Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
G
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
G
There’s a court date looming in New York City that every NRA member is keeping an eye on. On January 8, the State of New York (represented by Attorney General Letitia James) will face off with the National Rifle Association (represented by William Brewer). Finally, they’re scheduled to appear in open court. When oaths are sworn, all the he said/she said will stop. Finally, we’ll see the “facts of the matter” -not each side’s heavily “spun” interpretations.

The fate of the 150-year old NRA literally hangs in the balance. New York, charging ongoing and unmediated malfeasance by its leadership, has sued to dissolve its charter- in essence, to kill it as a corporation.

We’ve spoken with confidential sources on both sides. To me, it appears that only New York State is looking forward to the trial. Barring an eleventh-our “deal” on the courthouse steps (not an impossibility), the NRA will be looking to win a civil case that has already burned through nearly $100 million dollars in members’ dues and contributions.

The “ongoing NRA trouble” has divided the industry, fractured friendships, and generally caused turmoil throughout the entire gun community. The tens of millions spent on legal fees, and settlements of other lawsuits and such, has effectively removed one of the most effective lobbying groups from two election cycles.

Those are all wins for anti-gun groups, so AG James, despite having never gone to trial, is already scoring points with her constituents. The controversies have also caused many NRA supporters, including major industry companies, to close their wallets.

Again a win for the New York supporters.

With the NRA’s distractions, other 2A organizations have rushed to fill the void. They’ve had varying measures of success

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Is Wayne gone yet?

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
He is temporarily unavailable, picking up a new $5K suit and shopping for mansions.

He'll call you back.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by gahuntertom
The controversies have also caused many NRA supporters, including major industry companies, to close their wallets.

Everyone with half a brain knows this to be false. WLP and their lack of defense of the 2A are the reasons the NRA is teetering on the brink of dissolution. Orgs like GOA are earning the funds the NRA used to have a monopoly on and they are winning with them. The last 5yrs+ have been fairly good for 2A and gun owners based on several court decisions. For the NRA to be struggling this badly indicates they are have lost their way from within.

You having posted this sans link or source confirms you, although claiming to having been a republican, are exactly the kind of milktoast cuck that should be flushed from society like the turd you are.

Fear the crabcat.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
…..Finally, they’re scheduled to appear in open court. When oaths are sworn, all the he said/she said will stop. Finally, we’ll see the “facts of the matter” -not each side’s heavily “spun” interpretations.

I understand that in theory you are correct but I really gotta ask you if you’re serious? Do you actually think that the AG of NY state will present “facts” simply because it’s under oath? Have you forgotten the modus operandi of the liberal left and rabid anti-Trumpers….their MO being they are congenital liars! They don’t possess a shred of integrity between them lot of them and “oaths” are laughable if that’s what we’re waiting for to legitimize their bullshit.

The same Sheboon aka Letitia is the monkey that values Mar-A-Lago at $18 million….UNDER OATH.

The liberal Jew judge and his band of traitors including the Sheboon DO NOT CARE about the TRUTH or FACTS. They simply care about outcomes, NOT how they achieve those outcomes! For the anti-Trump liberal cock suckers the ends always justifies the means…just like their Hamas allies.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Aces....spot on.
The last several years have really shed a light on the democommies and exposed them for what they are and are willing to do. At least for those willing to see.

"Aim right, squeeze light"
" Might as well hit what you're aiming at, it kicks the same whether you miss or not"
NRA Life, GOA
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I’ve had three calls from the NRA in the last 48 hours. Never answered as they’re wasting my time, as long as the current leadership remains in place.

Last edited by dale06; 11/03/23.

NRA Patron
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
We’ve spoken with confidential sources on both sides.

So you’ve talked with confidential sources? Or you copied and pasted this from something you’ve read without attribution or a link?

Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
I've an opinion that the muckraking the anti 2a and the likes of AG James slandering the NRA has been very affective doing damage to the NRA.

The DNC and their ilk are deceive/manipulate. They've been very affective against the NRA, poisoning attitudes of those who formerly supported the NRA.

I've chosen to maintain my annual NRA membership as normal. When they call and deliver the appeal for funds where they'll send a trinket, I reply ditch the trinkets, spend the money on 2a support.

I also financially support GOA. Just 'cause I want to.

GOA
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
This stuff will continue (NRA ripping off its members, corrupt courts, corporations and politicians etc...) unless/until there is a worldwide French Revolution style culling of the Marxist Globalists and their henchmen. The world's masses must fix this problem or just accept the fact you (me included); your family and friends are going to be used and abused until the you die.

Btw, this Sam Bankman-Fried/FTX sham is just another example of the "Elites" ripping off millions of dollars from other people. How does SBF, a total loser Wack job get access to the to the most powerful global elites and distribute money to our Nations politicians??? The DNC, politicians and banksters and their Marxist Globalist puppet masters will damn sure never repay the investors. Move along now. Nothing to see here folks. Hey, look over there!!!! Free stuff!!!

IC B3

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Anyone know, are NRA board members compensated, if so, how much.

NRA Patron
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
WLP and a 'Board' of 75 members.....can kiss my stinking Irish are!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I am a 75 year old life long Republican. Last week I early voted for Biden, sometime when you hire some one they don't work out, that's the way I look at Trump.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
OP is an admitted Democrat. Voted for Biden. Now throwing shade on the NRA. You POS.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

3-7-77
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I believe that WLP and the board have done a great job of running off NRA members on their own. I dropped mine several years ago after repeatedly stealing funds for private jets, yachts and $5000.00 suits. They use members for everything they can get out of them. They ruined a great organization by pilfering the funds. They will never get a dime out of me. Donate to GOA if you want to help the cause. Defund the NRA.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I have a paid up life membership which I guess I won't resign and for now I don't plan to join another gun rights organization. Almost every non profit outfit I look into has evidence of stealing or misfeasance by the officers.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
…..Finally, they’re scheduled to appear in open court. When oaths are sworn, all the he said/she said will stop. Finally, we’ll see the “facts of the matter” -not each side’s heavily “spun” interpretations.

I understand that in theory you are correct but I really gotta ask you if you’re serious? Do you actually think that the AG of NY state will present “facts” simply because it’s under oath? Have you forgotten the modus operandi of the liberal left and rabid anti-Trumpers….their MO being they are congenital liars! They don’t possess a shred of integrity between them lot of them and “oaths” are laughable if that’s what we’re waiting for to legitimize their bullshit.

The same Sheboon aka Letitia is the monkey that values Mar-A-Lago at $18 million….UNDER OATH.

The liberal Jew judge and his band of traitors including the Sheboon DO NOT CARE about the TRUTH or FACTS. They simply care about outcomes, NOT how they achieve those outcomes! For the anti-Trump liberal cock suckers the ends always justifies the means…just like their Hamas allies.

If you were familiar with his politics I'd not ask him if he were serious if he said the sun rose in the east this morning.

MAGA

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

520 members (160user, 17Fan, 10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 01Foreman400, 12344mag, 67 invisible), 2,376 guests, and 1,178 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,319
Posts18,487,362
Members73,969
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.