Print Thread
Hop To
A
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
A
2-1 decision.

Maryland's requirement for a permit to purchase a handgun that can take 30 days to approve is unconstitutional.

A 30 day wait is a hinderance to right to keep and bear arms and there for a infringement.

The state was unable to provide any historical analog laws, therefore failing their burden of proof.

The laws referenced by the state that regulated gun possession by dangerous people do not justify limitations on all people.

Good win for us. Source below:

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
^^^^^^

One man with courage makes a majority....

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
2-1, going en banc and overturned.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by steve4102
I don't think so, this one is too cut and dried, even Maryland .gov admitted they had no historical analogue for the rule they set forth.

Like Joe told Obumer, "This a [bleep] big deal!"

To preserve liberty it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them.-Richard Henry Lee

Endowment Member NRA, Life Member SAF-GOA, Life-Board Member, West TN Director TFA
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
In the wake of that ruling, I penned this to the members of our state Senate Judiciary Committee early this morning:

The Supreme Court in Bruen has laid out rules for deciding the 2nd Amendment rights of the People. Text, then history!

If non-violent felon citizens seek to purchase and bear arms (defined in Heller as “Before addressing the verbs “keep” and “bear,” we interpret their object: “Arms.” The 18th-century meaning is no different from the meaning today. The 1773 edition of Samuel Johnson's dictionary defined “arms” as “weapons of offence, or armour of defence.” 1 Dictionary of the English Language 106 (4th ed.) (reprinted 1978) (hereinafter Johnson). Timothy Cunningham's important 1771 legal dictionary defined “arms” as “any thing that a man wears for his defence, or takes into his hands, or useth in wrath to cast at or strike another.” 1 A New and Complete Law Dictionary; see also N. Webster, American Dictionary of the English Language (1828) (reprinted 1989) (hereinafter Webster) (similar). District of Columbia et al. v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570, 618 (2008), the 2nd Amendment ensures that right under its ”unqualified command”. Rifles and shotguns with legal length barrels are protected by that command.

All power being inherent in the People, General Assemblies do not have the lawful ability to deny a constitutional right, as certain policy choices have been taken off the table. “No longer should lower courts evaluating firearm restrictions “defer to the determinations of legislatures,” because while “that judicial deference to legislative interest balancing is understandable-and, elsewhere, appropriate-it is not the deference that the Constitution demands.” And while “end-justifies-the-means” rationalizations should generally be understood as antithetical to the rule of law, Bruen now leaves no doubt that such rationalizations have no place in our Second Amendment jurisprudence.” United States v. Harrison, No. CR-22-00328-PRW, 5-6 (W.D. Okla. Feb. 3, 2023)

From the recent case decided 11/21/2023 in the UNITED STATES COURT OF APPEALS FOR THE FOURTH CIRCUIT, No. 21-2017; “And Plaintiffs here say that they seek to own firearms for “lawful purposes,” J.A. 22–24, a point that Maryland does not contest. Indeed, though the Amendment’s plain text “extends, prima facie, to all instruments that constitute bearable arms,” Caetano v. Massachusetts, 577 U.S. 411, 411 (2016) …There might well be a tradition of prohibiting dangerous people from owning firearms. But, under the Second Amendment, mechanism matters. And Maryland has not pointed to any historical laws that operated by preemptively depriving all citizens of firearms to keep them out of dangerous hands. Plaintiffs’ challenge thus must succeed, and the district court’s contrary decision must be REVERSED” MARYLAND SHALL ISSUE, INC., v. WES MOORE, in his capacity as Governor of Maryland; WOODROW W. JONES, III, Colonel. USCA4 Appeal: 21-2017 Doc: 58 Filed: 11/21/2023 Pgs. 8,9,20,21 of 41

Tennessee’s statute, TCA 39-17-1308 which makes it a crime for a non-violent felon citizen to bear a rifle or shotgun for lawful purposes outside of valid hunting or sport shooting is unconstitutional on its face. Government is not responsible for providing safety or security to any individual, and, it should not be allowed to deny non-violent felon citizens to enjoy the ability to provide their own security and safety with the best tools available, especially when those rights are protected by the Constitution.

It was never a crime in Tennessee to carry a loaded long gun until 1989 when under a Democrat governor, a Democrat controlled House and Senate that constitutional right was stripped away by statute. “A law repugnant to the Constitution is void. An act of Congress repugnant to the Constitution cannot become a law. The Constitution supersedes all other laws and the individual’s rights shall be liberally enforced in favor of him, the clearly intended and expressly designated beneficiary.” – Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137 (1803) The non-violent felon citizen of Tennessee is the intended beneficiary of the 2nd Amendment, and there is no historical tradition of denying the lawful use of long guns.

To preserve liberty it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them.-Richard Henry Lee

Endowment Member NRA, Life Member SAF-GOA, Life-Board Member, West TN Director TFA
IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by worriedman
I don't think so, this one is too cut and dried, even Maryland .gov admitted they had no historical analogue for the rule they set forth.

Like Joe told Obumer, "This a [bleep] big deal!"

They have come up with a new strategy,

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
They passed the HQL law (Handgun Qualification License) in 2013 I think. It took 10 freakin years to overturn it. Unbelievable.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by StoneCutter
They passed the HQL law (Handgun Qualification License) in 2013 I think. It took 10 freakin years to overturn it. Unbelievable.
Too many sit on their hands and play the slave...

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by StoneCutter
Too many sit on their hands and play the slave...
…hoping to vote their way out of this.

Waiting for the Red Wave, while sending in their ballots by mail cuz they are to lazy to go vote in person.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The Second Amendment needs to be interpreted in its entirety, not piecemeal. “Shall not be infringed” is the pertinent phrase. Anything that constitutes an infringement is unconstitutional.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Waiting for the Red Wave, while sending in their ballots by mail cuz they are to lazy to go vote in person.
Or, you can show up at the legislature, call on those you have donated time and money towards their campaigns to further the issues they professed support for to garner your help.

I just do not get the lackadaisical attitude of the general public.

Interview politicians, report what they say, make YouTube videos, be a thorn in the Establishments side.

Last edited by worriedman; 11/22/23.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Or, you can show up at the legislature, call on those you have donated time and money towards their campaigns to further the issues they professed support for to garner your help.

Interview politicians, report what they say, make YouTube videos, be a thorn in the Establishments side.
Election Fraud does not succumb to constituent pressures

The days of kissing babies is long gone.

Last edited by steve4102; 11/22/23.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
there's been lots of constitutional winning going on here lately. however there is a judge in Colorado I believe it was on some gun laws was figuring out a way to not deal with that and still win he was trying to figure out ways and wordings to not tie it to the Constitution..

example the right to have and bear arms but he is saying there is no constitutional right to purchase firearms... we'll see if this gets any traction.

in my opinion if these magazine and assault weapons bands are being overturned I do not see how it would go any other way but being unconstitutional..

Last edited by ldholton; 11/22/23.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by ldholton
there's been lots of constitutional winning going on here lately. however there is a judge in Colorado I believe it was on some gun laws was figuring out a way to not deal with that and still win he was trying to figure out ways and wordings to not tie it to the Constitution..

example the right to have and bear arms but he is saying there is no constitutional right to purchase firearms... we'll see if this gets any traction.

in my opinion if these magazine and assault weapons bands are being overturned I do not see how it would go any other way but being unconstitutional..
Post #6

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by ldholton

Post #6

👍👍👍

I seen a different video but I same thing same case they're talking about.
I don't see how it can hold up myself if assault weapons bans and magazine bans won't... now it takes is a couple liberal judges though..
hope the right people jump on top of this and stomp it up rapidly.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
There

Election Fraud does not succumb to constituent pressures

The days of kissing babies is long gone.

An Iowa woman was convicted of voter fraud after 2 students went to vote and found out they had supposedly already voted. The investigation led to the arrest and criminal charges.

There is hope for the future as long as the voter fraud is investigated and charges are filed.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

564 members (1minute, 1eyedmule, 160user, 1234, 10ring1, 1badf350, 52 invisible), 2,280 guests, and 1,275 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,413
Posts18,507,144
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.