Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
SupFoo Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
.....as well as rockets that had two warheads — one to penetrate walls, and the other a hyperbaric warhead designed to incinerate rooms.

These were used to kill Israelis in their homes.

IDF Reveals Arsenal of Weapons Used to Kill Civilians

Built in Gaza. With the "humanitarian aid" $$$ we sent?

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I realize you are merely parroting the article, but what is a hyperbaric warhead?

I think you mean thermobaric.

C
ccd Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
No they were built in Iran with the money: Obama gave them, the profits from the IRGCs role in the international drug trade, the billions they scammed from the US govt from the COVId "benefits" free for all, and the tens of billions they have scammed from Medicare and Medicaid over the last 30 years.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
First of of all those are precursor dual shaped charge warheads, so no. Secondly it’s thermobaric. Thirdly war has destructive weapons and real bullets so who gaf. What’s your point? War is terrible but will exist.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
I realize you are merely parroting the article, but what is a hyperbaric warhead?

Simple poor reporting. The article says hyper, but the label in the pic says thermo.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Is that like an iron lung missile? 🤓

C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Bet these would be dandy for a BBQ...

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by SupFoo
.....as well as rockets that had two warheads — one to penetrate walls, and the other a hyperbaric warhead designed to incinerate rooms.

These were used to kill Israelis in their homes.

IDF Reveals Arsenal of Weapons Used to Kill Civilians

Built in Gaza. With the "humanitarian aid" $$$ we sent?

I read ☠️ exchange rate is about 56:1 war going well, yes?

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Same technology as a “bunker buster”?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Not quite. A "bunker buster" uses a hardened shell and normal explosives with a delay fuze. The hardened shell allows the bomb to penetrate a calculated distance before the delay fuze sets off the explosives. Think "armor piercing bomb". (That's a simplified explanation.)

A thermobaric warhead is a descendant or derivative of fuel/air bombs like the ones we tested in 'Nam half a century ago. Back then, they were little more than propane tanks with delay fuzes that upon impact spewed propane into the air and after a few seconds, the fuzes ignited, causing a massive detonation - but no fragments. Today's thermobaric warheads are much more sophisticated as to the dispersed compound and fuzing.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by AKwolverine

No, he meant hyperbolic.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Words matter. Hyperbolic refers to a geometric curve. Hypergolic refers to self-igniting chemical combinations (Such as used in the old Titan rockets, which burned Hydrazine and Nitrogen tetroxide.) Hyperbaric is a medical treatment in which a patient is treated with oxygen at increased pressures.

You cannot just toss words around that just kinda sorta sound alike.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
Words matter. Hyperbolic refers to a geometric curve. Hypergolic refers to self-igniting chemical combinations (Such as used in the old Titan rockets, which burned Hydrazine and Nitrogen tetroxide.) Hyperbaric is a medical treatment in which a patient is treated with oxygen at increased pressures.

You cannot just toss words around that just kinda sorta sound alike.

LOL, hyperbolic has more than one meaning professor.

Look it up.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I saw them mentioned online a few days ago. They're anti tank rounds that are designed to be fired out a pre-existing RPG platform and will defeat heavy armor. Obviously, I can't say for sure. But my guess is that they contain a charge that propels a tungsten penetrator on impact.

That technology has been around for a while except first world militaries use depleted uranium penetrators and they fire them from tanks and anti tank guns.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Bristoe
I saw them mentioned online a few days ago. They're anti tank rounds that are designed to be fired out a pre-existing RPG platform and will defeat heavy armor. Obviously, I can't say for sure. But my guess is that they contain a charge that propels a tungsten penetrator on impact.

That technology has been around for a while except first world militaries use depleted uranium penetrators and they fire them from tanks and anti tank guns.

There's no such thing as a hyperbaric bomb or warhead. And hyperthermic bombs are not armor piercing.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by Bristoe

There's no such thing as a hyperbaric bomb. And hyperthermic bombs are not armor piercing.

I didn't say anything about a hyperbaric bomb. I know what a thermobaric bomb is. The Russians have been using them in Ukraine.

They create a shock wave that kills everything in a designated radius.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
OK then. What are you referring to when you say you saw "them" mentioned online?

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
A thermobaric shock wave is so intense that it bends light and is visible.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
has this, as do so many other threads, descended into Hyperbole ?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ccd
No they were built in Iran with the money: Obama gave them, the profits from the IRGCs role in the international drug trade, the billions they scammed from the US govt from the COVId "benefits" free for all, and the tens of billions they have scammed from Medicare and Medicaid over the last 30 years.

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

239 members (160user, 257 roberts, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 2UP, 30 invisible), 1,662 guests, and 1,122 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,750
Posts18,495,280
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.