Page 16 of 37 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 36 37
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by justin10mm
Originally Posted by deflave
A fighting sized handgun usually doesn't match well with prohibited carry locations.

Which is where having a BUG makes the most sense.

However it's a catch 22 because you're also more likely to need a fighting gun while in a gun free zone.

At the end of the day anything is better than nothing. More than that is a bonus.

This is is how every pea-shooter wants the conversation to wrap up.

LOL

My pocket gun is a Glock 29 along with a reload but then I don't frequent areas where criminals have more rights than I do.
Glock 29s a pocket gun you wear some baggy ass jeans don't you boy...

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by deflave
A fighting sized handgun usually doesn't match well with prohibited carry locations.

Which is where having a BUG makes the most sense.

However it's a catch 22 because you're also more likely to need a fighting gun while in a gun free zone.

At the end of the day anything is better than nothing. More than that is a bonus.

This is is how every pea-shooter wants the conversation to wrap up.

LOL

My pocket gun is a Glock 29 along with a reload but then I don't frequent areas where criminals have more rights than I do.

OK.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Glock 29 sounds awesome for pocket carry

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Sometimes violating a law that prohibits concealed carry is easier than resurrecting from the dead.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm not a pro gunslinger, the wisdom is sound in the OP.

My possibly misguided belief is something is better than nothing and if it isn't *comfortable* I don't follow through and carry anything on my person. While nothing I've tried goes unnoticed from a comfort standpoint I've recently been toting a Hellcat Pro, appendix. Not full size, but, *for me* large enough that I am confident as I'm going to be if the need should arise. 15+1 and a spare 15 rounder is ok by me - going to pick up a 17 rounder here when I see one on the shelf, should be more better.

All that to say there is always a compromise somewhere, except for the fact that Wrapids is a twat. On that there can be no compromise.

IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
If the folks in my CHL class are any indicator I’m guessing most folks should not be engaging an active shooter at the wood grill buffet on Saturday night.
Told my wife if we’re ever out and see any of the idiots in that class we’re leaving the location abruptly.

One idiot shot into the floor after the idiot leading the class thought it would be a great idea to do some draw and shoot drills with folks who’d never shot a gun before.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jackmountain
If the folks in my CHL class are any indicator I’m guessing most folks should not be engaging an active shooter at the wood grill buffet on Saturday night.
Told my wife if we’re ever out and see any of the idiots in that class we’re leaving the location abruptly.

One idiot shot into the floor after the idiot leading the class thought it would be a great idea to do some draw and shoot drills with folks who’d never shot a gun before.

Good times.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

Good times.
#collateraldamage.

E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E

Oh wow 😵

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors

Grip frames on the G26, G27 and G29 are way too short, IMHO.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Geez. How the hell did you end up in that class?

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by local_dirt

At the time, it was required by the state and this class was local to me.

It was pretty representative of society, 90% should’ve been humanely put down.

Last edited by jackmountain; 10/30/23.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

At the time it was required by the state and it was local to me

Gotcha.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L

some of us understand exactly what you're saying. but then again we're not all just like you.. make sure you put on a half by the way my CCW class has been many many years ago. the ones taught on my range are not talk quite the same as just basic

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors

Grip frames on the G26, G27 and G29 are way too short, IMHO.

26 is probably the worst choice available as a concealed carry piece other than the Hk sk size guns and subcompact 1911 offerings.
Too fat to carry and too short to shoot accurately coupled with a smaller than widely available magazine capacity.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by ldholton

some of us understand exactly what you're saying. but then again we're not all just like you.. make sure you put on a half by the way my CCW class has been many many years ago. the ones taught on my range are not talk quite the same as just basic

Whut?

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
Originally Posted by Skankhunt42
Originally Posted by luv2safari
At 6' 2 1/2"

Meaning no disrespect, but you measure your height like a little kid does.

P

Oh for krisake...

189.23 CM then

wink
Pharmseller is a kunt drug dealer, brush it off.

I don’t sell cúnt drugs, you’re not paying attention.

You sure like to focus on me, though. Maybe you have a man crush.

I’m flattered, I guess, but it’s kind of creepy.

P
You'd sell cunt drugs if you were told to. As long as the money keeps coming in, right? Kunt

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
At 6' 2 1/2"

Meaning no disrespect, but you measure your height like a little kid does.

P

Oh for krisake...

189.23 CM then

wink
Pharmseller is a kunt drug dealer, brush it off.

I don’t sell cúnt drugs, you’re not paying attention.

You sure like to focus on me, though. Maybe you have a man crush.

I’m flattered, I guess, but it’s kind of creepy.

P
You'd sell cunt drugs if you were told to. As long as the money keeps coming in, right? Kunt
bet they tell Jack drugs and they both could use them

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
I have carried daily since around 1990.

Started with a Colt Mustang in 380 ACP.

My parents bought me a Taurus 92 for my 40th Birthday, but being a full size pistol it was a bit cumbersome, as concealed carry at that time was illegal in Texas. Due to the nature of my occupation at that time, and the places in BFE I had to frequent, it was worth the risk.

Around 2002 I started carrying a Glock 36, 45 ACP.

IIRC, I carried it for several years and put down a number of wounded deer and hogs with it.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Then I got charged by this beast. I put 7 hardball rounds in him in starting about 10 yds. out. He expired at my feet while i was clicking and empty mag.

After that it was no more Mr. Nice Guy. I went out and directly grabbed a Glock 20 SF in 10 mm. I figure sixteen friends are better than 7 or 8.

But now being an old man I have "old man's butt" and a full size pistol and a spare mag tend to expose my shortcomings.

So I compromised for a bit and started carrying a Glock 43 in town.

Glocks are butt ugly, but I've yet to have on malfunction.

When the Sig P365 came on the market I decided to try it as one could have a creatively easy to conceal pistola with capabiltity of 10, 12 or 16 rounds.

It turns out that I shoot it as well as a full size pistol and I"ve only had 1 failure to feed of the three Sig P365 iterations I've owned and carried. I refuse to carry a pistol where an FTF is a factor.

I have others, but these are the 4 that see the most service.

The Glock 17 with light and laser is on the nightstand each night, and accompany me at night when roaming my lease.

The Glock 43 w/ light and laser is available close at hand in case things go bump in the night.

The P 365 Tac Ops w/ red dot is carried in the day (17+1). I"m not a red dot fan at night. Night time I carry the P365, night sights and 12 round mag.

I consider myself fortunate that in +/-33 years of carry I've only had to display my weapon to diffuse the situation.

ya!

GWB

Last edited by geedubya; 10/30/23.

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by geedubya
I have carried daily since around 1990.

Started with a Colt Mustang in 380 ACP.

My parents bought me a Taurus 92 for my 40th Birthday, but being a full size pistol it was a bit cumbersome, as concealed carry at that time was illegal in Texas. Due to the nature of my occupation at that time, and the places in BFE I had to frequent, it was worth the risk.

Around 2002 I started carrying a Glock 36, 45 ACP.

IIRC, I carried it for several years and put down a number of wounded deer and hogs with it.

Then I got charged by this beast. I put 7 hardball rounds in him in starting about 10 yds. out. He expired at my feet while i was clicking and empty mag.

After that it was no more Mr. Nice Guy. I went out and directly grabbed a Glock 20 SF in 10 mm. I figure sixteen friends are better than 7 or 8.

But now being an old man I have "old man's butt" and a full size pistol and a spare mag tend to expose my shortcomings.

So I compromised for a bit and started carrying a Glock 43 in town.

Glocks are butt ugly, but I've yet to have on malfunction.

When the Sig P365 came on the market I decided to try it as one could have a creatively easy to conceal pistola with capabiltity of 10, 12 or 16 rounds.

It turns out that I shoot it as well as a full size pistol and I"ve only had 1 failure to feed of the three Sig P365 iterations I've owned and carried. I refuse to carry a pistol where an FTF is a factor.

I have others, but these are the 4 that see the most service.

The Glock 17 with light and laser is on the nightstand each night, and accompany me at night when roaming my lease.

The Glock 43 w/ light and laser is available close at hand in case things go bump in the night.

The P 365 Tac Ops w/ red dot is carried in the day (17+1). I"m not a red dot fan at night. Night time I carry the P365, night sights and 12 round mag.

I consider myself fortunate that in +/-33 years of carry I've only had to display my weapon to diffuse the situation.

ya!

GWB

Good stuff GW. IIRC, you got that Glock 43 from me.

I too carried a Glock 36 for a long time after they first came out. Like you, I finished off several hogs with it and killed one doe and one whitetail buck with it too. Went back to carrying my LW Commander in 45 acp, for quite a while, then went with a Glock 32 in .357 Sig for the longest time.

Now the. Glock 32 is my dedicated “truck gun”. Both my Glock 17 and 19X are house guns equipped with light / laser combo’s. Mostly carry either my Sig P365 or my Springfield HellCat nowadays on my person. Both with factory 15 round mags.
Unless I’m out hunting, then it’s my Glock 20. No telling how many hogs I’ve killed with it now.

Last edited by chlinstructor; 10/30/23.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 16 of 37 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 36 37

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

81 members (B52RadarNav, 35, Bigd7378, big_g270, 7mm_Loco, 6 invisible), 1,538 guests, and 771 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,557
Posts18,510,448
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.