Campfire Member
M

Let him grow, Shoot a doe !
GB1

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Proof positive that you most people shouldn't be allowed to vote. This proposal was voted in by city people who don't have a clue. Finally, after 40 years we are getting a decent moose population. The wolves will take care of those pesky moose soon enough.

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
People better use their pref points soon. Elk hunting as we know it will be gone in 5 years or less

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by stuvwxyz
Proof positive that you most people shouldn't be allowed to vote. This proposal was voted in by city people who don't have a clue. Finally, after 40 years we are getting a decent moose population. The wolves will take care of those pesky moose soon enough.

These moose are right where they want to let the damn things go.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
...s s s

IC B2

S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
NM has a mexican wolf North of I-40 out of the recovery area and moving North. USFWS is just “monitoring”, not removing it as the recovery plan states.

Can’t wait for the teeth gnashing and whining about recovery area lines when CO’s wolves start moving South and the Mexicans keep moving North.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It says they have to release 10 of them. It sure would be a bummer if all 10 were Males.

I am always looking for factory wood stocks!
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Why stop with Wolves? Get some Grizzlies, Badgers, Wolverines, Coyotes, etc.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Reloder28
Why stop with Wolves? Get some Grizzlies, Badgers, Wolverines, Coyotes, etc.

The grizzlies will do far less harm than the d@^^n wolves! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
There's ways

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
even with wolf take allowed here in north Idaho, we haven't seen a Moose in 3 years. for years before the wolves got so massed, I had moose winter on my lawn.
wolf tracks all around my place every morning in the frost. no moose, few elk, and pitiful deer population.
I like wolves. wolf rug, wolf jacket, wolf leggings, wolf hat.

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

What area is that sir, pretty it looks like N Colorado and that is not where they are releasing them.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
The East Slope of Colorado decides what Western Colorado has to live with.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I hope colorado is ready for a scourge of moose habitat destruction, brain worms, ticks, and other heretofore unknown plagues on the moose population.

I don't know why but wherever wolves are re introduced these OTHER moose killers always show up. Can't quite figure it out. crazy

Last edited by Ralphie; 11/21/23.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
here in Minnesota we have too many wolves and yes the city -its have the votes and the help of the worthless liberal Governor Walz who are all wolf lovers . us the Red vote who own the most land mass in Minnesota have no say but the welfare people , city its have the most votes in the Twin Cities its a real chit show .

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Despite popular belief otherwise, I've heard wolves howling in extreme southeast KY too.

Pretty sure I got a video of one walking in front of my ATV too. You can see the Honda 420 Fourtrax in the background. This critter would at least come up to the headlights on it. Which are about waist high.

Listen closely in the background and you'll hear one howl starting about 2 seconds. The deer hears it too and decides to go the opposite direction of where it hears it.

A guy I was talking to about seeing and hearing them told me they're endangered. Only thing I could think to tell him is they sure are.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by wytex
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

What area is that sir, pretty it looks like N Colorado and that is not where they are releasing them.

This is between Crested Butte and Aspen.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by BeanMan

Time for a divorce.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
MAC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by BeanMan

Not quite. CA decides what CO has to live with. I am a 5th generation native of CO and I left the state when transplanted morons from CA took the place over. You can thank Roy Romer for this happening.

You get out of life what you are willing to accept. If you ain't happy, do something about it!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by deerstalker
even with wolf take allowed here in north Idaho, we haven't seen a Moose in 3 years. for years before the wolves got so massed, I had moose winter on my lawn.
wolf tracks all around my place every morning in the frost. no moose, few elk, and pitiful deer population.
I like wolves. wolf rug, wolf jacket, wolf leggings, wolf hat.
In the other end of the states, unit 54 has a good growing moose herd. This year it’s the only unit in the state with cow tags (all 3 of them). While wolves have been seen south of the Snake river, there are no established packs. Maybe there’s some correlation there?

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

114 members (1_deuce, 10gaugemag, 300_savage, 2ndwind, 10Glocks, 21 invisible), 1,627 guests, and 998 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,242
Posts18,485,916
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.