Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
In NY. Biggest was around 12lbs.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Kings going up the Yukon are so fat it takes months to dry them out. They are bright hundreds of miles up the river.

Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Never heard of Wild Atlantic being in New York, but I have heard of them being in Maine and fishing for them is strictly prohibited there, as they are on the endangered species list.

What you caught in New York is called a "Grilse". What we were catching, on the best rivers in Quebec are way bigger and fatter and not the same as Grilse.

The difference is that Grilse spend 1 winter at sea before spawning and Salmon spend 3 to 4 winters at sea.

What I like about West Coast salmon, you can easily fish for them in the ocean or from the bank of several rivers and catch and keep all species of salmon.

Here is a picture I took of my father with a 40+ pounder, I took the picture of the picture in my office so the quality is poor. The more time they spend at sea, the fatter they get.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

KB

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Well, research contradicts your statements. But, not trying to get into a pizz contest, just dropping facts.

FWIW:
https://www.nutritionadvance.com/types-of-salmon/

That fish those gals cooked does look good!

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I am not interested in a pizz contest either lol

I saw that this morning and I was surprised, I have eaten lots of Wild Atlantic Salmon, and Kings, Chinook, Coho, wild AS always seem way fatter to me, they also taste better, but that is subjective right?

What I do know for certain, is that I have been fishing for both species for lots of years. I only posted this thread to demonstrate a really interesting cooking method.

With Kings being as fat as they are up in AK, they would be perfect for this method.

This is me, one morning of fishing in BC, caught them all myself in 4 hours. Took this picture of the Humpbacks myself the same day. They decimated our bait ball, 50 yards from our boat.

Also, I just got my delivery of 9 whole FAS fillets I ordered this morning. I will eat them all with the method I showed and guess I will be glowing in the dark, so the good news is I will no longer need my headlamp for hunting anymore, hehe

Last edited by KillerBee; 11/23/23.

KB

IC B2

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Tried this tonight. Super easy and turned out perfectly.

I usually do salmon on the grill, but will put this in the rotation through the winter.

Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Hi Wannabebwana,

Really happy it worked out for you, even the skin is crispy and delicious hey? I don't typically eat the skin, this way I devour it.

This order below arrived yesterday, will be eating all of it this method all winter, twice a week. We all need our Omega 3's right?

Have a great weekend cool

Last edited by KillerBee; 11/24/23.

KB

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

637 members (160user, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 17CalFan, 66 invisible), 2,983 guests, and 1,304 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,849
Posts18,478,447
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.