Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Seafire
I've been in several situations with the same scenario...

My game plan was the same each time.. Well its all yours and I just walk away.

is a deer worth provoking a situation such as this and having this outcome?

NOT in my BOOK it ain't...

John, you and I are certainly on the same page here.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
GB1

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by shootbrownelk
Originally Posted by JamesJr
Three people were shot Sunday afternoon in Todd County Kentucky in a dispute over who had permission to hunt a certain property. I was waiting to post a link to the story, but the cops are still investigating. Apparently, the property had been sold and the hunter who had permission was trying to get the three hunters to leave, a teenager, his father, and grandfather. The three didn't want to leave, and jumped on the one guy and started hitting on him, and he in turn shot the three. I knew those involved, and the teen is still in a Nashville hospital, with his father and grandfather treated and released. The shooter was also taken to a hospital and treated and released. Details are still sketchy, but I was told that the shooter purposely shot the three family members to wound, rather than to kill.

This happened fairly close to where I live, and I saw the grandfather in town today with his foot all bandaged up. My thinking is that it was a pretty stupid thing to do to provoke an argument over who had permission to hunt, to the point where it ended up with people shot. Somebody should have their azz kicked over this.
Good thing the shooter didn't have a 6.5 Creedmoreandmore. Even a superficial wound is deadly.

I was withholding judgement until I learned what weapons were involved. A 6.5 Creedmore owner would be guilty automatically. 😂

Leave the gun, take the canolis.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Ringman

So if someone was hunting on your property without permission, you’d just allow it? What if he stole your truck? Drank your beer? Banged your wife?

Where would you draw the line?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Nope Not even a 400 class Herd Bull elk is worth it, but on the way out if you find their truck, then you can have your way with it cool

Last edited by KillerBee; 11/14/23.

KB

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by steve4102
Originally Posted by CashisKing
All bull chit aside She-Steve...

Have you EVER posted anything of content?

Not just some parroted diatribe you skimmed in Breitbart?

Ya mean like this,

Originally Posted by CashisKing

Is reading and retaining that difficult for you?

I know you are a product of inbreeding, but come on man, even a toothless inbred like yourself isn’t that dumb.

She-Steve...

Inflation is over... you should be celebrating... instead of whining and editing every single post you make.

You now have a 0.00001% of not being a brokedick forever.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by gregintenn

So if someone was hunting on your property without permission, you’d just allow it? What if he stole your truck? Drank your beer? Banged your wife?

He’s ain’t gettin’ my truck or my beer without a fight!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Who’s property?

Last edited by JohnnyLoco; 11/14/23.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
LMAO ! Be better than the 48 hours you’ll spend on the Campfire being a drunken LOSER. 😂😂😂

Prove it.

LOL

No need. You prove it yourself. Every Day. 😂😂😂

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by KillerBee
Nope Not even a 400 class Herd Bull elk is worth it, but on the way out if you find their truck, then you can have your way with it cool

This admission perfectly sums up what a chickenshit loser you are.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by Hastings
Originally Posted by 160user
Originally Posted by 7mm_Loco
reminds me of the Massacre here in Wi 20 yrs ago, 6 killed, 2 or 3 wounded after confronting some Ho Chi Minh hunting/trespassing on their land & stand... stood there wide eyed in disbelief as they were being mowed down... if you're gonna' confront someone who's armed, be respectful, and be ready to shoot if need be... and another reason i like 5 or more rounds in the magazine... fugg them short fat cotridges...

Chi Vang was the guys name I believe. If memory serves me correct, he took the time to remove the scope from his SKS before he shot them all. They should have just found a rope and a tall tree.
I remember the story well. It happened on a Sunday afternoon. That is the worst day of the week for alcohol related disputes. A hunter found the Hmong in a stand on private property and called in reinforcements that showed up and there apparently began some cursing and threatening toward the Hmong by a large group of mid-westerners intent on convincing Vang of the error of his ways. As he was leaving on foot one of landowner group shot in the ground behind him to add emphasis to their order to leave. Vang turned around and started shooting, probably with an SKS or an AK. He certainly was wrong to trespass which from my time with the Federal agents in Michigan I learned that is what Hmong do and they kill everything they see.

But firing a round toward an armed man especially a battle hardened man is a really bad idea. If I remember correctly one of the men he shot was running toward an ATV upon which there was a rifle.

I would suspect alcohol fueled a lot of this and I'm not talking about Vang.

I don't recall reading the story that way, but then again it may have been reported differently years ago. As I recall, the daughter found Chang in the deer stand and retrieved her father to help her remove him. Chang killed them both and then a manhunt ensued by family members.

Frog---OUT!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R

There are ways to handle things without acting like a hot-headed [bleep] and either shooting someone or getting shot.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

No way in hell I am letting them steal my truck or drink my beer.

#KSMITH

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Several years ago a young man that had worked for me occasionally driving a tractor moved to Arkansas and got into some sort of property dispute. He fired a warning shot at his neighbor and his neighbor shot him graveyard dead. No charges filed. Playing with guns while in a dispute is not a good idea unless maybe it's a carjacker or burglar and in that case it is best to try to hit your target.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by frogman43
Originally Posted by Hastings
Originally Posted by 160user
Originally Posted by 7mm_Loco
reminds me of the Massacre here in Wi 20 yrs ago, 6 killed, 2 or 3 wounded after confronting some Ho Chi Minh hunting/trespassing on their land & stand... stood there wide eyed in disbelief as they were being mowed down... if you're gonna' confront someone who's armed, be respectful, and be ready to shoot if need be... and another reason i like 5 or more rounds in the magazine... fugg them short fat cotridges...

Chi Vang was the guys name I believe. If memory serves me correct, he took the time to remove the scope from his SKS before he shot them all. They should have just found a rope and a tall tree.
I remember the story well. It happened on a Sunday afternoon. That is the worst day of the week for alcohol related disputes. A hunter found the Hmong in a stand on private property and called in reinforcements that showed up and there apparently began some cursing and threatening toward the Hmong by a large group of mid-westerners intent on convincing Vang of the error of his ways. As he was leaving on foot one of landowner group shot in the ground behind him to add emphasis to their order to leave. Vang turned around and started shooting, probably with an SKS or an AK. He certainly was wrong to trespass which from my time with the Federal agents in Michigan I learned that is what Hmong do and they kill everything they see.

But firing a round toward an armed man especially a battle hardened man is a really bad idea. If I remember correctly one of the men he shot was running toward an ATV upon which there was a rifle.

I would suspect alcohol fueled a lot of this and I'm not talking about Vang.

I don't recall reading the story that way, but then again it may have been reported differently years ago. As I recall, the daughter found Chang in the deer stand and retrieved her father to help her remove him. Chang killed them both and then a manhunt ensued by family members.

Frog---OUT!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chai_Vang

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
wikipedia doesn't know s h i t !

Always a poor source !

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by cisco1

Always a poor source !
In any case the news reports and the trial testimony do not support frogman 43's recollection of events. Vang was trespassing that is certain, He was accosted by a group of 8 armed hunters. He offered to leave. While walking away he turned around for some reason and began firing very accurate shots at the white folks that had demanded he leave. He certainly went into overkill which is what got him convicted. Some of the landowner representatives were shot in the back, possibly Mr. Vang thought they were going for firearms on the ATV.

The best thing to do is to tell someone to leave and if they do, go get a warrant for trespass if you can figure out who they are. Nowadays there are so many cameras out and almost everybody carries a phone with a camera. It would be hard for a trespasser to deny he was on the property. Firing a warning shot at an armed man is foolish to the nth degree.

I am still betting that there was alcohol involved considering it was the northern mid-west and Sunday afternoon.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
You are about as accurate as wiki.

Enough about this from me.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Always a poor source !

The write-up leaned heavily on statements from the survivors and the shooter. Did they misquote the survivors? Was the article wrong about 4 of the victims being shot in the back? Was it wrong about the total number of people shot? Was it wrong about the background of the shooter? Was it wrong about the location? Was it wrong about the kind of rifle he used?

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
You are about as accurate as wiki.

Enough about this from me.

He was a game warden. He’s used to making shît up lol

MAGA
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JamesJr
Three people were shot Sunday afternoon in Todd County Kentucky in a dispute over who had permission to hunt a certain property. I was waiting to post a link to the story, but the cops are still investigating. Apparently, the property had been sold and the hunter who had permission was trying to get the three hunters to leave, a teenager, his father, and grandfather. The three didn't want to leave, and jumped on the one guy and started hitting on him, and he in turn shot the three. I knew those involved, and the teen is still in a Nashville hospital, with his father and grandfather treated and released. The shooter was also taken to a hospital and treated and released. Details are still sketchy, but I was told that the shooter purposely shot the three family members to wound, rather than to kill.

This happened fairly close to where I live, and I saw the grandfather in town today with his foot all bandaged up. My thinking is that it was a pretty stupid thing to do to provoke an argument over who had permission to hunt, to the point where it ended up with people shot. Somebody should have their azz kicked over this.

Souds like they have worked it out.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

416 members (30incher, 1_deuce, 17CalFan, 280ACKIMP, 257_X_50, 270cowboy, 50 invisible), 2,683 guests, and 1,397 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,753
Posts18,476,304
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.