Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 14 15
A
Campfire Regular
Online Shocked
Campfire Regular
A
IDK do you farmer John ? You can't even find info that you think is so important, but you want other people to take you seriously ! You friggin JA !

IDK how anyone can take you serious... unless it just sounds good. yeah that's it.

Last edited by anothergun; 11/09/23.
HR IC

H
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
Fired brass looks great as far as concentricity, at least the 4 or 5 I tried. Ordered an RCBS neck die today.

HeavyBarrel

" A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government"
G. Washington
A
Campfire Regular
Online Shocked
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by HeavyBarrel
Fired brass looks great as far as concentricity, at least the 4 or 5 I tried. Ordered an RCBS neck die today.

HeavyBarrel

And the expander ball will throw it out, good luck with that !

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

HeavyBarrel

Yep, figured that.

Take a couple those 4 or 5 now fireformed brass and size them in your FL die without the expander stem and check what the runout is afterwards. Then put the stem back in and push the case up over it, check runout again.

I prefer peace. But if trouble must come, let it come in my time, so that my children may live in peace. ~~ Thomas Paine
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by anothergun
And others are talking about neck wall thickness too math major

They are, but as a source of the runout the OP is talking about.

IC B2

A
Campfire Regular
Online Shocked
Campfire Regular
A
My question is that I have 250 re-sized brass that I am sure most are going to be out of spec as far as being 3 thousands and under run-out. Is there a die that I can use to straighten them out?

And the source is inconsistent neck wall thickness that contributes to inconsistent case neck runout.... And for me a LCD solves most of that runout if not all, within .0005 to .001. AND that little bit left will not effect neck tension. TIR shows that. Do you own a LCD ?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Feral_American
Anybody have a giffy of a wheel stuck spinning in the mud?

Or a sinking ship?

How about a dumpster fire.

Is she yipping again? If she cant inform with facts she tries to baffle with bullshlt.

No fire or ship... How's this?

Sacred cows make good burgers when you know what temperature to cook them at.-Rev. Billy
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 358WCF
Originally Posted by Feral_American
Anybody have a giffy of a wheel stuck spinning in the mud?

Or a sinking ship?

How about a dumpster fire.

Is she yipping again? If she cant inform with facts she tries to baffle with bullshlt.

No fire or ship... How's this?

Yipping, and whining like an inbred Shih Tzu in heat......

PERFECT!!!!

I prefer peace. But if trouble must come, let it come in my time, so that my children may live in peace. ~~ Thomas Paine
A
Campfire Regular
Online Shocked
Campfire Regular
A
The homos of expertise !

No advice to give on the lee collet dies, never needed them.

The homo of expertise !

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
My question is that I have 250 re-sized brass that I am sure most are going to be out of spec as far as being 3 thousands and under run-out. Is there a die that I can use to straighten them out?

And the source is inconsistent neck wall thickness that contributes to inconsistent case neck runout.... And for me a LCD solves most of that runout if not all, within .0005 to .001. AND that little bit left will not effect neck tension. TIR shows that. Do you own a LCD ?

Here's what he said:

Posted a while back about my new project but I will mention again for those that did not see my last post.

Recently got a like new 257 Weatherby Mag Vangaurd in 257WM. Unable to source brass at a reasonable price I decided to make it out of once fired 264 Win Mag brass. Seemed an easy step as I annealed and ran the 264 through the 257 RCBS resizing die and brass looked great. I had some marginal success with a full charge of H4831 and 80gr Barnes ttsx's but was getting flyers in my groups. I suspected that it might have something to do with concentricity so I barrowed a gauge and checked the 20 rounds I had loaded. Seems the best neck was right at 3 thousands out and worst was 10 to 12.

I will admit to being a little lazy on resizing and I am sure that has cost me as I did not lube inside of neck on every brass. I did on some and I always spray 1 shot towards inside of necks when I lube.

Thanks

HeavyBarrel

Are you trying to tell us the neck walls of his brass are so bad that they produce 10 to 12 thousandths runout?

IC B3

A
Campfire Regular
Online Shocked
Campfire Regular
A
What l am saying is what ever it is can and will be controlled well by a LCD well below .003 Comprenda?

Buy a die and find out for yourself. But l guess they’re beneath ya.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Running his brass through a Lee collet die won't cure the way they're presently bent.

A
Campfire Regular
Online Shocked
Campfire Regular
A
You assume they don’t….and you’re making yourself look like an ass. Again mathman.. do you own a Lee collet die?

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Very nice not seeing the drivel unless someone quotes her.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
A
Campfire Regular
Online Shocked
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
Very nice not seeing the drivel unless someone quotes her.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Another nit wit who thinks he’s above it all… oh what a great click we have here, my my.. narcissism at it’s best.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
You assume they don’t….and you’re making yourself look like an ass. Again mathman.. do you own a Lee collet die?

I sure do. Read the note in the pic.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by mathman

I sure do. Read the note in the pic.

[Linked Image]
Do not hold your breath Mathman.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
A
Campfire Regular
Online Shocked
Campfire Regular
A
I know the results l get, and to honest l could care less what you don’t get. Bitch, ain’t that rich. What’s the difference if l show you my dies. You still don’t agree that it takes care of runout, REGARDLESS, if it wall thickness. Do you anneal before you use the die ? Probably not.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
I know the results l get, and to honest l could care less what you don’t get. Bitch, ain’t that rich. What’s the difference if l show you my dies. You still don’t agree that it takes care of runout, REGARDLESS, if it wall thickness. Do you anneal before you use the die ? Probably not.

I say it avoids runout being introduced in the sizing operation on fired brass that comes out of a chamber pretty straight. I've used them for many years.

If you could show a pic of yours, with an irrefutable personalized note to solidify their provenance, it would at least show you have one even if you really don't understand it.

A
Campfire Regular
Online Shocked
Campfire Regular
A
I don’t understand…. Hmmm. That’s a good one. Any body can use a concentricity tool to indicate a neck, W…. T….. H….. does someone have to understand to know how to read a dial indicator?? LMFAO. You guys are really to much, you really are. Get a LIFE!

If anybody doesn’t understand how a collet sizes more evenly and consistently maybe, just maybe you aren’t as smart as you lead people to believe you are. It’s a very simple concept with a very simple design. AND to top it off, you have nothing better to do than over complicate things. Y’all come back now ya hear !!!

Page 3 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 14 15

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

656 members (10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 1Longbow, 219 Wasp, 1beaver_shooter, 1badf350, 56 invisible), 2,564 guests, and 1,269 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,635
Posts18,512,118
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.