practicing. When the time came, he did not run, he took the fight to the enemy and stopped a massacre before really got going.

This is The Way.

Absolutely excellent post.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Unfortunately that mindset has become the exception in this country. Well said.

NRA Life Member

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jeffrey

Shooting a little dog (especially your own as it is moving away from you) is in no way like being in a fight.
And what could posses a man to take a 30 yard shot on his own dog with a handgun? Was there an imminent threat?

Jimmy is not quite right in the head.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

673 Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I find no honor in not defending oneself, but more disturbing is the unwilling to defend others who may be defenseless.

IC B3

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Statistics don't mean a thing when its your number that pops up.

Mackay, as usual you put reality into perspective that is difficult for anyone not to understand, except those in denial.

“Some ideas are so stupid that only intellectuals believe them.”
― G. Orwell

"Why can't men kill big game with the same cartridges women and kids use?"
_Eileen Clarke

"Unjust authority confers no obligation of obedience."
- Alexander Hamilton

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J

Burns was tangled in his adult diaper and very vulnerable.

Frankly my backhoe was broke down and I couldn't afford to dig a hole big enough to bury him.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I am bad about just grabbing a pocket revolver when dressed as the slut that I am in the summer. Ruger LCR .38 Special +P, to be exact. OP’s point is well taken.

I carry a Springfield Champion Operator or a Glock 23 when I have a long sleeve shirt or coat on but really need to stop just grabbing that LCR in summer. Sometimes I carry both the LCR and one of the others….and am right now as a matter of fact.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
:Nobody shot back'
Exactly!

I said to the wife when the Maine incident happened, "they will want more gun control when what's needed is more people carrying guns."

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Well said, Mackay Sagebrush.

I posted this before in another thread, regarding Maine's Concealed Carry laws. A Maine man or woman can carry a handgun concealed without a permit/license. If anyone were carrying, he/she did not shoot back.

https://www.maine.gov/dps/msp/sites/maine.gov.dps.msp/files/inline-files/LD%20652%20Summary.pdf

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Wrapids is a Liberal POS, none of this should surprise anyone. Liberals are only interested in themselves they have no interest in anyone else. Probably a good thing as they would just get in the way of real men taking care of business.

Here's one of his more colorful mentions.

Originally Posted by Wrapids
[bleep] trump, all that needs be said

You're right Mac, You should carry what you're good with not how well it goes with your outfit.

Last edited by 12344mag; 10/28/23.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J

Burns was tangled in his adult diaper and very vulnerable.

Frankly my backhoe was broke down and I couldn't afford to dig a hole big enough to bury him.

I could give a chit less about Burns. I’m curious why you needed to shoot your dog at 30 yards with a small pistol while it ran away from you.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
I am always armed . A main piece , backup and something sharp . Always.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Totally agree. Been packing a G17 for almost thirty years, no matter weather or circumstances. I can make cranial hits with that gun out to 25 yards once per second or less, depending on recent training frequency. Between the gun and spare mag, I have 35 rounds to accomplish the task. If I think I may need the gun, I carry two spare mags. The blade is an ESEE3, as I don’t like or trust folders for much. Backup for the Glock is a Ruger Sp101 .357. If you need a gun, you need a gun. Not some watered down facsimile of a weapon that only does the job if the threat is what you expected, when you expected, and how you expected.

We castigate dealers for trying to sell women guns less capable because of their perceived weakness, and then sit around discussing our pocket pistols and why we don't need anything more.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
The original post is illogical from the standpoint of life experience and goes against everything the OP is trying to make a point against.

EVERYONE KNOWS MURPHY’s LAW WILL DICTATE THE SCAT WILL GO DOWN THAT 1% of the time you carry that JFrame as a “primary”!

Thus negating all of the verbal diarrhea up until the jframe was mentioned AS “primary”. What a long winded post of Bovine Scat just to show whats on his Batman utility belt.

Last edited by JohnnyLoco; 10/28/23.
Page 1 of 37 1 2 3 36 37

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

484 members (16gage, 10gaugemag, 19rabbit52, 17CalFan, 1beaver_shooter, 1lesfox, 52 invisible), 2,776 guests, and 1,311 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,550
Posts18,510,298
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.