Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
C
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
C
All good ideas - a couple of which I actually tested out.

The card stock idea was good but prone to bridging. Harbor Freight was a cheap solution but the smallest funnel in their set did not fit inside the tiny .243 WSSM neck.

The prize goes to Bullshooter Bob!

Finding a leftover plastic straw from a jaunt to Popeyes Chicken made me think of his suggestion, so I slipped it over the neck of a WSSM case and voila! Perfect fit!

I used the straw to make an extension just long enough to reach the mouth of the interior opening of my RCBS powder funnel and although slow, it worked fine for 50 cases with hardly a grain spilled.

Thanks to all - I got the job done and didn't have to wait for the delivery of a set of funnels from MidSouth!

Last edited by czech1022; 11/21/23.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing -- Edmund Burke
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by czech1022
... The prize goes to Bullshooter Bob! ...
Thank you! Thank you very much!

A couple of footnotes:

A longer straw can serve usefully as a drop tube for some loads, increasing possible amounts of powder that can be trickled into a case. Occasionally one can find two straws that have a tight telescopic fit, one inside the other, which can serve as an extensible drop tube. A small piece of masking tape can stabilize the extension if needed.

When the case mouth is larger and a straw cannot be found to fit around the neck, a smaller diameter straw can be found to fit inside the case mouth. Several layers of tape may be wrapped around the straw as a sleeve set back a bit from the end of the straw, with the case mount supporting the tape sleeve as powder is poured into the funnel on top of the straw.

--Bob

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
My Uniflow powder measure has drop tubes that can be swapped out. You can get them down to .17 cal, so .24 is not a problem.

My .26 Nosler brass has short neck and wide shoulders, won’t work with some powder funnels. Drop tube not a problem.

Agree that Ramshot powder flows like water, will easily pass thru the smallest drop tube.

So, a non-problem with the right stuff.

DF

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Shorten the funnel neck

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by tedthorn
Shorten the funnel neck
Couple seconds on a belt sander should fix it.

DF

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by MartinStrummer
Many moons back, I was loading for my .22 Hornet (since sold) and the case would go up into my RCBS powder funnel. Had to really be on your toes to be sure all the powder made it into the case (Herco 2400).

Sitting in the doctor's office one day, I noticed the little black cone that fit on the ear light thingie!!
It fit comfortably into the mouth of the Hornet case and the big end fit over the powder dump spout!

Are we to understand you liberated that little ear light thingie cone from your MD?
Bravo, Sir. Seems only fitting to do so during the interminable wait in your silly robe, for an examination that might be humiliatingly invasive!

Cheers,
Rex

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

503 members (007FJ, 1lesfox, 1234, 1OntarioJim, 160user, 17CalFan, 47 invisible), 2,346 guests, and 1,219 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,378
Posts18,488,518
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.