Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Stopped by the barber shop and found this
Examining Our Heritage
on the shelf.
Interesting book, lays out the fact that the US was, and rightly is, a Christian Nation.
I wanted my own copy, found it locally, got invited to church, and Christ took the wheel.
The author of the book is the Pastor there.
The church is a 15 minute drive, and they’re doing a study of Revelations Thursday evening.
You guys who know me know that Carol and I became part of the Nazerene Church in the early 90s. We were part of that church for close to 20 years. The two of us taught Jr High Sunday School, and took part anywhere we could help.
I got dunked there in’92 and if the door was open, we were there.
When she decided to leave me, I hit a pretty dark place to about a year and a half.
I never doubted my salvation, but I didn’t care much if the sun came up or not.
No one from that church ever called to check on me, nobody said boo, so I hung it up.
To be continued…
Reon

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

GB1

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Good fortune and may God bless you mightily.

Praying for one here who is about 60 whose wife just left and he doesn't want to see the Light of day tomorrow. Unfortunately he doesn't have the faith you have, I reckon.

Last edited by jaguartx; 11/12/23.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
"When dey babtizes ya in one a dem Southern Babbleist churches, is dey supposed to hold ya down until ya quits makin' bubbles?" Askin' for a friend!

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
To become a member, I had to get dunked again!
I’ve been praying for some help reaching Ben and my DIL. Neither of them believes that Christ is the only path to redemption.
As for myself, there’s never been a doubt in my military mind where I’m headed, but I want to be a better Christian, and a better tool for reaching those around me who don’t have the faith.
I honestly believe that I was lead here in response to that prayer.
Reon

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Good luck with that.

IC B2

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Good job.

W
WMR Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
A second baptism doesn’t doubt too Biblical, but churches can be funny sometimes. Anyway, it sounds like you’re in a good place readying yourself for a great place someday. Finish strong. Best wishes.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Good fortune and may God bless you mightily.

Praying for one here who is about 60 whose wife just left and he doesn't want to see the Light of day tomorrow. Unfortunately he doesn't have the faith you have, I reckon.

Life can sure land some body blows for sure, but when you encounter the truly unfortunate, like a special-needs kid in a wheelchair and their parents who support them, it does put one’s own problems into perspective.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
To be lost is a manner of weakness...

To be mightily confused for a year or two (or 10) is the nature of all men.

Good luck Sir...

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by WMR
A second baptism doesn’t doubt too Biblical, but churches can be funny sometimes. Anyway, it sounds like you’re in a good place readying yourself for a great place someday. Finish strong. Best wishes.

If you meant to say second baptism doesn’t sound too Biblical? Try reading about John the Baptist disciples, after John was beheaded. When they met Peter and joined Jesus disciples they were re-baptized.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Reon, what year was it that Carol left, so I can understand the timeline? Sorry to ask, I know it has to hurt.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Just remember, the people in the Church are flawed, but the Gospel isn't. That's what it's all about.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Does Christ have to Re-crucified everytime?

There should only be 1 baptism.

Any new members we receive are welcomed by letter of record and witness of previous baptism.

Hebrews 6:6-8
King James Version
6 If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

Seems stupid and smacks of lack of security of the believer in that congregation

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by slumlord
Does Christ have to Re-crucified everytime?

There should only be 1 baptism.

Any new members we receive are welcomed by letter of record and witness of previous baptism.

Hebrews 6:6-8
King James Version
6 If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

Seems stupid and smacks of lack of security of the believer in that congregation
Even Catlicks? I gots a paper, says I was dipped but I don't remember it.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
I'd rather see people act like Christians than tell me how good a Christian they are. A lot of people on here are good examples. Jags a perfect example of the talk. And talk is cheap.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 7mmbuster
To become a member, I had to get dunked again! ...

Reon

How much does the preacher charge you for a second dunkin'? Does he offer a deal, perhaps two dunkins for the price of one?? cool

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by pyscodog
I'd rather see people act like Christians than tell me how good a Christian they are. A lot of people on here are good examples. Jags a perfect example of the talk. And talk is cheap.

Always be wary of people that always try to convince you how good, honest, or religious they are. The true Christians I know don't need to advertise, their lives tell the tale.

Last edited by reivertom; 11/13/23.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

81 members (7mm_Loco, 257robertsimp, AdventureBound, Akhutr, 13 invisible), 1,646 guests, and 876 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,324
Posts18,526,456
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.