Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
D
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
Anyone seen anything on this? What I've seen so far makes me think this one has potential if it gets to the Supreme Court.

Nov 3 (Reuters) - A U.S. appeals court on Friday upheld an Illinois state ban on assault-style weapons and high-capacity ammunition magazines enacted after a 2022 mass shooting in Chicago's Highland Park suburb that left seven people dead and dozens more wounded.

In a 2-1 vote, a three-judge panel of the 7th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals threw out a lower-court injunction imposed against the firearms restrictions in one set of cases and affirmed decisions keeping the law intact in another batch.

More here.

https://www.reuters.com/legal/us-appeals-court-upholds-illinois-assault-weapons-ban-2023-11-04/

GB1

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Now if they could just get the murderous evil gang bangers to go by their laws they would have utopia.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by dodgefan
Anyone seen anything on this? What I've seen so far makes me think this one has potential if it gets to the Supreme Court.

Nov 3 (Reuters) - A U.S. appeals court on Friday upheld an Illinois state ban on assault-style weapons and high-capacity ammunition magazines enacted after a 2022 mass shooting in Chicago's Highland Park suburb that left seven people dead and dozens more wounded.

In a 2-1 vote, a three-judge panel of the 7th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals threw out a lower-court injunction imposed against the firearms restrictions in one set of cases and affirmed decisions keeping the law intact in another batch.

More here.

https://www.reuters.com/legal/us-appeals-court-upholds-illinois-assault-weapons-ban-2023-11-04/
Pretty clearly in opposition to the Supreme Court's ruling in Bruen. According to Bruen, if a gun control scheme cannot trace itself to one that existed at the time the Second Amendment was ratified, it's a violation of the Second Amendment, thus null and void.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
The courts/judges from local all the way up to SCOTUS are as corrupt as any gov't body/authority. Anybody who's ever read the Federalist/Anti Federalist papers and the BOR knows the founders intended for all citizens to be armed and prepared for war against all enemies foreign and domestic. There were/are no provisions for ANY gun laws/restrictions. The fact that the courts have allowed any gun laws or BATF to exist proves their corruption. I have no respect for the black robed scum whatsoever. One need look no further than the gun laws they've allowed to stand in New York for over a century to see what a farce they are.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
As the black robed clowns nibble at the edges of the constitution, they increasingly ignore 'precedent' or more precisely 'stare decisis'. It is and has been a major tenet of English common law and adopted here for nearly 300 years. When they pick and choose, ignoring Bruen and adopting parts of Heller they like...it is blatant f...kery in plain view. I suspect they (almost all the blackrobe community) are terrified at the thought of AR 15's in cities with high populations of Africans...that is the elephant in the room...that which must not be spoken, because if you go to the very root of the subject...it begs the question whether, in fact, all men are created equal? Some ethnic groups seem to function fairly well with a minimum of governance...other ethnic groups require a much firmer hand to live peacefully and productively.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by flintlocke
As the black robed clowns nibble at the edges of the constitution, they increasingly ignore 'precedent' or more precisely 'stare decisis'. It is and has been a major tenet of English common law and adopted here for nearly 300 years. When they pick and choose, ignoring Bruen and adopting parts of Heller they like...it is blatant f...kery in plain view. I suspect they (almost all the blackrobe community) are terrified at the thought of AR 15's in cities with high populations of Africans...that is the elephant in the room...that which must not be spoken, because if you go to the very root of the subject...it begs the question whether, in fact, all men are created equal? Some ethnic groups seem to function fairly well with a minimum of governance...other ethnic groups require a much firmer hand to live peacefully and productively.
[Linked Image from media0.giphy.com]

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
It is always well to remember, when we start getting our hopes up that justice will be served....in reality, federal judges are just more well paid government employees...some are conscientious, most are not.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Let's pray for Justice Thomas's safety and good health in the upcoming months.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Based upon how corrupt and politicized the criminal “injustice system” has become it makes sense that the black-robed dipshits are pissing their robes over ARs. They’re some of the most deserving of a big heaping pile of Justice. When the war kicks off there’ll be a lot of robes being tossed, degrees being burned and noses being surgically reduced in their attempts to hide their subversion and unconstitutional history! They deserve justice, real justice that is NOT tempered by compassion, justice that is commensurate with their crimes as prescribed by the law while adhering to past practices….they might pervert stare decisis but the “hanging tree” remembers precedent!

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Based upon how corrupt and politicized the criminal “injustice system” has become it makes sense that the black-robed dipshits are pissing their robes over ARs. They’re some of the most deserving of a big heaping pile of Justice. When the war kicks off there’ll be a lot of robes being tossed, degrees being burned and noses being surgically reduced in their attempts to hide their subversion and unconstitutional history! They deserve justice, real justice that is NOT tempered by compassion, justice that is commensurate with their crimes as prescribed by the law while adhering to past practices….they might pervert stare decisis but the “hanging tree” remembers precedent!
Now that's the AcesNights I remember.

IC B3

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
These leftist judges rule time and again against the Constitution and former judgements by the Supreme Court knowing full well it will be struck down. They are hoping to get a favorable verdict from the present leftist lunatics sitting on the court at present.
Democrats rant about wanting to keep the “integrity of the court “ which is leftist speak for needing judges sitting that are against the Constitution as it was written. They’ve railed many times about having a “living” (changing) “ Constitution. Congress is currently overrun with left leaning Rinos and leftist democrat Marxists that would happily abandon the Constitution if they thought they could get away with it.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Should have never made it that far. I'm sure our Gov J. B. the Hutt donating $1mil each to two of the IL SC judges didn't influence their opinion. It was a 4-3 decision saying the law was constitutional.

I can't wait for this to get to SCOTUS. They should bounce this and our stupid FOID card. The wording of the FOID law now states that "No person may acquire or possess any firearm" without a FOID. That is clearly taxing a right. Should you move into IL, you have 60 days to comply.

IMO, this law has nothing to do with making the state safer. It is all about J.B. and his future run for the White House. When the time comes, never forget this fat ba$tard was taped by the FBI talking with Blago about selling Obama's senate seat. J.B. wanted to be Treasurer. He's spent $300 million of his own money in the past two elections. For a job that pays $180k.

And FWIW, as far as I can determine, the SA M1A is exempt as long as it has SA's muzzle brake installed or no muzzle attachment. It isn't called out by name. Not sure if the hand guard can also be considered a barrel shroud and it's doubtful the ISP would tell you before you're in front of a judge. J. B. the Hutt has turned ISP into his personal brown shirts. They are as corrupt and incompetent as any/every other state agency in IL. As a state employee, I would know. Counting down my time to exit. This state is on a path of no return. Short of Chicago starting to vote republican, or a meteor hitting it, I don't see it turning around. The chances of either are pretty slim. Sad because I really enjoy living in my part of the state 300 miles south of Chiraq.

Last edited by minengr; 11/06/23.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We need a national divorce. There are regions and populations in this country that are no longer worth trying to hang onto as part of a nation.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
"Mr. Marshall has made his decision- - - - -now let him enforce it!"

Andrew Jackson

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

NRA-Benefactor
TSRA-Life

"It's a terrible thing when governments send their young men to kill each other." Charles Byrne,WW2 Vet.
On the day Desert Storm began.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The People are supposed to defy unconstitutional laws at every turn. "Shall not be infringed."

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

623 members (10gaugemag, 16gage, 06hunter59, 10ring1, 12344mag, 160user, 71 invisible), 3,235 guests, and 1,398 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,751
Posts18,476,214
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.