Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
So I just got home from Montana, my question is there anything you can cover the end of your barrel with that you can shoot thru that will not blow things up or effect accuracy, tape, Ballon, ??/ i had to belly crawl 100 yards plus to peek around ridge to get a shot at a mule deer, the whole time i was watching that gun barrel trying to keep it out of the mud, I did but someone has to have a plan for this.

Thanks in advance.

GB1

G
GRF Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Electric Tape

I’ve used it for years no issues whatsoever.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
electric tape

"Russia sucks."
---- Me, US Army (retired) 12B & 51B

Russian Admiral said, after the Moskva sank, "we have the world's worst navy but we aren't as bad as our army".

C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
thanks guys.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
3M Tape works for me. Never had an issue.

Semper Fi
IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Must be blue!

FJB & FJT
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Raeford
Must be blue!

I used green this year whistle

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]

Semper Fi
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
finger cots

"Jerry is dead, Phish suck time to get a job "
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Electrical tape, duct tape, makes no difference. Was def unnecessary but once as a test I shot taped and untaped groups at 300 and 600 yards and POI was identical.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by beretzs
Must be blue!

Nice work Beretzs!

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Must be blue!

Raeford;
Good evening to you sir, I trust that your part of the Blue Ridge mountains is getting appropriate weather or at least some you can work with.

Thanks for the chuckle this evening, I thought the exact same thing when I first read the query and was glad that some of the other 'Fire folk who've been here a day or two remembered it as well.

When I first taped up my rifle barrel it was actually green like beretzs' but was shown the error of my ways here and had to conform.

In the "for whatever it's worth" category, I've played with red, blue, green, yellow, white and black electrician's tape to see what kind of a bore check could still be done when pulling the bolt and holding the muzzle up to some light source if not the sun.

Obviously black is a no go, but even the darker colors like 'Campfire Blue and beretzs green still allow enough light through so one can kinda sorta check.

Red just offended my apparently tender sensibilities too much, but white worked okay on a winter coyote rifle that had a white camo barrel wrap on it.

Thanks for the chuckle and the memories as well sir.

All the best and good hunting.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

N
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
N
Electric tape. Two pieces in a cross works great. Shoot through it with no problems and no point of impact shift.

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by BC30cal
Must be blue!

Raeford;
Good evening to you sir, I trust that your part of the Blue Ridge mountains is getting appropriate weather or at least some you can work with.

Thanks for the chuckle this evening, I thought the exact same thing when I first read the query and was glad that some of the other 'Fire folk who've been here a day or two remembered it as well.

When I first taped up my rifle barrel it was actually green like beretzs' but was shown the error of my ways here and had to conform.

In the "for whatever it's worth" category, I've played with red, blue, green, yellow, white and black electrician's tape to see what kind of a bore check could still be done when pulling the bolt and holding the muzzle up to some light source if not the sun.

Obviously black is a no go, but even the darker colors like 'Campfire Blue and beretzs green still allow enough light through so one can kinda sorta check.

Red just offended my apparently tender sensibilities too much, but white worked okay on a winter coyote rifle that had a white camo barrel wrap on it.

Dwayne

Good evening buddy! Hope you are staying warm in the North Country!

Semper Fi
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
beretzs;
Good evening to you as well sir, we're fine and I hope you all are as well.

Congratulations on that elk, it looks like the perfect vintage to invite home for supper! cool

It's been fairly snappy out this past week, I want to say -17C the other morning hunting with our eldest daughter.

Not that bad down here at home, but I want to say -7C or so.

The tomatoes and peppers thankfully got picked before this cold snap hit so that was good.

We're - so far - allowed to heat with wood and since I'm wired to usually have a couple years worth in advance cut, the house is toasty warm, as is the garage whenever I wander out to do anything out there this time of year.

Thanks for the salutation, all the best to you all and good hunting.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by TX35W
Originally Posted by beretzs
Must be blue!

Nice work Beretzs!

Thanks Tex. I owe you a text on the trip.

Semper Fi
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by GRF
Electric Tape

I’ve used it for years no issues whatsoever.
Heck, you showed the method to me more than 20 years ago. Been working stellar at keeping crap out of the muzzle for a lot of years.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
As much fun as I've had w/the blue E-tape, in all reality, black super 33+ works much better when it's cold out, it stays stickier in the cold.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by BC30cal
Must be blue!

Raeford;

Dwayne

Dwayne;
I hope that all is well UP there in B.C. as well.

After a month of folk bowhunting here-mostly in shorts and T's we've finally arrived at the start of gun toting season for deer[well early MZ season anyways].

Opener is this coming Saturday, we had flurries this AM to kick start movement that has been light at best by our whitetail herd.

I drove & sat a farm yesterday evening after work to see if the cool weather had done what i thought it would and it had. Deer were hopping around all over the hills, hollows & pastures.

I think that I'm going with a lovely 3M yellow this year.

Best
Craig

FJB & FJT
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Blue painters masking tape for us !

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by New_2_99s
Blue painters masking tape for us !

"painters tape'

Sheesh

Hold into the blue tape

Hethen grin

FJB & FJT
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

571 members (12344mag, 01Foreman400, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 1234, 55 invisible), 2,443 guests, and 1,171 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,649
Posts18,493,382
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.