Hop To
R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
Found this on another site.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/worl...f46a980128a4720b1c81ded8d28b821&ei=9

Israel already has very stiff gun control/carry laws, and the last month or so have convinced some of them to loosen those controls on handguns/carrying. The new rules will probably triple the number of handgun carriers.

Naturally, the lefties in Israel are going nuts. The blind dumbassery is amazing, especially with the last month's activities, which should be plain to see to anyone with eyes.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
It was at one time a common misconception that Israelis were free to walk around armed to the teeth while carrying out their daily activities. The Uzi slung over the shoulder of a house wife out shopping for groceries was a common image in the news. Turns out those were likely photos of off duty IDF forces.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Stupidity is endless and has no bounds! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
The Real Hawkeye;
Good afternoon, I hope the day is treating you well so far down in your part of the world.

As mentioned a couple times, I've had some folks who I know extremely well who lived and worked in Israel back in the '70's for a bit and then another fellow who traveled through there in the '90's.

The ones in the '70's were working just off the Golan Heights if memory serves and they remembered both Uzis and AR variants being something that was always taken along whether going into town or even working rural. While they could have mentioned it, I somehow can't recall them mentioning sidearms now that I think about it.

That said too Hawkeye, I don't have any info on whether or not the one's packing were IDF reservists, etc., sorry.

The fellow who traveled in the '90's actually came closer to getting into some reasonably serious trouble with the locals than the one's twenty years earlier, but his issue was some locals didn't like seeing a couple young folks jogging on the Sabbath or that's as I remember it.

While I've had other friends do tours of the Holy Land over the years, it's never been on my personal bucket list and I can't say recent events has changed my views on that much.

All the best to you in the upcoming week Hawkeye.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Thanks, Dwayne. You are the consummate gentleman.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The bankruptcy of gun control was proven on October 7

Sam......

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Handguns? Hell no! Maybe an M-4 with half a dozen spare magazines! It wouldn't be a bad idea to have that option in Detroit, Los Angeles, Chicago, Atlanta, Portland, or Washington DC!

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Hawkeye;
Thanks for the very kind reply, I appreciate it.

We've ended up knowing folks who worked in a few "interesting and sporty" locales over the years and of course being a lifetime "gun guy", I always ask about what it was that they saw in use.

Being as that most of the folks I knew who did that were on missions trips or working for NGO's and emphatically were not "gun people" sometimes the answers were a wee bit less than precise as one might imagine.

Had a good friend of my elder brother who worked for Agriculture Canada in the '70's and was sent to some fascinating spot in Central America, so perhaps Nicaragua but honestly where is lost to me now Hawkeye.

Anyways he was assigned a body guard who packed a high cap 9mm which back then would have been a Hi-Power most likely or possibly a CZ 75.

He said that SOP for dinner out on the town was the body guard would pick the table, usually where he had a good view of all the doors, then he'd pull out the pistol and lay it on the table, covering it with the napkin.

At first it made my brother's friend a little nervous, then he noticed that there were a few other tables where that was being done.

He said the wait staff didn't bat an eye.... laugh

On the farms whenever he was out and about the body guard used a long gun, but he wasn't clear ever on what it was other than a black rifle with a big detachable mag so who knows.

Again some of these folks have had interesting stories for sure and those stories made cemented the idea I'm blessed to live in a relatively peaceful part of the world - thus far.

Of course if I lived in an actual free country I would absolutely be as legally armed at all times as possible, but since that's not the case here currently then most prudent Canucks leave the discussion at that - as will I.

All the best and thanks again.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
Handguns? Hell no! Maybe an M-4 with half a dozen spare magazines! It wouldn't be a bad idea to have that option in Detroit, Los Angeles, Chicago, Atlanta, Portland, or Washington DC!
Ask Kyle Rittenhouse.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
They will never learn!

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Biden is al;so pi**ed off. He even threatened to cut off Israel's arms supplies because of their defense minister handing out black rifles.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
The bankruptcy of gun control was proven on October 7
This ^^

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The biggest fear of our Left is for law abiding people anywhere to prove that guns can be used to responsibly protect themselves.

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by ratsmacker

Israel already has very stiff gun control/carry laws, and the last month or so have convinced some of them to loosen those controls on handguns/carrying. The new rules will probably triple the number of handgun carriers.

Naturally, the lefties in Israel are going nuts. The blind dumbassery is amazing, especially with the last month's activities, which should be plain to see to anyone with eyes.

Don't you know, Jews are just supposed to serve themselves up to the murdering, rapist, butcher savages du jour.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by ratsmacker

Don't you know, Jews are just supposed to serve themselves up to the murdering, rapist, butcher savages du jour.

It sounds like the Knesset has other ideas about that nowadays. I applaud that attitude heartily.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by deltakid
Biden is al;so pi**ed off. He even threatened to cut off Israel's arms supplies because of their defense minister handing out black rifles.
He handed out a world class amount of free weapons, munitions and equipment to the Taliban upon exit from Afghanistan.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
If it ain’t one of our states, who gives a rip?

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

360 members (10gaugemag, 1minute, 1beaver_shooter, 16gage, 19rabbit52, 17CalFan, 46 invisible), 2,562 guests, and 1,217 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,551
Posts18,510,336
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.