Page 2 of 2 1 2
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by 458Win
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Sweetie,

You fhuqking EMBARASS yourself by trying. Hint.

You "know" NOTHING about rifles,or the Game. Hint.

Too bad that APHA is a bunch of Drooling Clueless Fhuqks. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.............

I guess a Fhuqking LAUGHING self anointed “Timber Tramp” internet expert would know all there is to know about guiding and guns.

Anonymity, like the masks worn by terrorist, gives courage to cowards.

Calm down mountain man, or im gonna send u another thoughtful care package of reloading goodies.

What's the deal with those alaska arms+ 1 mag plates for 416/375 ruger?

Hook me up with a deal, I want one!

GB1

458Win Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Morris Melani at Alaska Arms makes them and they are a nice addition. They actually feel good in the hand and add one additional round for the 375 & 416 Ruger and two additional rounds for standard calibers! I can even get two additional rounds in my 375 H&H M77 rifle that Bill Atkinson built for Bill Ruger.

Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master Guide,
Alaska Hunter Ed Instructor
FAA Master pilot
www.grizzlyskinsofalaska.com

Anyone who claims the 30-06 is not effective has either not used one, or else is unwittingly commenting on their marksmanship.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Sht I'm sold! My birthday is in middle of November

Hint hint.......

458Win Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by mainer_in_ak
Sht I'm sold! My birthday is in middle of November

Hint hint.......

If Morris doesn’t have one In stock I bet I might be able to

Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master Guide,
FAA Master pilot

Anyone who claims the 30-06 is not effective has either not used one, or else is unwittingly commenting on their marksmanship.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I find it HILARIOUSLY fitting,that "THE Guide Rifle" is such an EPIC Goat Fhuqk. Hint.

I've yet to meet a "Guide" who had the FIRST Fhuqking Clue about Rifles or Bullets. Hint.

Bless their hearts,for trying.

Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
IC B2

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I find it HILARIOUSLY fitting,that "THE Guide Rifle" is such an EPIC Goat Fhuqk. Hint.

I've yet to meet a "Guide" who had the FIRST Fhuqking Clue about Rifles or Bullets. Hint.

Hint.

Pard, you forgot to say Pard.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K

kk alaska

Alaska 7 months of winter then 5 months of tourists
458Win Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker

Hint.

And I have never met a logger who knew how to sharpen an ax or chainsaw

Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master Guide,
FAA Master pilot

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
The extended floor plate is a excellent idea. If I ever own another Ruger 77 it will wear one.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
For $1600+ the Ruger comes with a Hogue Overmold..lol…GMAFB….I guess it does make sense when viewed through lens of how the APHA fu.cks everyone that isn’t a non-resident guide…

APHA can kiss my white ass!

Come on Aces tell us how you really feel and no sugar coating it.

IC B3

458Win Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Ruger firearms, and their owners, seem to get a lot of flack from internet experts but since Ruger’s inception rural Alaskan hunters and guides who actually get out and use and often abuse their guns appreciate their rugged reliability.

Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master Guide,
FAA Master pilot

B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
Phil: I bought a Ruger 416 with 20" barrel and Hogue stock to hunt Africa Cape Buffalo. Before I would face dangerous game with the rifle I had to polish the barrel feed ramp, polish the trigger, change slightly the angle of the sear notch, smooth the feed rails of the receiver and magazine edges, polish the ejector hole, polish the magazine follower and change the magazine spring to a more beefy replacement. I also spent more than few nights in front of the idiot box working the action to smooth it up. To me the work was worth it for a $900 rifle.
Personally I like the Hogue over molded stock but your excellent suggestion to plane off the rubber for those that don't is an option. One day of riding around in dusty Africa fixed the stickiness issue. The integral mounts are excellent and NECG has a receiver sight that fits in case of scope failure. Because I am not the 9mm pistol shot you are I find the Ruger with receiver sight a good alternative while wandering in Alaska bear country.
I am not an internet expert flinging internet flack but before I spend $1619 for an APHS rifle I would explore other alternatives. These might include reboring a Model 98 Husqvarna to 416, buying a Model 70 in 416 Remington or barreling any controlled feed action to 416 Ruger.
If you hunt Africa one draw back to a 416 Ruger versus a 416 Remington is ammunition availability. 416 Remington is a lot easier to find.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Ruger firearms, and their owners, seem to get a lot of flack from internet experts but since Ruger’s inception rural Alaskan hunters and guides who actually get out and use and often abuse their guns appreciate their rugged reliability.

I have thought about travelling about in a van cross country buying up paddle Mark II rugers and hauling up here where they bring a high premium. Rugers work.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
I think the price will be more in alignment with the current 300 Winchester and 338 Winchester in this configuration. As already stated the first order will be less expensive than those are selling for at other local large and small businesses.

I replace the stocks on M70 stainless Tupperware rifles. So the Ruger Hogue is no different. H-S Precision & Bell & Carlson stocks have replacements that fit these Rugers. I am not sure if McMillan still does for the Rugers. These rifles have grouped well with my Barnes hand loads, and the DoubleTap 270 grain TSX load. Very little difference in groups with Hogue and aftermarket bedded stocks. The Hogue is definitely suitable for purpose. I did not care the dimensions and replaced.

Where I moose hunt, 230 yards is about the limit of visibility between alder patches, from a side hill elevation. The Barnes 350 TTSX get me to 250 yards with 2000 FPS or more remaining. I am confident the 325 grain CEB Maximus will do the same or better. Most of my opportunities are well under that, and the 350 grain TSX has worked at substantially less than max velocity.

One of my favorite rifles is an older Alaskan with a McMillan stock. I spent over 30 days with it this year.
It might of seen 5 days of dry during that period and spent the nights in an unheated tent. Maintenance was an occasional drop of oil on the blued sights and sometimes a wipe down with a paper towel at night. I have another one of these rifles in H-S Precision stock without scope. Right at 8 pounds 1 ounce, it makes for a pretty handy walk-about rifle.

It took me a couple of years after the introduction of this cartridge to buy one. I have pretty much had a 416 Remington since Winchester made it in the M70. I still have 2 of them. One is a re-barreled 22" stainless. Nice rifle but the 20" Ruger is my preferred.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by kaboku68
I have thought about travelling about in a van cross country buying up paddle Mark II rugers and hauling up here where they bring a high premium. Rugers work.
Retirement plan, Thomas! 👍

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Big Thick

Hint.

Dumasses anyway, right? Probably find them using Partitions or something too....even getting their clients close instead of launching at 700 yards just because they can get glass on them....bunch of dumbasses anyway. Sheesh!

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
458Win Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Guilty as charged

Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master Guide,
FAA Master pilot

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Guilty as charged

🤣🤣🤣

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

593 members (257_X_50, 160user, 257Bob, 163bc, 2500HD, 10gaugemag, 53 invisible), 2,431 guests, and 1,199 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,786
Posts18,477,223
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.