Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
F
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
F
Who's ready for the orange army 12 days left!

Hook and Book, Shoot and Scoot
GB1

B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
Reserved my new camping spot in the Tioga SF. Looking forward to trying a new spot. Did some bow scouting a couple weeks ago and the acorns were thick!

They say everything happens for a reason.
For me that reason is usually because I've made some bad decisions that I need to pay for.
R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
If I don't punch my tag this week. Of course I do have the doe tag I'm saving for rifle season.

F
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
F
We hunt up in Crawford county lots of bucks running around on camera! Although lots of broken racks this year

J
JDK Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Will be in the Allegheny NF. Probably our last time.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Flhoundhunter28
We hunt up in Crawford county lots of bucks running around on camera! Although lots of broken racks this year

I got my buck Halloween night in Crawford Co. ( 5 minutes from home)

Still have a doe tag and will be going to the ANF for bear this weekend.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Opening day, (and most of the season) I’ll be sitting in my daughter’s blind with her, scanning the ridge or out doing small pushes trying to help her get her tags filled. Since I got my buck in archery, I’m puppy for her and her and my brother.

Of course this will be after trudging all over state forest land hunting in New York starting Saturday.

Happy, safe hunting and good luck! 😎

Livin ain’t killed me yet, but it’s workin on it!
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I'll be out. Starting a new job Monday though, so I'll only be hunting the weekends this year.

Next year I'll be back to my regularly scheduled time off.

Sacrifices made.

-Jake

Small Game, Deer, Turkey, Bear, Elk....It's what's for dinner.

If you know how many guns you own... you don't own enough.

In God We Trust.
T
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
T
Hopefully rifle season will be better than archery season. Going directly for my last sit in bow season. It seems like the deer have disappeared. Too much standing corn. I hope it gets cut before rifle comes in.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
i'll be off opening weekend, then work Monday- Fri, then off the rest of the Season

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

IC B3

F
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
F
Cameras have certainly quieted down last 4-5 days. I wonder if its not just peak breeding and the deer are all pinned down? However there is a lot of standing corn in our area as well..

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Lots of standing corn around me as well

Small Game, Deer, Turkey, Bear, Elk....It's what's for dinner.

If you know how many guns you own... you don't own enough.

In God We Trust.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I usually hold out for a buck before I shoot a doe, so some years season ends empty handed. But this year think I'm going to get on the board early if a doe or 2 shows first, then buck hunt rest of the season.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hunting public land here, I’ve learned to follow the old “if it’s brown, it’s down” rule, as after the first few days of rifle season they all get pretty scarce. Here they only have to wade across the Shenandoah to escape the pumpkin army. The xbow has put me on the board most years since 2018, so the meat pressure is usually off by the time the guns come out. This year I’m under the Earn-a-Buck restriction on opening day, again, so am hoping to shed that quickly. If I get a doe, that’ll be plenty of meat for the year and I can loaf around the woods hoping for a nice buck the rest of the season…

Good luck fellers!

What fresh Hell is this?
C
CBB Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Flhoundhunter28
Cameras have certainly quieted down last 4-5 days. I wonder if its not just peak breeding and the deer are all pinned down? However there is a lot of standing corn in our area as well..

I’m running quite a few cams and noticed a similar pattern.

I spent 2022 hunting a couple good bucks with 1 particular I was targeting and a few other I just couldn’t pass up. I ended up eating my buck tag but did shoot a couple does.

Archery season was much the same this year. Hunting specific bucks and passing quite a few immature deer. I still have a buck tag and will be out with the rifle still looking for specific deer. I will fill the freezer if the opportunity presents itself on does.

Good luck out there and be safe

Last edited by CBB; 11/18/23.

Hunt...
F
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
F
Just a few more days now 😍😍

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Good luck guys!

Affordable Sportfishing Charters and Cruises out of Noank CT - https://www.rowdygirlcharters.com/
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
I’ve been off since last week. Been out for bear, but no luck. I’ll be out Saturday, but due to some health issues, I can’t hike back the 1.5-2 miles like I normally do for deer season.

Even though I haven’t been able to hunt for the last two years, on Saturday I’ll be holding out for a buck. I can also still hunt for black bear in my area.

I’m a handgun hunter, so I’ll be sitting in my spot with my deer slayer; 14” TC Contender in 7-30 Waters.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm off all next week. I'll spend it at my Camp in Sullivan county trying to put something on the game pole

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Steve_in_PA
I’ve been off since last week. Been out for bear, but no luck. I’ll be out Saturday, but due to some health issues, I can’t hike back the 1.5-2 miles like I normally do for deer season.

Even though I haven’t been able to hunt for the last two years, on Saturday I’ll be holding out for a buck. I can also still hunt for black bear in my area.

I’m a handgun hunter, so I’ll be sitting in my spot with my deer slayer; 14” TC Contender in 7-30 Waters.

That's where I'm at this year. My knee is in a brace and mobility is limited. I'll have to hunt near the truck

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

616 members (007FJ, 163bc, 06hunter59, 1936M71, 10gaugeman, 69 invisible), 2,616 guests, and 1,335 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,716
Posts18,475,647
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.