Print Thread
Hop To
T
Tarkio Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
Returned to Indy this week for the National FFA Convention.

Indy's largest convention numbers close to 70,000 people coming to town this past week.

It is always amazing to come here and see all these kids in their blue corduroy. Pretty amazing set of kids and a great organization that offers a ton of opportunities to its members.

Montana MOFO
GB1

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
my nephew was there.. back when I was in the FFA group national convention was always in Kansas City no matter what..
yeah I think it changed like about 20 years later...

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
sadly, the small independent family farms are are mostly gone... FCFA... future Corporate Farmers of America...

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 7mm_Loco
sadly, the small independent family farms are are mostly gone... FCFA... future Corporate Farmers of America...

Agriculture itself has changed over the generations.

But the FFA remains one of few things I support and am glad still exists for our youth.

If classes in agriculture were mandatory, maybe we'd have less grown idiots with no clue whatsoever where the food they eat comes from.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
“If classes in agriculture were mandatory, maybe we'd have less grown idiots with no clue whatsoever where the food they eat comes from.“

That’s the truth.

One of the sanest, surest, and most generous joys of life comes from being happy over the good fortune of others.
Archibald Rutledge

IC B2

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Our daughter was the FFA chapter president in Georgia. We still and will always support the FFA.

FFA Mission
FFA makes a positive difference in the lives of students by developing their potential for premier leadership, personal growth and career success through agricultural education.

FFA Motto
Learning to Do, Doing to Learn, Earning to Live, Living to Serve.

FFA Vision
Growing Leaders; Building Communities; Strengthening Agriculture

FFA Creed
I believe in the future of agriculture, with a faith born not of words but of deeds - achievements won by the present and past generations of agriculturists; in the promise of better days through better ways, even as the better things we now enjoy have come to us from the struggles of former years.

I believe that to live and work on a good farm, or to be engaged in other agricultural pursuits, is pleasant as well as challenging; for I know the joys and discomforts of agricultural life and hold an inborn fondness for those associations which, even in hours of discouragement, I cannot deny.

I believe in leadership from ourselves and respect from others. I believe in my own ability to work efficiently and think clearly, with such knowledge and skill as I can secure, and in the ability of progressive agriculturists to serve our own and the public interest in producing and marketing the product of our toil.

I believe in less dependence on begging and more power in bargaining; in the life abundant and enough honest wealth to help make it so--for others as well as myself; in less need for charity and more of it when needed; in being happy myself and playing square with those whose happiness depends upon me.

I believe that American agriculture can and will hold true to the best traditions of our national life and that I can exert an influence in my home and community which will stand solid for my part in that inspiring task.

FFA Code of Ethics
For a chapter to operate effectively, each member must play an active role. FFA is truly an organization of, by and for its members. Members decide and direct the activities of their own chapter. They hold positions of leadership and conduct all activities. The success or failure of chapter activities and programs rests with the membership.

Each member is charged with the responsibility of upholding the ideals and principles of the organization, as well as participating in all chapter activities.

FFA members conduct themselves at all times to be a credit to their organization, chapter, school, community, and family. They pledge to:

1. Develop potential for premier leadership, personal growth and career success.
2. Make a positive difference in the lives of others.
3. Dress neatly and appropriately for the occasion.
4. Respect the rights of others and their property.
5. Be courteous, honest, and fair with others.
6. Communicate in an appropriate, purposeful and positive manner.
7. Demonstrate good sportsmanship by being modest in winning and generous in defeat.
8. Make myself aware of FFA programs and activities and be an active participant.
9. Conduct and value a supervised agricultural experience (SAE) program.
10. Strive to establish and enhance my skills through agricultural education in order to enter a successful career.
11. Appreciate and promote diversity in our organization.

Life is good live it while you can.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
our high school in fort defiance ,va is the number 1 chapter

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I was in FFA, so was my son, and his oldest two daughters. Times have changed since I was, but it's still a great organization.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Love the FFA and coming to Indiana. Really helps make through another year and not just Indy. But all the towns around. Hope all had a good time and see you next year.

V
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
V
I am around FFA and 4H Kids at the Sportsman's Club. Horse Kids at the Saddle Club, and more Farmers Kids at the Mom & Pop Hardware Store where I still work part time. These kids are all the Cream of the Crop. I have been around generations of them growing up. They pretty much all end up being the Pillars of the Community as adults.

Bob R

IC B3

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Watched it on TV Friday. Properly dressed, well spoken, no tats or piercings, respectful group of future leaders. Made me proud to be an American.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
bought an FFA shirt at my local tractor supply. Good looking shirt and goes to a good cause.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Agriculture itself has changed over the generations.

But the FFA remains one of few things I support and am glad still exists for our youth.

Yes Sir, one of the few organizations that are worth anything anymore.

Originally Posted by rockinbbar
If classes in agriculture were mandatory, maybe we'd have less grown idiots with no clue whatsoever where the food they eat comes from.

Lol, reminds me of a conversation years ago,

The wife and I had a couple of friends over for dinner and we were having a conversation about traffic when my buds wife started to complain about farmers and their pickup trucks going so slow all the time, I gently reminded her of what farmers do and that most likely that was the only break he was going to get that day, she looked at me and said, " I don't know why we even have farmers anymore, we don't need them, I can just go to Meijers and by my food and whatever else I need".

Lol, they divorced a long time ago but she's still dumb as a democrat.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I was an FFA kid as well. But, I wasn't interested in staying in farming. In retrospect, I see where that was a mistake. We still have our 48 acres and I'm trying to make improvements for my kids and grandkids. I hope I'm not too late. 48 acres isn't much but it has potential.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
T
Tarkio Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by srwshooter
our high school in fort defiance ,va is the number 1 chapter

As in the first chapter in the nation?

Montana MOFO
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The FFA is a great organization and still deserves our support. I was Chapter Vice-President and Chapter President when I was in FFA. My niece was a state officer. My DIL was Chapter President for two years. Both my boys were in FFA and attended the National Conference as did my DIL and my niece.

I still have a relationship with the local high school ag program. These are the same good kids today that they were sixty years ago. Vocational Agriculture and the FFA is one bright spot in modern education. I would urge you to support them whenever you can.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

100 members (badwolf, 257 mag, 35, BABore, 10 invisible), 1,444 guests, and 923 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,623
Posts18,474,064
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.