Hop To
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
mccain is an example of a failed democratic system. The fact that arizona kept electing that A hole all those times. He was petty and his own anger and butt hurt feelings impact how he voted. The guy stayed in the senate for the very end and should have resigned long before his death.

Same as Romney.

Would you say the same thing about mittens if the Utards send him to DC again?

Hey he is apart of the brotherhood....

W
WAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
McStain and Mittens are cut from the same cloth…. Both asswipes

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 45_100
McCain was responsible for one or more incidents aboard ship involving aircraft.

No he wasn't..

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
Originally Posted by Bwana_1
Plane crashed, 2 broken legs and other injuries....not a hero.

Agreed. Bad pilot. DADDY saved his bacon so he could be a sub-par pilot and cost the taxpayers one Navy jet over Viet Nam, excluding his previous aircraft 'incidents'.

Remind me of his active aviation exploits such as the recently deceased Astronaut Frank Borman.

While we all share a mutual disdain for McCain as a politician, unfounded and just ignorant posts like this one (and others), destroy your credibility.
1. He didn't crash, he was shot down on a dive bombing run in the most heavily defended AAA area in history. He didn't break his legs, it was his shoulder after a high speed ejection
2. NOBODY and I mean NOBODY back then got single seat selection without having the requisite grades to qualify.
3. He was a Silver Star recipient
4. He had NOTHING to do with the fire on the Oriskavy OR the Forrestal

Other than that, he was a scumbag politician, corrupt and a betrayer of our nation's principles.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
M
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
M
McCain did lose two Navy aircraft while piloting them. One crash was found to be McCain’s fault, the other due to an engine failure of undetermined cause. A third was destroyed on the deck of the carrier USS Forrestal when a missile fired accidentally from another plane hit either the plane next to McCain’s or, less likely, his own aircraft, triggering a disastrous fire that killed 134 sailors and nearly killed McCain. A fourth plane was lost when he was shot down over North Vietnam on a bombing mission over Hanoi.

A fifth alleged “crash” turns out to be a misinterpretation of a flight accident that did not result in the loss of the aircraft. McCain admitted to causing that incident through “daredevil clowning” but returned safely.

https://www.factcheck.org/2008/09/mccains-plane-crashes/

IC B2

M
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by jorgeI

Agreed. Bad pilot. DADDY saved his bacon so he could be a sub-par pilot and cost the taxpayers one Navy jet over Viet Nam, excluding his previous aircraft 'incidents'.

Remind me of his active aviation exploits such as the recently deceased Astronaut Frank Borman.

While we all share a mutual disdain for McCain as a politician, unfounded and just ignorant posts like this one (and others), destroy your credibility.
1. He didn't crash, he was shot down on a dive bombing run in the most heavily defended AAA area in history. He didn't break his legs, it was his shoulder after a high speed ejection
2. NOBODY and I mean NOBODY back then got single seat selection without having the requisite grades to qualify.

Other than that, he was a scumbag politician, corrupt and a betrayer of our nation's principles.

I would bet that without his daddy being in such a high position to protect him he would have been relieved of flying duties due to his plane crashes. He was kinda like George Armstrong Custer - in over his head...

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Marley7x57

I would bet that without his daddy being in such a high position to protect him he would have been relieved of flying duties due to his plane crashes. He was kinda like George Armstrong Custer - in over his head...

And now Custer? double your ignorance. BTW, what is your experience with Naval Aviation to make those assertions?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
McCain did lose two Navy aircraft while piloting them. One crash was found to be McCain’s fault, the other due to an engine failure of undetermined cause. A third was destroyed on the deck of the carrier USS Forrestal when a missile fired accidentally from another plane hit either the plane next to McCain’s or, less likely, his own aircraft, triggering a disastrous fire that killed 134 sailors and nearly killed McCain. A fourth plane was lost when he was shot down over North Vietnam on a bombing mission over Hanoi.

A fifth alleged “crash” turns out to be a misinterpretation of a flight accident that did not result in the loss of the aircraft. McCain admitted to causing that incident through “daredevil clowning” but returned safely.

https://www.factcheck.org/2008/09/mccains-plane-crashes/
So McCain earned a "reverse ace" award. 5 planes

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
He was a rino fug and more often than not voted demotard all you gotta know a scumbag.

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I had the chance to be in a small setting with Charlie Plumb who was a POW with McCain.

In a nutshell, he had respect for what McCain did while a POW. McCain created ways for the POW's to communicate and keep hope. McCain also took torture so that other soldiers did not have to suffer.

However, he was not a fan of his politics.

McCain always seemed to use his time as POW to wield some type of "free pass" to side with the liberals in how he thought.
He had a huge ego, and when Trump came on board, they basically measured each other's penis adnoauseum.

He is the reason Obama Care was pushed over the finish line, all in spite in my opinion.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Houston_2
I voted for him in the presidential election.

The other choice was the magic knee grow. Republicans knew McCain was marginally electable at best, but it was his turn and they chose Sarah Palin to bolster his chances. They figured a Muslim born in Kenya had zero chance of being elected seven years after 9/11. See what I did there.

The democraps used this election to further hone their election tampering techniques and they got the black Jesus in the White House.

In spite of all his screw ups and transgressions against the American people, McCain’s legacy will surely be his butt hurt vote to keep Obamacare in place.

M
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
M

And now Custer? double your ignorance. BTW, what is your experience with Naval Aviation to make those assertions?

Hmm, perhaps history. Custer was bottom of his class (34 of 34) and McCain was 5th from the bottom (894 of 899). Can you imagine that - 894th of 899. Damn sure helped that your daddy was a Navy Admiral. Unless you have proof othewise.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

You are so correct jorge. I can't believe the diatribe I have just read. I don't care for his politics but he was a Naval Aviator who was shot down over North Vietnam and was a POW for several years. That in itself would tend to screw up your thinking. I admire the man but not the politician. The next thing ya'll will be accusing him of is that he and Oswald shot President Kennedy. Unreal.

Jim

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Hmm, perhaps history. Custer was bottom of his class (34 of 34) and McCain was 5th from the bottom (894 of 899). Can you imagine that - 894th of 899. Damn sure helped that your daddy was a Navy Admiral. Unless you have proof othewise.

The proof is that Custer performed outstandingly, especially during the Civil War and as far as McCain, his "daddy" had nothing to do with his selection, NOTHING, nor his receiving a Silver Star or any of his other awards. The burden of proof is on YOU, Ace and again I ask, what is your expertise regarding Naval Aviation or for that matter the Navy in general?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Just like JFK, McCain milked his dismal military career into politics. While JFK got our country though some dark times, McCain worked tirelessly to empower the progressives and globalists to make our country weaker.

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by STRSWilson
Just like JFK, McCain milked his dismal military career into politics. While JFK got our country though some dark times, McCain worked tirelessly to empower the progressives and globalists to make our country weaker.

Dismal? he retired as an 0-6, then there's this:

THE SECRETARY OF THE NAVY

WASHINGTON D. C. 20350

The President of the United States takes pleasure in presenting the SILVER STAR MEDAL to

COMMANDER JOHN S. MC CAIN III
UNITED STATES NAVY

for service as set forth in the following

CITATION:

For conspicuous gallantry and intrepidity while interned as a Prisoner of War in North Vietnam from 27 October to 8 December 1967. His captors, completely ignoring international agreements, subjected him to extreme mental and physical cruelties in an attempt to obtain military information and false confessions for propaganda purposes. Through his resistance to those brutalities, he contributed significantly toward the eventual abandonment of harsh treatment by the North Vietnamese, which was attracting international attention. By his determination, courage, resourcefulness, and devotion to duty, he reflected great credit upon himself and upheld the highest traditions of Naval Service and the United States Armed Forces.

For the President,
J. William Middendorf
Secretary of the Navy
Signed at Naval Air Station, Cubi Point,
Republic of the Philippines

Silver Star Medal

US Navy Release of documents

I despised Senator McCain, but at least I don't let my disdain for him cloud what he accomplished and "dismal" is bullshit

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Good to have daddy looking out for him.

Again, he and JFK had a lot in common...

Last edited by STRSWilson; 11/20/23.

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J

Dismal? he retired as an 0-6, then there's this:

THE SECRETARY OF THE NAVY

WASHINGTON D. C. 20350

The President of the United States takes pleasure in presenting the SILVER STAR MEDAL to

COMMANDER JOHN S. MC CAIN III
UNITED STATES NAVY

for service as set forth in the following

CITATION:

For conspicuous gallantry and intrepidity while interned as a Prisoner of War in North Vietnam from 27 October to 8 December 1967. His captors, completely ignoring international agreements, subjected him to extreme mental and physical cruelties in an attempt to obtain military information and false confessions for propaganda purposes. Through his resistance to those brutalities, he contributed significantly toward the eventual abandonment of harsh treatment by the North Vietnamese, which was attracting international attention. By his determination, courage, resourcefulness, and devotion to duty, he reflected great credit upon himself and upheld the highest traditions of Naval Service and the United States Armed Forces.

For the President,
J. William Middendorf
Secretary of the Navy
Signed at Naval Air Station, Cubi Point,
Republic of the Philippines

Silver Star Medal

US Navy Release of documents

I despised Senator McCain, but at least I don't let my disdain for him cloud what he accomplished and "dismal" is bullshit

Well...STRSdumbass would have been an O7.

Well...if he wasn't going to leave the country because his clam is sandy.

I am MAGA.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Good to have daddy looking out for him.

Again, he and JFK had a lot in common...

You are so fullofshit, quit embarrasing yourself...

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
You guys are vishuss. I know I spelled it wrong (vicious) but you get the idea.

McCain typified everything that's wrong with the criminal elite in this country. Made the grade on daddies coattails....made maximum use of his POW stint to bamboozle everybody. Was the maximum Neocon Rino....His Sumo lookalike daughter is cut from the same mold!

But the sheep never learn.

MAGA!

"an armed society is a polite society"
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

630 members (10gaugeman, 1234, 163bc, 01Foreman400, 007FJ, 12344mag, 67 invisible), 2,442 guests, and 1,270 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,422
Posts18,507,459
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.