Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Ngrumba Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Momma wants one. Anybody have one? Brand? Do you like it? Costco & Amazon have different brands at ½ price for Black Friday.

M
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
M
Bought 2 at Costco for both our places. They work great on dog hair on flat surfaces, suck on carpet. IRobot is the brand we have. The majority of the surfaces are hardwood and tile so for us they do ok.

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
We have a Roomba. As mentioned, not really that great on carpet, but helps on tile/wood floors, especially if you have pets.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I replaced all the vinyl and carpet on the main floor and replaced it with glue down vinyl planks.

Bought my wife a robot vac and she loves it.

Duno how well they work on carpet.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I have 3. 2 Roombas and a Shark. They do a decent job on hardwood floors but it might take a couple of goes to get full coverage. The Shark is the quietest but the Roombas have longer lasting batteries. Sometimes, they'll get hung up on some furniture or the stairs. Typically the Roombas will have enough charge left at the end of the day to where all I have to do is move it and press start to send it on its merry way. The Shark on the other hand usually goes on the charger.

Last edited by tdbob; 11/23/23.

Just down the road from The City of Lost Souls in the Land of the Blind.
Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla
IC B2

DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker

Last edited by DBT; 11/23/23.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My wife has the irobot with the home base/charger that empties the vacuum

I wouldn't have one without that feature

It works very good and it's amazing how it gets in and around stuff plus not only can she run it remotely from her phone via wifi she can set up a schedule plus prompt it via our Alexa pods

It's also quiet

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
We are on our 3rd Roomba in about 15 years. The early versions needed some work, but they are getting better and better. We have 3 large dogs and vinyl plank and carpet for flooring. I have not found anything that works as good on pet hair and we run ours at least 4 times a week. Whenever this one dies (I think it is 6 years old now) we will buy another.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Connect the dots man - those robots essentially map out your home so when the "Man" comes to do a no-knock warrant, they know the lay outs of every place that has one and it's constantly updated as you change the furniture arrangements around.

Me

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Another vote for iRobot Roomba. Two years in. We got the middle of the road version with auto-empty into the charging station. As above would not buy one without that feature. Only thing I would do different, next one will be one step up with the "Edge Sweep" brushes on both sides.

IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
My vet's office had a Roomba giveaway a couple years ago. The gal that won it set it up, got the dog used to it she thought, and went to work. The machine turned on while she was gone, the dog freaked out and started shidting in the house. When she got home, there was shidt streaked and worked into the carpet everywhere.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Bama_Rick
My vet's office had a Roomba giveaway a couple years ago. The gal that won it set it up, got the dog used to it she thought, and went to work. The machine turned on while she was gone, the dog freaked out and started shidting in the house. When she got home, there was shidt streaked and worked into the carpet everywhere.

Sounds like more of a dog problem than a vacuum problem.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
We had a Roomba bought it at a yard sale it was good for what it is, I love to watch my cat hide and pounce on it or swat it every time it went by. I use to attach things to it "stuffed toys" and watch my dog bark and growl at it and my cat hiss. The woman wanted it so I left it when I sold the house.

RUMs are like woman in Stiletto heals, you know they are going to put you in the poor house, but that has never stopped anyone from pursuing them.
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
We had one . I think it was an oofie. It worked pretty well at getting under furniture and getting tangled up on electrical cords. We have 2 German Shedders in the house so it filled up quickly. The dust and hair reservoir held about a cup and a half. The time we spent getting it out from under furniture and emptying it would have been better spent using a regular upright vaccum.
The battery died on ours after about 2 years.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Teal
Connect the dots man - those robots essentially map out your home so when the "Man" comes to do a no-knock warrant, they know the lay outs of every place that has one and it's constantly updated as you change the furniture arrangements around.
Connects to other devices too via bluetooth and can access data other devices.and so on.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by slumlord
Originally Posted by Teal
Connects to other devices too via bluetooth and can access data other devices.and so on.

A mobile Router,
In color.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Boomers and they gadgets though

Ever since Lost in Space, they wanted a robot to clean their rooms so Mom would let em watch Howdy Dooty over at little wabbigoons house and suck on homemade frozen Kool Aid pops

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
Why?

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

322 members (204guy, 16penny, 1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 1_deuce, 17CalFan, 44 invisible), 2,494 guests, and 1,352 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,112
Posts18,483,424
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.