Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
V
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
V
Picked up this one today - owner said he fired one round, hard to say tho….it’s in nearly perfect condition.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Anyone else have a Lipsey 708?

Last edited by vacrt2002; 11/01/23.

“There is no limit to the amount of good you can do if you don’t care who gets credit.” R. Reagan
HR IC

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
That's awesome. Would love one in 6.5x55.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Very nice. I’d sure be happy to carry that.

V
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
V
Originally Posted by clockwork_7mm
That's awesome. Would love one in 6.5x55.

They are out there!

It’s hard to find info on this 708. I contact Lipsey and got the info and this.

“There is no limit to the amount of good you can do if you don’t care who gets credit.” R. Reagan
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
So Lipsey guns have their own unique serial number?

IC B2

V
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
V
I don’t know that. But it could make sense tho.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by Caplock

How did you come to that assumption?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
They have a unique model number and they may have a sequential block of serial numbers, but I don't think that they have unique serial numbers.

The Lipsey's non-cataloged Ruger RSIs that I have seen or owned have had the standard Ruger serial number format of 3 numbers, a hyphen, and 5 numbers.

987-65432

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

They can. I have one of the hundred Ruger RSI's in .275 Rigby that were made for the Dallas Arms Collectors Association. The serial numbers are DACA ### which reflects who it was made for and doesn't follow the standard Ruger numbering pattern.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by vacrt2002

I don't own a 7mm-08. But recently I fell in love with a left-handed Dakota 76 in that caliber that had been customized by Dietrich Apel (Paul Jaeger's nephew, Ruger employee & the owner of New England Custom Gun). Unfortunately someone with way more money than me blew my pathetic bid out of the water. For a lefty, rifles like these are unicorns so when one slips through your fingers it makes you sigh wistfully for a while...

But I'm a fan of that rifle type & caliber combination so I'm glad you were able to land a good deal. Your new purchase gets a thumbs up!

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
That's sweet!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by odonata

They can. I have one of the hundred Ruger RSI's in .275 Rigby that were made for the Dallas Arms Collectors Association. The serial numbers are DACA ### which reflects who it was made for and doesn't follow the standard Ruger numbering pattern.

They can, but did they on any of the multiple non-cataloged runs that they've made for Lipsey's ?

Ruger could give them unique Lipsey's specific serial numbers, something like LIP-00001 thru LIP-00260, but none of the Lipsey's stainless RSIs that I've owned had unique serial numbers, they had the standard xxx-xxxxx serial number format.

When you have a Ruger question that the Ruger CSR can't or won't answer, call Rody's 'cause someone there will either know the answer or they'll know someone who knows the answer.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C

Rifle on top is fantastic. Details?

V
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
V
Originally Posted by vacrt2002

I don't own a 7mm-08. But recently I fell in love with a left-handed Dakota 76 in that caliber that had been customized by Dietrich Apel (Paul Jaeger's nephew, Ruger employee & the owner of New England Custom Gun). Unfortunately someone with way more money than me blew my pathetic bid out of the water. For a lefty, rifles like these are unicorns so when one slips through your fingers it makes you sigh wistfully for a while...

But I'm a fan of that rifle type & caliber combination so I'm glad you were able to land a good deal. Your new purchase gets a thumbs up!

Thank you I hope to sight it in soon

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by clockwork_7mm
Rifle on top is fantastic. Details?

I shot my first deer with a Ruger #1 in .303 British so I have a nostalgic fondness for that round. The rifle on top is an Uberti Courteney Stalking Rifle chambered in that caliber.

https://www.uberti-usa.com/cartridge-rifles/1885-courteney-stalking-rifle

I pulled the factory Weaver quarter rib off of the rifle & installed the iron sights accessory base in its place. So my .303 British Ruger #1A is scoped with a fixed 6x42 Leupold & my Uberti I use without optics. Both of them work really well on deer in the southeastern woods.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

579 members (1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 16penny, 1936M71, 1Akshooter, 59 invisible), 2,234 guests, and 1,173 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,819
Posts18,496,482
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.