Hop To
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ironbender
Originally Posted by JGray
Originally Posted by MuskegMan
Originally Posted by Tide_Change
I think they are just a field sobriety test some warped city planner thought up.

I just drive right straight through those SOBs. Kinda fuggs up the landscaping a bit, but it serves 'em right.
Hold my beer Cletus and watch this!

Ok - that was funny (and shoots down my comment about accident severity due to lower speeds) grin
Always an exception. 😆
That is not a real round-about... it is a speed bump!

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
GB1

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by New_2_99s
At least, you're still awake !
The issue is that the normal, intuitive flow of traffic often doesn’t follow the lines when they can’t be seen because of snow cover, especially on curves.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I disliked them at first but like them now for the most part. There are a few that are too heavily landscaped with bushes and create a visibility issue making spotting cars on the opposite in the roundabout difficult.

I didn’t enjoy a couple of tight ones in Wasilla/Palmer when I was hauling my 25 foot gooseneck on my super cab F350 loaded with logs. Always wondered how some of the truckers handled those.

Chronographs, bore scopes and pattern boards have broke a lot of hearts.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by mart
I disliked them at first but like them now for the most part. There are a few that are too heavily landscaped with bushes and create a visibility issue making spotting cars on the opposite in the roundabout difficult.

I didn’t enjoy a couple of tight ones in Wasilla/Palmer when I was hauling my 25 foot gooseneck on my super cab F350 loaded with logs. Always wondered how some of the truckers handled those.
They intentionally fill the middle to make people slow down.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Passionately hate them.

Some of the midsize towns in Arkansas are putting a few in here and there. The people foisting them on us are swarmy, metrosexual, libtards that believe their community should be exactly like London, England.

Get your ass out of AR and move to a big city somewhere else If you want to live in a big city.

IC B2

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Steve: I have heard from my law enforcement friends still on the job that they have slightly MORE accidents at roundabouts than the previous type intersection but the accidents are WAY LESS serious.
None in my county.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

RAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

That is NOT a "round-a-bout" in N.E.

I don't know WTF that is.

America is (supposed to be) a Republic, NOT a democracy. Learn the difference, help end the lie. Fear a government that fears your guns.
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by RAM

diverging diamond

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
my tin foil hat says they're pushing them on us to reduce serious injury accidents, saving the insurance company's $$$... at the same time creating more fender bender type accidents to create economic profits $$$ for auto industry...

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
The initial cost, people don’t know how to use them, snow plowing nightmare. I’ve seen the snow plow go thru one direction plow all the other exits off with a four foot high bank of snow. Even if he comes back thru the other direction 10 minutes later there are to many cars already stuck and in his way. For the one t bone accident they save every decade, versus the 20 fender benders a month. What a joke. Just another leftist trend to blow millions of dollars for no return. They have tons of blinkers plastic and glass all over the outside of the circle around here. They put em in a straight as an arrow state highway that used to be 55 mph is now 35 mph with a circle every 400 yards.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by hillestadj
Boomer kryptonite which makes them a clusterfuck.

Haha!

Crotchety old guys and retards hate ‘em.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by bruinruin
As a retrofit, I think they're a huge, trendy waste of money. Functionally, I don't mind them.

Exactly

I am MAGA.
Steve Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Steve: I have heard from my law enforcement friends still on the job that they have slightly MORE accidents at roundabouts than the previous type intersection but the accidents are WAY LESS serious.
None in my county.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Yeah. The video in this thread not withstanding, very few are going to run a roundabout.

Carpe' Scrotum
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
None in my county.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

That sounds exactly right.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 7mm_Loco
my tin foil hat says they're pushing them on us to reduce serious injury accidents, saving the insurance company's $$$... at the same time creating more fender bender type accidents to create economic profits $$$ for auto industry...

I believe that you are on to something.

Last edited by 5sdad; 10/31/23.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
RAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
So we are all bitchin' on the same thing. In N.H., a "round-a-'bout" is a circle at the intersection of 2 , 2 lanes. There is a grass area 'bout 10ft. In dia in middle w/ curb. The width of 2 lanes of traffic encircle the grass, the inside lane is slightly raised from the road bed and here are cobblestone, the outside lane is paved for traffic flow bordered by curb on the out side.

Semi's can not negotiate w/o either encroaching on curb or cobble stone. Even 10 wheelers are tight.

They are a bitch to plow. Causing maintenance up the wazoo

America is (supposed to be) a Republic, NOT a democracy. Learn the difference, help end the lie. Fear a government that fears your guns.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If they are simple, like a good old town square, then sure, they're fine (though I am forever amazed at how SO many people seem utterly unable to figure out to GO), but many of these new monstrosities I see now are a nightmare.

I also hate where they are reworking perfectly normal intersections into these ridiculous things where if you want to turn left you have to turn right and then make a freaking U turn (I bet truck drivers really love those). Absolutely asinine.

Basically, high paid people trying to come up with new ways to justify their positions.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Bet most of you fuggers that don't like a roundabout have issues with red, yellow and green lights as well.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Bet most of you fuggers that don't like a roundabout have issues with red, yellow and green lights as well.
possibly even running the full speed limit, and the left lane issues.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RAM

My post even stated it wasn't.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

152 members (44mc, 3dtestify, 280ACKIMP, 007FJ, 1badf350, 700LTR, 17 invisible), 13,213 guests, and 1,098 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,337
Posts18,546,266
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.