Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
Online Shocked
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by EdM
Originally Posted by gunchamp
Originally Posted by cas6969
Everyone's dumping them. Your's might be the first positive review I've seen. lol
Exactly where are you getting that info from? Ive owned numerous 4500 elites and all have been very good scopes for the money. None have failed me yet and the glass has been great

I asked the same question above with no answer provided. Just another one...
Figured as much

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I took mine to the range Sunday and I'm impressed. I ended up with it on a Rem 788 222 Rem and the max at the range is 200yards . The glass and reticle allowed me to shoot sub MOA groups at 200. I really like thAt the turrets can be set to zero after getting it sighted. I can easily change settings for my fox and cat load and just return the settings back to zero for my full power coyote loads. I hopefully can get a.coyote.stand in this evening.

I like this scope so much I just might take the VX-3 1.5-5 off my 25-204 big game rifle and put the second Elite 1-4 on it. I bought a second one as it seems as soon as I like a scope they quit making it.

The 222 will be hunted in AZ, CO and NM for coyotes.

Last edited by erich; 11/07/23.

After the first shot the rest are just noise.

Make mine a Minaska

Heaven has walls and rules, H-ll has open borders
P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
Originally Posted by EdM
Everyone's dumping them. Your's might be the first positive review I've seen. lol
Exactly where are you getting that info from? Ive owned numerous 4500 elites and all have been very good scopes for the money. None have failed me yet and the glass has been great

Been around all series of Elites from B&L days through the current Elites from Bushnells. Luckily I guess I have yet to see a bad one.

Still using a B&L Elite 3000 4-12x.
I've got a Bausch & Lomb Elite 3000 and a Bushnell Elite 3200. Both 3-9x40. Mechanically they're both still sound. Both were decent scopes for the money in their day however optically they're both inferior to my VX-1's and II's, my Weaver classic V's and my Nikon Pro-Staffs. Frankly they're some of the worst scopes I have left on centerfire rifles in both light transmission and resolution, which is why they're on rifles I don't use much anymore.

I disagree strongly with your statement about the inferiority of the 3200 to VX-1's, II's, Weaver classic V's and Nikon Pro-Staffs. None of those are fully multi-coated and none of those particular lines are anywhere near the quality of a 3200 with argon. If the comparison was with a more modern VX2 or VX Freedom, Weaver Grand Slam, or Nikon Monarch? Possibly or likely. You are comparing the early 90's to the late 2000's. Owning all of the scopes mentioned here, I would say that the Elite 3200 is definitely bested by a VX3 or better, but an old VXI, VX-1, VXII, VX-2, VXIII, VX-3 don't compare. Not even close. Weaver classic V is like a bushnell banner. And pro-staffs are nikon's worst. The buckmaster is far better and sucks compared to an elite 3200.

Last edited by prose; 11/08/23.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by prose
Originally Posted by EdM

Been around all series of Elites from B&L days through the current Elites from Bushnells. Luckily I guess I have yet to see a bad one.

I've got a Bausch & Lomb Elite 3000 and a Bushnell Elite 3200. Both 3-9x40. Mechanically they're both still sound. Both were decent scopes for the money in their day however optically they're both inferior to my VX-1's and II's, my Weaver classic V's and my Nikon Pro-Staffs. Frankly they're some of the worst scopes I have left on centerfire rifles in both light transmission and resolution, which is why they're on rifles I don't use much anymore.

I disagree strongly with your statement about the inferiority of the 3200 to VX-1's, II's, Weaver classic V's and Nikon Pro-Staffs. None of those are fully multi-coated and none of those particular lines are anywhere near the quality of a 3200 with argon. If the comparison was with a more modern VX2 or VX Freedom, Weaver Grand Slam, or Nikon Monarch? Possibly or likely. You are comparing the early 90's to the late 2000's. Owning all of the scopes mentioned here, I would say that the Elite 3200 is definitely bested by a VX3 or better, but an old VXI, VX-1, VXII, VX-2, VXIII, VX-3 don't compare. Not even close. Weaver classic V is like a bushnell banner. And pro-staffs are nikon's worst. The buckmaster is far better and sucks compared to an elite 3200.
I don't give a shyt if you disagree or not. I just had all those scopes to the range for the umpteenth time the other day and I know what I see. My rifle with the Weaver V-9 was fired directly after my rifle with the 3200 and the difference in resolution was plain to see. I also live where there are coniferous woods right out my back door. I have taken all of those scopes/rifles out back multiple times and compared them side by side at o dark thirty and the 3000 and 3200 always come in dead last when it comes to low light visibility. In other words they're the first ones to become unusable as the light fades to darness time after time. Which is exactly why they no longer reside on my deer hunting rifles.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
If that had a one inch tube, I would jump on it.

Man and man's best friend still looking at the green side of sod.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
So, where are they made?

Oops, found it on the Bushnell site of all places, South Korea!

Last edited by Pappy348; 11/08/23.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by EdM

I don't give a shyt if you disagree or not. I just had all those scopes to the range for the umpteenth time the other day and I know what I see. My rifle with the Weaver V-9 was fired directly after my rifle with the 3200 and the difference in resolution was plain to see. I also live where there are coniferous woods right out my back door. I have taken all of those scopes/rifles out back multiple times and compared them side by side at o dark thirty and the 3000 and 3200 always come in dead last when it comes to low light visibility. In other words they're the first ones to become unusable as the light fades to darness time after time. Which is exactly why they no longer reside on my deer hunting rifles.
Exactly why I didn't disagree. Everyone's eyes see differently.

My bud cannot stand the Bushnell Elites and was a big fan of the various Pro Staff series of scopes. I could never get them clear to my eyes and always had that tunnel. Yes, good scopes but useless to me.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

Yup. I suspect that is responsible for a lot of “issues” people have with optics. Color perception varies. Some pupils are able (or not) to dilate more than others. And some, I think, either can’t or don’t know how to focus properly. Personally, newer scopes that have more threads on the ocular focus better for me, and some older ones just don’t.

Anyway, I’ve never had a bad Bushnell scope, from Banners through Elites of various levels, though the 3200 3-9 wasn’t a favorite. I’m rolling the dice on one of these using some Amazon points and figure it’ll work well on a .22 mag upper I have on the way. The 4” ER sold me. 120 moa ain’t bad either. Wish it was a 1-6…..

What fresh Hell is this?
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Pappy348

Yup. I suspect that is responsible for a lot of “issues” people have with optics. Color perception varies. Some pupils are able (or not) to dilate more than others. And some, I think, either can’t or don’t know how to focus properly. Personally, newer scopes that have more threads on the ocular focus better for me, and some older ones just don’t.

Anyway, I’ve never had a bad Bushnell scope, from Banners through Elites of various levels, though the 3200 3-9 wasn’t a favorite. I’m rolling the dice on one of these using some Amazon points and figure it’ll work well on a .22 mag upper I have on the way. The 4” ER sold me. 120 moa ain’t bad either. Wish it was a 1-6…..
I've had several Banners shyt the bed over the years. Those were all older ones made in Japan and Korea. I doubt the new chinkenese ones have improved them. I won't buy them anymore.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Nothing stays the same…..

What fresh Hell is this?
IC B3

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Pappy,

I think you will like the scope. No frills. I am still sorting where mine will land.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Weaver classic V is like a bushnell banner.

Uh ... NO.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Gringo Loco
Weaver classic V is like a bushnell banner.

Uh ... NO.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by EdM
Pappy,

I think you will like the scope. No frills. I am still sorting where mine will land.
Got mine headed this way.

Like you I am not 100% sure where it's going to be put into service but leaning towards my 6.8 SPC upper.

Last edited by 10gaugemag; 11/13/23.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Well, EdM was correct, I do like the scope. Put it on my .22 mag upper and it worked like a champ. Lots of latitude in the 4” eye relief. Only minor gripe is that the zero markers (not stops) seem a bit flimsy, but they are just markers and don’t really do anything.

$134.99 on Amazon right now. Ships from Midway who also has it for the same price and free shipping. I used some points to save a bit more.

What fresh Hell is this?
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I ordered two, today. For the cost, they should be good replacements for a couple of red dots I have on AR uppers.

Thoroughly enjoying Alaska since 2001.
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Thanks to the OP for bringing this to our attention. I just ordered one. Looking forward to getting it.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've got mine up and running.

First coyote with the Elite 4500 1-4, 1x at 28 paces about 25 yards, I'm short.
[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Last edited by erich; 12/07/23.

After the first shot the rest are just noise.

Make mine a Minaska

Heaven has walls and rules, H-ll has open borders
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Midway still has these on clearance, just ordered one myself. Hard to pass up for $125, I'll likely end up mounting on a 16" AR in 6.8 SPC.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Midway currently offers free shipping. I just ordered another one, $134 delivered.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

423 members (160user, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 163bc, 39 invisible), 2,072 guests, and 1,156 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,245
Posts18,486,132
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.