Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
R
rufous Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
We were hoping to buy a for sale by owner home that has an assumable FHA mortgage but the sellers told us today that they have decided to list their home with a realtor. They think they can get more for their place by using a realtor and they think the entire process will be quicker if they do not allow their mortgage to be assumed.

My question is can they refuse to allow a buyer to assume their mortgage?

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by rufous
We were hoping to buy a for sale by owner home that has an assumable FHA mortgage but the sellers told us today that they have decided to list their home with a realtor. They think they can get more for their place by using a realtor and they think the entire process will be quicker if they do not allow their mortgage to be assumed.

Short answer: Yes.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Sure they can. It’s a free market as it should be.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Are you really this fugking stupid?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Will it be quicker, absolutely

Can they refuse, absolutely

Swifty
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by jackmountain

Not everyone is a real estate expert. It's a legitimate question. The reply just shows who the stupid one is.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck

Not everyone is a real estate expert. It's a legitimate question. The reply just shows who the stupid one is.

Not really.

It takes time and some work to learn how to do it with no problems. Most people don't want to invest the time or the work. Hence, the question. Lots of people want somebody who has spent the time and effort to know how to do it to pour their brain out on a table for free.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Banks and lending institutions loan money to people to buy a house. The house is collateral that the payments are made. Hence the vetting procedure to borrow the money. They don't make money when you default. Assumable part is pretty.much bullchit. If the bank don"t think you can make the payments because of your current debt load they don't loan the money . You either pay cash.or deal with a mortgage period.

Last edited by Magnum_Bob; 11/16/23.

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by local_dirt

Not really.

It takes time and some work to learn how to do it with no problems. Most people don't want to invest the time or the work. Hence, the question. Lots of people want somebody who has spent the time and effort to know how to do it to pour their brain out on a table for free.
So why didn't you say that? You just stupidly threw out a gross insult with no explanation. Most guys will accept your explanation but a flat out insult is unneeded and takes away from the Fire.

― George Orwell

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Because it was a stupid fugking question?

IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
You have to ask whether someone has the choice to sell you something or not?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Thank you for making my case so nicely. You are incapable of any kind of reasonable answer so you just throw out insults. That's the attitude that's turning the Fire into a cesspool.

― George Orwell

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Thank you for making my case so nicely. You are incapable of any kind of reasonable answer so you just throw out insults. That's the attitude that's turning the Fire into a cesspool.

So you think it’s reasonable for someone to ask whether someone can refuse to sell you their home because they feel they can make more by selling it to someone else?
I don’t.

Last edited by jackmountain; 11/16/23.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J

Not really.

So why didn't you say that? You just stupidly threw out a gross insult with no explanation. Most guys will accept your explanation but a flat out insult is unneeded and takes away from the Fire.

I must have missed where he made a gross insult.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Just goes to prove this is no place to ask for any advice or ask a serious question.

Medics bury their mistakes..
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

Not really.

I gave him an answer. Maybe you didn't/couldn't read it.

jackmountain also gave him an answer.

Maybe you should read it, also.

You are the only one throwing insults, genius.

Last edited by local_dirt; 11/16/23.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Do you have a signed purchase agreement?

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Simplepeddler
Do you have a signed purchase agreement?

Good point.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Yes they can, and I would too. The FHA loans process is a pain in the ass, and much slower than Fannie Mae.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

Offer him more money if you didn’t sign a contract

Pretty simple solution

Last edited by ribka; 11/16/23.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

513 members (16penny, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 16gage, 10ring1, 12344mag, 51 invisible), 2,847 guests, and 1,180 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,755
Posts18,514,806
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.