Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
MAC Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Originally Posted by ribka
Originally Posted by MAC
Most of the people that have actually been in the USN know that McCain was little more than a spoiled frat boy who only got to where he was in the USN and then the senate by riding on the coattails of his father and grandfather, both of whom were 4 star admirals. If he hadn't had several 4 stars in his family he would have been kicked out of both the Naval Academy and flight school. He was directly responsible for crashing numerous planes and even when he was shot down he was operating in an area and in a manner that was against the orders of the mission.

Bottom line he was a clown and a fool.

obvious thanks for reposting. pilots are like doctors and will defend incompetent, dangerous co workers idiots who should have never gotten the job

Another moron(s) making gross generalizations to prove a point they have NO CLUE as to WTF they are writing about.

BS and I dont give a damn if you were a navy pilot. I served with Capt. Jack Cassidy who was in the same squadron as McCain in Vietnam when he was shot down. Jack Cassidy wore 2 Navy Crosses and was the navigator on the USS Abraham Lincoln when he was my dept head. He went on to Command the USS Bon Homme Richard and I know for damn sure what he thought of the Baby McCain!

Dont you dare try to call this Chief Petty Officer a moron!

You get out of life what you are willing to accept. If you ain't happy, do something about it!

Campfire Tracker
Online Shocked
Campfire Tracker
[Linked Image from i1.sndcdn.com]

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
This man have been mentioned, but. McCain was one of the members of the gang of eight. 4 dems and 4 republicans. So was Little Marco. In that joint effort they almost shoved amnesty down our throats. Had it not been for him obama care would have been repealed after Trump got elected but due to his bitter hate for Trump McCain saved it. He also threw the election to obama by not running a campaign to actually win. He knew as well as we do that obama was set to destroy America if elected. He and Romney sahe much of the blame for both term of obama.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by MAC
Originally Posted by ribka
Originally Posted by MAC
Most of the people that have actually been in the USN know that McCain was little more than a spoiled frat boy who only got to where he was in the USN and then the senate by riding on the coattails of his father and grandfather, both of whom were 4 star admirals. If he hadn't had several 4 stars in his family he would have been kicked out of both the Naval Academy and flight school. He was directly responsible for crashing numerous planes and even when he was shot down he was operating in an area and in a manner that was against the orders of the mission.

Bottom line he was a clown and a fool.

obvious thanks for reposting. pilots are like doctors and will defend incompetent, dangerous co workers idiots who should have never gotten the job

Another moron(s) making gross generalizations to prove a point they have NO CLUE as to WTF they are writing about.

BS and I dont give a damn if you were a navy pilot. I served with Capt. Jack Cassidy who was in the same squadron as McCain in Vietnam when he was shot down. Jack Cassidy wore 2 Navy Crosses and was the navigator on the USS Abraham Lincoln when he was my dept head. He went on to Command the USS Bon Homme Richard and I know for damn sure what he thought of the Baby McCain!

Dont you dare try to call this Chief Petty Officer a moron!

Well, Chief, your anecdotal stories notwithstanding and I have no reason nor doubt as to your veracity, but some of us also have the same "six degrees of separation" stories about McCain, but you are still missing the point. Regardless of his personal traits (which were atrocious), his mediocre performance at USNA (but he did pass), the fact he would up flying single seat aircraft had nothing to do with his influence on the system, NONE. I was a flight instructor. His flight grades are in the public record.

He might have been a terrible Naval Officer, but his flight grades are available for all to see at the Naval Aviation Museum. You know I was there. I also looked up George Bush's (41), Pappy Boyington's (now there's another stellar individual) and several astronauts. Same for McCain's Silver Star. He earned that. That is my point, just because we ALL (all means it includes me) despise the man, it does not detract from his flying skills as an aviator, nor his bravery whilst a POW.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by STRSWilson

Speaking of morons...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

This is Hunter's Campfire, you want Harvard Debate Union.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
Campfire Tracker
Online Shocked
Campfire Tracker

Speaking of morons...

I suppose next you will tell us what war heros John Kerry and Max Cleland were.

They got medals too.

Last edited by STRSWilson; 11/21/23.

MAC Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Well, Chief, your anecdotal stories notwithstanding and I have no reason nor doubt as to your veracity, but some of us also have the same "six degrees of separation" stories about McCain, but you are still missing the point. Regardless of his personal traits (which were atrocious), his mediocre performance at USNA (but he did pass), the fact he would up flying single seat aircraft had nothing to do with his influence on the system, NONE. I was a flight instructor. His flight grades are in the public record.

He might have been a terrible Naval Officer, but his flight grades are available for all to see at the Naval Aviation Museum. You know I was there. I also looked up George Bush's (41), Pappy Boyington's (now there's another stellar individual) and several astronauts. Same for McCain's Silver Star. He earned that. That is my point, just because we ALL (all means it includes me) despise the man, it does not detract from his flying skills as an aviator, nor his bravery whilst a POW.

None of that counters the fact that had it not been for having two 4 star officers in his family he would have been tossed from both the USNA and flight school. Your average cadet at the academy did not get the benefits he did, familial connections made all the difference. As I noted McCain was a spoiled frat boy.

And his time as a POW does not excuse decades of being a shi++y senator but he sure played that for all it was worth. Lastly this thread has ZERO to do with Bush or Boyington or astrnauts but rather just McCain. You may want to suck him off because you were a fellow pilot but dont try to blow smoke ip the ass of the Chief. It aint gonna work and the Chief will tell you go GFY in proper navy fashion.

As to your list of Navy Cross, I used a pseudonym since I do not have permission from the man to use his name. Do you really think the Chief is that dumb?

You get out of life what you are willing to accept. If you ain't happy, do something about it!
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M

Talk about being a MORON! If McStain had "flying skills" he would not have crashed multiple planes.

IC B3

R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
Boyngton was a strange duck. He was an alcoholic and a bar room brawler in addition to being a good fighter pilot. I read where Joe Foss didn’t like him.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by MAC
None of that counters the fact that had it not been for having two 4 star officers in his family he would have been tossed from both the USNA and flight school. Your average cadet at the academy did not get the benefits he did, familial connections made all the difference. As I noted McCain was a spoiled frat boy.

And his time as a POW does not excuse decades of being a shi++y senator but he sure played that for all it was worth. Lastly this thread has ZERO to do with Bush or Boyington or astrnauts but rather just McCain. You may want to suck him off because you were a fellow pilot but dont try to blow smoke ip the ass of the Chief. It aint gonna work and the Chief will tell you go GFY in proper navy fashion.

As to your list of Navy Cross, I used a pseudonym since I do not have permission from the man to use his name. Do you really think the Chief is that dumb?

And you know this about USNA and Flight School how? I only bought up Bush and Boyington as an example that ALL flight records are public domain and McCain had JET GRADES, PERIOD. He wasn't responsible for the Forrestal fire PERIOD. He was a recipient of the Silver Star as a POW, PERIOD. He was a horrible Senator, corrupt as hell and a RINO (BTW< did you vote for him in 08?). As to your pseudonym reference, fair enough, but that link shows NO Aviators with dual Navy Crosses during Vietnam, what platform did "Cassidy" fly? . Lastly, you were an MAC (Master at Arms)? As to your question, you know the old adage of....Ask me no questions.....

Last edited by jorgeI; 11/21/23.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by rainshot
Boyngton was a strange duck. He was an alcoholic and a bar room brawler in addition to being a good fighter pilot. I read where Joe Foss didn’t like him.

EXACTLY! But differentiating facts are a challenge to some....

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

Speaking of morons...

They got medals too.

And they were both POS, so was McCain, only you're too f cling stupid to figure out what I was trying to point out. If I could, I'd piss on McCain's grave, but feel free (or anybody) to discuss grading criteria for the Naval Academy and Flight Training... I'll wait.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Shocked
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by viking
So you can’t
Are you on the side of Mccain being a good man? F ucks sake

Campfire Outfitter
Online Shocked
Campfire Outfitter
He was a huge Rino, globalist pig. War mongering on the highest level. Allowed obama care to be forced onto us. He is nothing more than a traitor to freedom loving Americans

Campfire Tracker
Online Shocked
Campfire Tracker

Speaking of morons...

They got medals too.

And they were both POS, so was McCain, only you're too f cling stupid to figure out what I was trying to point out. If I could, I'd piss on McCain's grave, but feel free (or anybody) to discuss grading criteria for the Naval Academy and Flight Training... I'll wait.

If I have to explain the politics of the military to you then we really don't have much to discuss. Those who were politically connected benefit from those connections. McCain, Kerry, Cleland and a host of others benefited far beyond their capabilities or performance.

Medals do not make the man.

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Wasn't it Foss who claimed to be both a US ace (5 Zeros) and a Japanese ace (crashed/destroyed 5 US planes)? smile

McStain was a RINO turd, but some other thoughts. Do you think his daddy lost influence within the DOD/Navy just because he retired? Seems to me retirement would have freed him to pursue some avenues of influence that he could not, legitimately, as a serving officer, all while still maintaining his Service connections... Gone, from active service, but not forgotten. Not at that pay grade.

I have zero doubt McStain's family connections influenced his service, and the records put on paper, did not accurately and comprehensively reflect reality. It's the way the world works at that level. Spin it, if you can't deny it.

Comment on Custer - George, IIRC, had medals but not the MOH; His brother Tom, who died with him at the Little Big Horn, had two MOH, I read. I'll research that. Yet George got all the "glory" and publicity. MSM at the time...

Anyone think influence/connections do not count? Read "Unfit to Command" about Traitor John Kerry, who colluded with the enemy while still a Reserve service member, then after the Vietnam War, singlehandedly blocked a resolution holding NV accountable for accounting for our MIA, some of whom were likely still being held in captivity after the war. A few months later, his BIL landed a 10 million dollar contact to clean up one of the harbors over there. Co-incidental, I'm sure.

Now he is now one of Biden's appointees....Special Envoy (reward!) for Climate Change. Pays well, no doubt, with travel bennies for no actual productive "work".

Don't tell me family connections don't influence what happens to careers, and records - on paper, and fed to the public or ignored by MSM, all of whom are controlled propaganda outlets.

I have often wondered the true story behind PT109. Did it happen the way it went on paper, or were they drunk, hung-over, asleep out there?

Old Joe was a millionaire from bootlegging, and had both political and Mafia connections. Tough combination to beat.

More on Tom Custer - Wikipedia.

First man ever, and one of 19 to receive two MOH. Injins didn't care.... smile

Last edited by las; 11/21/23.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by gunchamp
He was a huge Rino, globalist pig. War mongering on the highest level. Allowed obama care to be forced onto us. He is nothing more than a traitor to freedom loving Americans

SPOT ON. On everything else, I'll defer to all of with SO MUCH expertise on Navy promotion and Selection Boards. Me, I only spent thirty years in the Navy, so what do I know...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've seen almost nothing positive written about McCain and I questioned the degree to which he was credited with being the "song bird" in the POW camps- though I had read several accounts of how hated he was in his unit for the most part. Since we all have learned that the MSM isn't what we would call reliable sources of information I write most of that part of his history off to he said, she said...

However, his atrocious and corrupt behavior after leaving the military is well covered and public knowledge- partly because McCain himself couldn't stand the thought of being out of the limelight whenever possible. All his crooked exploits have been covered well enough in the posts above, but I will never forget that ridiculous parade around America for everyone to admire the dick head that was arranged by his family. The fact that Trump offered the Presidential plane for them to fly his body around the nation in a sign of offering an olive branch, and then the family saying they didn't want Trump at the funeral left a decidedly bad taste in a lot of peoples' mouths including mine. But it was fitting that the family's last act was as petty and public as the ahole senator would have put forward himself....

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

590 members (10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 21, 17CalFan, 1234, 219 Wasp, 59 invisible), 2,000 guests, and 1,115 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,464
Posts18,508,289
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.