Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Been reading alpt of stuff lately. Following along with whats going on. Alot of chatter that we are being baited in to using a bunch of bombs and missles in iran when chit really pops off, which in turn would leave us weakened and short of the needed bombs. Made my position on all this known many times. Not for us involved in any of this crap. That said, doesnt military spend endless money on making and developing this chit? Would it really be possible for us to run out? If so, what in the royal f uck does the trillions of dollars a year actually do? None of this makes sense

GB1

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Lots of the money goes to greasing the right politician's palm, not for actual weapons production. If the graft, corruption and pay to play got eliminated, we could produce a lot more bombs, bullets, and military hardware. R&D cost for a new fighter jet or navy ship alone sucks up untold billions, just so some crooked politician gets to have a military manufacturer in his/her district.

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by gunchamp
That said, doesnt military spend endless money on making and developing this chit? Would it really be possible for us to run out? If so, what in the royal f uck does the trillions of dollars a year actually do? None of this makes sense

Much of the money is stolen. Now it makes sense.

Last edited by SupFoo; 10/31/23.
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Would it really be possible for us to run out?

No.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Military spending is 3-5 year budgets. Procurement of ordanence is based on a simultaneous 3 war senireo for a 90-120 day need for each battle zone. The 90-120 days load is above that carried into battle and also based upon the time to ramp up production or the ordanence. The weapons systems, I.e. a tank is based on the 3 war scenario as tank production usually takes 15-18 months, aircraft much longer. Missiles take much longer to procure. Can the military run out of explosives probably not, can they run out of battle platforms yes very much so, even with unlimited funding.

Beware of thieves, scammers and dishonest members on the "Fire" classifieds. Ya there is a thief here too. Whatever!!

They're all around the CampFire and everywhere.
IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Would it really be possible for us to run out?

No.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Been reading alpt of stuff lately. Following along with whats going on. Alot of chatter that we are being baited in to using a bunch of bombs and missles in iran when chit really pops off, which in turn would leave us weakened and short of the needed bombs. Made my position on all this known many times. Not for us involved in any of this crap. That said, doesnt military spend endless money on making and developing this chit? Would it really be possible for us to run out? If so, what in the royal f uck does the trillions of dollars a year actually do? None of this makes sense

The longer range HIMAR missiles we're giving Ukraine are over 25 years old. Some are 29 years old, ready to be slated for destruction. In other words, they were made BEFORE 9/11, and still sitting in our inventor after 20 years of fighting.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
N
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
N
Run out…no. Deplete…yes.

Just think about what Brandon has done to the strategic oil reserves. 🤬

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Don’t forget that government budgeting rules make for a great waste of money. Each company / battalion / regiment, etc requests an allotment of ammunition for the year. That must account for the Oct 1 through Sep 30 Fiscal year. All training needs are included plus a buffer for anything unexpected. And with govt budgeting, if you don’t use / spend your allotment, you can’t request that amount the next year. So every Sept units burn through all unused rounds so they ensure they get the same amount the next year. Makes for fun September weapon cleaning sessions. Especially after using all of the blanks!!

Government is like a baby: An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and no sense of responsibility at the other. - Ronald Reagan

For why should my freedom be judged by another man's conscience? - 1 Corinthians 10:29
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
It might be apples to oranges, but the US never ran out of weapons, or ammo, in WWII. Or any other war as far as that goes.

Old Corps

Semper Fi

FJB
IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
The US has shown time and time again that "good enough and plenty of it" is the winning formula.

Carry what you’re willing to fight with - Mackay Sagebrush

Perfect is the enemy of good enough
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Craigster
It might be apples to oranges, but the US never ran out of weapons, or ammo, in WWII.

The majority of the 20 years that my Father spent as a Department of the Air Force civilian executive involved inventory management. He rotated weapons inventory out of the go to war stock piles in Guam, Europe, Australia, and Japan to training bases and to actual combat, Vietnam, in a first in, first out, rotation. I recall him complaining that a lot of the bombs that F-105s dropped on North Vietnam had been made between 1942 and 1952 and were intended to be carried in internal bomb bays, not on wing pylon bomb racks.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Interesting info fellas. Thanks for the replies.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
China is on friendly terms with Iran. The U.S. military gets huge quantities of necessary strategic materials from China.

Also, a huge amount of material necessary for pharmaceuticals sold in America comes from China.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
we are somewhere between 5 and 10% of weapon fires given to Ukraine. if the numbers of dead and wounded Russians are correct, then we are getting a deal of the century. 300,000 dead and wounded Russian for 10% of our weapon fires (GMLRS/ATACMS/5.56X45, M982 Excaliber, Javelin missiles....), outstanding for 1990s tech.

"Russia sucks."
---- Me, US Army (retired) 12B & 51B

Russian Admiral said, after the Moskva sank, "we have the world's worst navy but we aren't as bad as our army".

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by philgood80
Don’t forget that government budgeting rules make for a great waste of money. Each company / battalion / regiment, etc requests an allotment of ammunition for the year. That must account for the Oct 1 through Sep 30 Fiscal year. All training needs are included plus a buffer for anything unexpected. And with govt budgeting, if you don’t use / spend your allotment, you can’t request that amount the next year. So every Sept units burn through all unused rounds so they ensure they get the same amount the next year. Makes for fun September weapon cleaning sessions. Especially after using all of the blanks!!

That's total nonsense.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by deflave
That's total nonsense.

There's a lot about what's going on that doesn't make sense. Stories don't add up. News gets reported but then follow on stories don't match.

“You never need fear a man, no matter what his size. When danger threatens, call on me, and I will equalize.”
Samuel Colt.

�Common sense is genius dressed up in work clothes.� - Ralph Waldo Emerson

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D

The most ammo I ever got to shoot up as a 19D was when a 10th Group ODA asked my platoon if we wanted to help shoot up their end of the year ammo. We were doing an AT4 range and the ODA was on an adjacent range. I shot up 2 crates of M203 practice rounds, a bunch of SAW ammo (we didn't use the SAW) and a bunch of 118LR.
I remember at Lewis one year we had 25000 rounds of 5.56 and 20,000 or so 9mm rounds for my team to shoot up at the end of the year. Made for a few long days at the range.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by deflave

That's total nonsense.
but very true . i remember this very well ,and our platoon SGT. explaining this very thing to us every Sept .when i was in the Army back in 80's, and it wasnt just ammo .it was all new tires on our M-151's (jeep's)and duece and a halfs and a lot of other things they had to spend money on ,or get less in the next year budget .happened every september

Last edited by rem shooter; 11/01/23.

NRA Life Member
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Sure.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

199 members (2ndwind, 264mag, 1_deuce, 204guy, 25 invisible), 1,825 guests, and 1,099 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,756
Posts18,476,362
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.