Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
R
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
R
Who has built rifles on Stiller predator actions?
Looking at building a 6.5x47 Lapua on a Predator action with a bartlien 2b barrel cut an crowned at 22in.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I did about 7/8 years ago.....gunsmith called me and said there would be machine work charges to square up the action...had it done but it was my last Stiller!!

In my opinion...there are better actions out there:

BAT
Defiance Machine
Surgeon
Borden
Terminus
Lone Peak
Impact
Pierce Engineering

Last edited by 300MAG; 10/30/23.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Take a look at kelby actions.
dave

[Linked Image]

Only accurate rifles are interesting.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by RoyalKnight
Looking at building a 6.5x47 Lapua on a Predator action with a bartlien 2b barrel cut an crowned at 22in.

I have a 6x47L built on a Stiller Tac 30 ,which it very similar to the predator. Wears a # 3 Brux finished at 23".

Last edited by mibowhunter; 10/30/23.

TB, CWD and Covid-19 , free so far.....
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have a 243AI built on one. Mickey Coleman put it together for me with a Broughton 8 twist tube. Shoots exceptionally well, but is not the smoothest action out there. As mentioned, there are better actions out there. My Kelbly is better finished and is much smoother.

To anger a conservative, lie to him. To annoy a liberal, tell him the truth.

Promoted to Turdlike status 03/17/12

IC B2

B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by 300MAG
I did about 7/8 years ago.....gunsmith called me and said there would be machine work charges to square up the action...had it done but it was my last Stiller!!

BAT
Defiance Machine
Surgeon
Borden
Terminus
Lone Peak
Impact
Pierce Engineering

You trust your smith? Do you know what he "trued" up? Kelblys, Bat, Pierce, and Borden make good receivers along with all of Stillers.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by butchlambert1

BAT
Defiance Machine
Surgeon
Borden
Terminus
Lone Peak
Impact
Pierce Engineering

You trust your smith? Do you know what he "trued" up? Kelblys, Bat, Pierce, and Borden make good receivers along with all of Stillers.

I do trust him....you trust yours?? I know you're a Stiller FANBOY....but calling me/my smith a liar?? How about GFY!!

My lugs were outta square and the action face needed trued up....

PS - Mr. Gradous is no longer here or he woulda chimed in....THANKS!!

Last edited by 300MAG; 10/30/23.
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I had one built in 6-284. #3 Lilja at 24". I've shot several sub 1" groups at 300 yds with it. I am more than happy with it.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by badger
It is not the smoothest action out there. As mentioned, there are better actions out there. My Kelbly is better finished and is much smoother.

It was a while ago, but my stiller tac300 was the roughest custom action I've ever felt.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I built a 308 Win on a Stiller Predator action about 7 years ago. Hart #3 barrel finished at 22". No drama just a sub-MOA rifle with Nosler Ballistic tips. Would not hesitate to use a Stiller again but I have enough rifles. I plan to give this one to my grandson as soon as he is old enough.

.280 AI Fan

"I don't make jokes, I just watch the government and report the facts" Will Rogers

"A little knowledge is a dangerous thing" Unknown

Trump 2024!
IC B3

R
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
R
I appreciate everyone's input.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I do trust him....you trust yours?? I know you're a Stiller FANBOY....but calling me/my smith a liar?? How about GFY!!

A supremely talented machinist asks a legit question and it warrants that kind of response?

Wow....

Forbidden Zoner
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Al_Nyhus

A supremely talented machinist asks a legit question and it warrants that kind of response?

Wow....

Yet another fanboy....WOW!!

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
6.5x47 on a Stiller Predator with a 22" Bartlein #19 Rem mag sporter contour in a McMillan classic. Pretty close to a 2b. I actually built a second one just like it because my son wouldn't give this one back after he hunted with it. Easily my favorite build out of the 10 or so I have done.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

NRA Life Member

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Buddy had a Stiller w/Rock Creek chambered in 7SAUM in a McMillan. I believe the BBL was a #4ish contour. It's still the most accurate rifle I've laid my hands upon/shot.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
R
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
R
Originally Posted by jdunham
6.5x47 on a Stiller Predator with a 22" Bartlein #19 Rem mag sporter contour in a McMillan classic. Pretty close to a 2b. I actually built a second one just like it because my son wouldn't give this one back after he hunted with it. Easily my favorite build out of the 10 or so I have done.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
I sure do like this alot!!!! everything about it.

R
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
R
Originally Posted by horse1
Buddy had a Stiller w/Rock Creek chambered in 7SAUM in a McMillan. I believe the BBL was a #4ish contour. It's still the most accurate rifle I've laid my hands upon/shot.
Sounds like a good one too!!

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
300 mag,do not know anything about you,after a response like that would not care too.butch lambert and al nyhus know a awful lot about all the goings on with the shooting industry,i do not believe butch called anyone a liar,he is more respectful than to do that.how was he to know you knew your smith well.as far as Robert gradous knew him well and own 2 of his builds.he might have voiced a opinion but not with the blatant ignorance that you showed.300 mag,act more like a 22 short.so for the decent people on this site i wish you the same.gfy might be the only place you could get a piece with your attitude.most likely young and a legend in your own mind.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
300 mag,do not know anything about you,after a response like that would not care too.butch lambert and al nyhus know a awful lot about all the goings on with the shooting industry,i do not believe butch called anyone a liar,he is more respectful than to do that.how was he to know you knew your smith well.as far as Robert gradous knew him well and own 2 of his builds.he might have voiced a opinion but not with the blatant ignorance that you showed.300 mag,act more like a 22 short.so for the decent people on this site i wish you the same.gfy might be the only place you could get a piece with your attitude.most likely young and a legend in your own mind.

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Originally Posted by RoyalKnight

I had one built on a Predator several years back, and still have one on the Shilen DGR action, which is a Predator with a floating bolt head built by Stiller for Shilen. No real complaints with either and they both shot/shoot very well. That being said, my latest build is on the Zermatt Origin, and I do like it even better.

John

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

545 members (1minute, 1_deuce, 1Longbow, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 1234, 69 invisible), 2,386 guests, and 1,266 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,539
Posts18,472,836
Members73,939
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.