Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Just curious if anyone knows or has any idea of how to find out? Chinese capitalist operations or are these sport optics to be considered communist goods? Rangefinders, bins, spotters, riflescopes etc...

Red, rrrr I mean Black Friday is coming up. Wanting to make some informed decisions. wink

Arken
Bushnell
Vortex
Hawke
Holosun
Sig
Athlon
Primary Arms
Element
GPO
Burris
Konus
Sightmark
Alpen
BSA
Centerpoint
Veridian
Tasco
Vector
Swift
Maven
CenterPoint
Mueler
Hi Lux
Halo
Cabelas
Nikon
Leupold
Simmons
ATN
Raven
Etc....

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
GB1

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
If it says made in China, the CCP is involved. It isn't a free market over there.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by taylorce1
If it says made in China, the CCP is involved. It isn't a free market over there.

This. They will and do support the PLA, I am sure they do already or will on demand produce optics for the PLA.

All the intellectual property they develop or more likely steal, will also go to the PLA.

Spence

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
the ccp and/or its oligarch members and/or army associated oligarchs get a piece of everything some way some how ...

abiding in Him,

><>fish30ought6<><
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
What about the Chicom parts that are inside those not made in China? Do those count?

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Just curious if anyone knows or has any idea of how to find out? Chinese capitalist operations or are these sport optics to be considered communist goods? Rangefinders, bins, spotters, riflescopes etc...

Red, rrrr I mean Black Friday is coming up. Wanting to make some informed decisions. wink

Arken
Bushnell
Vortex
Hawke
Holosun
Sig
Athlon
Primary Arms
Element
GPO
Burris
Konus
Sightmark
Alpen
BSA
Centerpoint
Veridian
Tasco
Vector
Swift
Maven
CenterPoint
Mueler
Hi Lux
Halo
Cabelas
Nikon
Leupold
Simmons
ATN
Raven
Etc....
[Linked Image from media.tenor.com]

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Originally Posted by taylorce1

This is 100% accurate. To put a finer point on it: If the company is Chinese, then the Communist Party of China is the legal owner of that company in China. The Chinese company can enter into contracts and do business in the West, and even pay its executives handsomely, but the company is ultimately just an organ of the Party. If the company is a Western company doing business in China, then that company enters into a partnership with a Chinese company (CCP controlled) which owns the factories and controls operations within China -- that's the only way a Western company can operate in China under Chinese law.

That's all to say there is no doing business in China without doing business with the Communist Party there. The only way not to feed the beast is to refrain from dealing with China or anything made there.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Son of a bitch.

--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So Boomie, looks like you’re either going to have to abandon your principles or buy from one of our former enemies instead, unless you want to roll the Leupold dice….

What fresh Hell is this?
IC B3

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Made in Japan (like Tract) is my choice.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Pappy348
So Boomie, looks like you’re either going to have to abandon your principles or buy from one of our former enemies instead, unless you want to roll the Leupold dice….
Honestly, I'm pretty Chinked-out for the year as I bought three reasonably-priced rolling tool chests from Home Depot and Harbor Freight.... Happy shopping.... Cumbaya

--- Kid Rock 2022

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Why even waste the brainpower when there are so many better options out there already anyways? Guys get bent out of shape about CCP and I surely get it, but don’t buy junk in the first place and the point is moot.

Last edited by SDHNTR; 10/31/23.
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by Pappy348

Short of two critters taken with Burris scopes all of mine have fallen to Leupold scopes. This includes 400 rounds through my 1.5-5 X 416 Rem prepping for a successful buffalo hunt in Zimbabwe and 300 through the same scope in my 375 H&H prepping for a SE Alaska brown bear hunt. Zero issues. Elk and moose in BC with my 35 Whelen, black and grizzly also in BC with my 338-06, black bear in Alberta with my 35 Whelen, plains game in Zim, South Africa and Namibia, all Leupolds. Colorado elk and mule deer and on and on with plenty of shots fired. Zero issues. All of my Leupold's are 10+ years old and most older. Maybe things have changed? This year mule deer dialed with a Leupold via SML.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Conduct is the best proof of character.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by SDHNTR
Why even waste the brainpower when there are so many better options out there already anyways? Guys get bent out of shape about CCP and I surely get it, but don’t buy junk in the first place and the point is moot.
Huhh? What junk are you referring to? Are you implying that sport optics made in China are by default "junk" quality?

--- Kid Rock 2022

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Huhh? What junk are you referring to? Are you implying that sport optics made in China are by default "junk" quality?
For the most part yes, as are the vast majority of the ones on your list above.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
I wouldn't automatically rate Japan any higher. All depends what glass they use.
A post on another forum rates the SWFAs at about a 40 year ago level as far as optics. They mentioned a move to China might actually improve them. Lol

M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
For the most part yes, as are the vast majority of the ones on your list above.
Sig branded rangefinders seem to please many. Plenty of kudos lately to Arken mechanicals. Holoson and Vortex have well-regarded electro optics. Have a couple lpvo from Primary Arms that are so far faultless for what they are. Same can be said for some Hawke, Athlon and reportedly GPO products. Not everyone goes top-tier for every purchase. That's often the crux here. Does the whole family get European bins and rangefinders? Not on most folk's budget. Of course some of the listed brands have never marketed anything worth a chit.

--- Kid Rock 2022

M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by KenMi
I wouldn't automatically rate Japan any higher. All depends what glass they use.
A post on another forum rates the SWFAs at about a 40 year ago level as far as optics. They mentioned a move to China might actually improve them. Lol
Glass? LOL

--- Kid Rock 2022

M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Had lots of fun with those 1.5-5x20s on Ruger 10/22s growing up. Dad only bought Stingers too. Never suffered any China junk back then... A right proper upbringing, LOL. Enjoy your hunts. I've done far less with them but had a few Leupolds fail. They've put out millions. Chit happens.

I very much appreciate that Leupod employs hundreds of machinists and techs in Beaverton. And they've avoided branding purely China-made riflescopes thus far, unlike those Burris, Vortex and Sig bitches.

--- Kid Rock 2022

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

178 members (1OntarioJim, 320090T, 7887mm08, 257 roberts, 6mmCreedmoor, 3dtestify, 18 invisible), 1,107 guests, and 975 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,093
Posts18,522,144
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.