Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
J
Jeffrey Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
If you’re watching any of the footage coming from Ukraine, then you’re aware of what modern warfare looks like.

Drones.

Unassuming victims are picked off individually or in small groups by simple drones dropping grenades, or by kamikaze drones that chase the enemy down and blow them to bits on impact. Quite terrifying if you’re the guy on the ground.

My question is, how do you fight back against them? My initial thought is a shotgun loaded with magnum shot, maybe 5 or 6 size, with a moderately choked barrel. There are some videos of Russians trying to shoot down drones with various small arms, but I’ve yet to see a Rooskie with a shotgun.

I fear the next step is automated drones (AI) that hunt down enemy drones. The Terminator series of movies has never seemed more relevant.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Automated drones are just a technological step beyond CIWS.
CIWS being AI controlling a robotic gun, 1980s tech. And standard issue
in bigger ships for decades.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
J
Jeffrey Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
When this is going on half a world away, it goes easily under the radar. But in the event that we were were attacked by a tyrannical government, or by extremists, we could easily see this sort of thing on American soil.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
All I'm gonna say is, Pull! Then shoot in front of it.

Medics bury their mistakes..
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
All that skeet shooting over the years is finally gonna be useful...

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Pretty much exactly what I was thinking.
There’s a war coming, right now it’s cold and spiritual.
But if you’re a good guy, you need to be thinking about it and preparing for it.
Right now the bad guys are calling the shots. They’re actually preparing the population to accept cold blooded murder of you by using words like “domestic terrorist, white separatist” and “a threat to democracy”.
It make no mistake. I promise you, if you believe in the ideals that made America number one.
YOU ARE A THREAT THAT THEY WANT TO ELIMINATE!!!
Edited to add this.
I’m a white US Army veteran, I’m a practicing Christian, and I’m a gun owner.
Can you really think of a bigger threat to a crooked bureaucrat than guys like me?
Reon

Last edited by 7mmbuster; 11/25/23.

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

J
Jeffrey Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
I know it’s illegal to shoot down a drone, but what if it is your drone? The testing has to start somewhere.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
How about jamming the radio signal with possibly a microwave device. Or shining a laser at the drone. The difficulty would be to detect the drone before it zeroes in on you.

J
Jeffrey Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Old Ornery
How about jamming the radio signal with possibly a microwave device. Or shining a laser at the drone. The difficulty would be to detect the drone before it zeroes in on you.

If you watch the videos, many Rooskies know the drone is above in the final seconds before it drops its payload. This is why I think a shotgun at hand might be your best and only hope.

Also, most grenades/bombs drop for about 3 seconds, which would put the drones a little less than 100’ AGL.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by bufaf

It's possible that skill set might prove useful.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Never waste an opportunity to brag or promote yourself. Sad.

GOA
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Wouldn't military drones be armored against something like shotgun pellets?

J
Jeffrey Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Phillip_Nesmith

I don’t know, but from what I can tell these are simple little drones. I don’t know if they have been produced and designed for combat.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jeffrey
If you’re watching any of the footage coming from Ukraine, then you’re aware of what modern warfare looks like.

Drones.

Unassuming victims are picked off individually or in small groups by simple drones dropping grenades, or by kamikaze drones that chase the enemy down and blow them to bits on impact. Quite terrifying if you’re the guy on the ground.

My question is, how do you fight back against them? My initial thought is a shotgun loaded with magnum shot, maybe 5 or 6 size, with a moderately choked barrel. There are some videos of Russians trying to shoot down drones with various small arms, but I’ve yet to see a Rooskie with a shotgun.

I fear the next step is automated drones (AI) that hunt down enemy drones. The Terminator series of movies has never seemed more relevant.

This is the product that I helped develop and write all the SW for, before I retired. Did a lot of testing on it. I will stop a drone mid-flight and the send it in the direction that the dronebuster is pointing. The drone operator is jammed out and un-able to control the drone at all. It's very simple to use. Point it at the drone and pull the trigger.

[Linked Image from unmannedairspace.info]

https://www.unmannedairspace.info/c...ne-device-features-satellite-navigation/

Carpe' Scrotum
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You people who think you'd just shoot down these drones with shotguns are in so far over your heads they'd have to pump daylight to you.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Stickfight
You people who think you'd just shoot down these drones with shotguns are in so far over your heads they'd have to pump daylight to you.

Who uses a shotgun?

John Burns

I have all the sources.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by JohnBurns

Might.

If ya can get the drone ta fly straight and level away from ya, but not until ya tell it to.

While ya throw bullets over the horizon.

Maybe if ya can get the drone ta hover, ya could hit more than 25%.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

I see depleted uranium flechettes on the horizon. Possibly with self guided micro logic AI involved.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Guy's, Once the drone is up about 200 ft you'll have a hard time seeing or hearing it. First time you'll realize that the drone is anywhere around you is when the grenade lands next to you.

The Dronebuster SNA that I talked about had some sensors that allowed you to detect the various RF frequencies that drones use. It also had directional antennas that allowed you to narrow in on the drone. There was an LED strength indicator that would give you an idea how close it was to you.

There is more that other companies were doing regarding electronic detection, disabling, and destruction, but I'm not at liberty to discuss it. Suffice it to say it's not that hard of a problem and it it actively being addressed.

Carpe' Scrotum
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Fubarski

Might.

If ya can get the drone ta fly straight and level away from ya, but not until ya tell it to.

While ya throw bullets over the horizon.

Maybe if ya can get the drone ta hover, ya could hit more than 25%.

Post up your video showing your skill set.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

You most likely don't know this but drone attacking comes right straight at a guy. Easier shot than a going away clay.

Up you game, the drones are coming.

Originally Posted by EYEBALL

John Burns

I have all the sources.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Somebody stroke Burns so he can feel better about himself FCS

GOA
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F

One of my skillsets is exposing morons for the losers they are. No video needed.

Thanks for the assist.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Mr_TooDogs
Somebody stroke Burns so he can feel better about himself FCS

Thanks.

It's pretty kewl to know one is impervious to drone attacks.

[Linked Image from external-content.duckduckgo.com]

You girls got to get in a whole lot of range time to catch up.

Last edited by JohnBurns; 11/25/23.

John Burns

I have all the sources.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

One of my skillsets is exposing morons for the losers they are. No video needed.

Thanks for the assist.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Cover yourself with cold mud and set booby traps?

@jameslavish

If you work 40 hrs/wk: at 5% inflation and after 5 years, you need a 28% pay raise or to work 44 more hours (*one full extra week* per month+) to make up the difference.

This is inflation
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F

You're confusing body fat with body armor.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by erikj

Cover yourself with cold mud and set booby traps?

I watched a documentary film about just such a situation.

Getting to the "choppar" was also important.

John Burns

I have all the sources.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

You're confusing body fat with body armor.

T-72s don't have enough armour to be safe from drones.

I have the requsite shooting skillz, shown in video, to slay all the drones before needing armour.

Originally Posted by Strider 101
[Linked Image from external-content.duckduckgo.com]

Yes. A very good chance if you stick with me.

John Burns

I have all the sources.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
From what I've seen in your handjob videos, there's only two things you can't hit.

Jack, and sh*t.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Many pharmacies ask you to prove your age because cough syrup contains "dextromethorphan." If you drink enough of it, the effects can be like alcohol and it can get you intoxicated.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have the requsite shooting skillz, shown in video, to slay all the drones before needing armour.

Mr. Burns I think you are confused. Armour is the company that makes the potted meat you had for dinner.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Steve
Guy's, Once the drone is up about 200 ft you'll have a hard time seeing or hearing it. First time you'll realize that the drone is anywhere around you is when the grenade lands next to you.

The Dronebuster SNA that I talked about had some sensors that allowed you to detect the various RF frequencies that drones use. It also had directional antennas that allowed you to narrow in on the drone. There was an LED strength indicator that would give you an idea how close it was to you.

There is more that other companies were doing regarding electronic detection, disabling, and destruction, but I'm not at liberty to discuss it. Suffice it to say it's not that hard of a problem and it it actively being addressed.

Were the enemy to go beyond the standard commercial control frequencies, and standard commercial AV frequencies, (without violating NDA/US security clearance regulations) are there solutions to the issue of drone detection and disablement?

It's been years since I played with a quadcopter, and thus can't recall frequencies used (even if spread spectrum), but there weren't that many, and it didn't seem like any evil actors would be all that constrained when it came to control and/or visual feedback to the operator. GPS jamming and/or spoofing didn't seem like an insurmountable problem either. I"m thinking the latter is what the Dronebuster is using, if you can point it at a simple UAV and then point the UAV where you want it to go crash.

P.S. 200' seems about right. For a quadcopter... For a dedicated quiet power glider, make that a lot closer. Think owl quiet....

Last edited by Scott_Thornley; 11/25/23. Reason: added additional info.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Many pharmacies ask you to prove your age because cough syrup contains "dextromethorphan." If you drink enough of it, the effects can be like alcohol and it can get you intoxicated.

LOL

Burns"ll Drank.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Scott_Thornley
Were the enemy to go beyond the standard commercial control frequencies, and standard commercial AV frequencies, (without violating NDA/US security clearance regulations) are there solutions to the issue of drone detection and disablement?

It's been years since I played with a quadcopter, and thus can't recall frequencies used (even if spread spectrum), but there weren't that many, and it didn't seem like any evil actors would be all that constrained when it came to control and/or visual feedback to the operator. GPS jamming and/or spoofing didn't seem like an insurmountable problem either. I"m thinking the latter is what the Dronebuster is using, if you can point it at a simple UAV and then point the UAV where you want it to go crash.

P.S. 200' seems about right. For a quadcopter... For a dedicated quiet power glider, make that a lot closer. Think owl quiet....

There is a constant fight between electronic warfare and drone attack. It ebbs and flows much like radars and missles.

The latest drones have AI algos that the operater can select a target from a far range and the drone will attack that target through optical, thermal, lidar on board sensors and guidance.

You better have an active/kenetic means of killing the drone on the way in if you want to survive.

John Burns

I have all the sources.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Scott_Thornley

The commercial/personal drones use 2.4 GHz and 5.8 Ghz for command and control. I'm not an RF guy but I'd think that it would be difficult to switch both the drone and the controller to different frequencies. But some inventive bad guy will probably figure it out once it gets to be a problem.

Cat and mouse.

They are spread spectrum. Think they are using QAM.

Can't say too much about how we did what regarding the GPS and CC, but getting the drone to go in the general direction you wanted it to was not hard once you had all your ducks in a row.

Jamming it to get it to land or hover is even easier.

Carpe' Scrotum
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Red, hot, jam. Anyone remember that moniker?

Medics bury their mistakes..
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I just watched a video from Ukraine today. It appears both sides are using some kind of jammer but they have very limited range. It appears AI has also been programmed into some of the drones. Not quite like launch and forget and let the drone do it's thing, but close.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I think that ground wars should have stopped ages ago. You can do simple math on the resources and equipment each side has and know the winner before it starts. We could blow anyone off the face of the earth in a day. But we don't do that. We string it out for years and others countries do the same.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by bufaf

Lol, you shoot Clays like a faag.

If and when it comes down to a battle please stay home as no one wants you on the battlefield with them.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
What about a miniaturized version of the Phalanx CIWS that would shoot 5.56x45 instead of 20mm ammo?

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Nobody (especially dumb fugk Burns) is shooting an SUAS out of the sky with regularity.

Counter SUAS technology is developing more quickly than the aircraft themselves. They are very easy to deal with if properly equipped.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Small commercial and consumer drones, especially equipped with thermal cameras are smashing the Russians with impressive results.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CombatFootage/?rdt=56682

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by JD45
I think that ground wars should have stopped ages ago. You can do simple math on the resources and equipment each side has and know the winner before it starts. We could blow anyone off the face of the earth in a day. But we don't do that. We string it out for years and others countries do the same.

Because Wars sell steel and build big houses for the MIC.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Surround yurself wit Wolverines...

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
What about a miniaturized version of the Phalanx CIWS that would shoot 5.56x45 instead of 20mm ammo?

That would be pretty clever Jeff but only you could afford to feed it..mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Yeah, I bet we can just call up & buy a couple of those tomorrow .

MM

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MontanaMan

Yeah, I bet we can just call up & buy a couple of those tomorrow .

MM

It's a bit of a hassle. wink

Carpe' Scrotum
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Mmmm, no you don't.

LOL

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

What about it, retard?

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Drones.

This is the product that I helped develop and write all the SW for, before I retired. Did a lot of testing on it. I will stop a drone mid-flight and the send it in the direction that the dronebuster is pointing. The drone operator is jammed out and un-able to control the drone at all. It's very simple to use. Point it at the drone and pull the trigger.

https://www.unmannedairspace.info/c...ne-device-features-satellite-navigation/

Don't they use these at a lot of embassies?

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by STRSWilson
Small commercial and consumer drones, especially equipped with thermal cameras are smashing the Russians with impressive results.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CombatFootage/?rdt=56682

A guy who brags what a good experienced thorough researcher he is and then goes to the last reputable info source reddit for information lol

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Can you see Johhny Gin sprinting to cover and shooting drones ? I can’t either

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave

I didn't hear about that. As embassies are fixed they can do more elaborate and powerful stuff. These are meant to be put with ground troops.

Carpe' Scrotum
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

What about it, retard?

The other product our company had was a weapon stabilization system. At the time I worked there they put one of the dronebusters on it along with a Dillion Areo (GE) Mini-gun. Let's just say that that setup was unbeatable in close in drone destruction.

Here's a video that shows the system, but not with the DB.

Carpe' Scrotum
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That explains the primer shortage...

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Here's me shooting a Ma Deuce on the same system.

Carpe' Scrotum
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Here's me shooting a Ma Deuce on the same system.

Yeah shooting that makes you walk around with a woody for several days.........Lol.

Paul

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I have the requsite shooting skillz, shown in video,

Your desperation to be relevant here is nothing short of pathetic.......LMAO!

Paul

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

I didn't hear about that. As embassies are fixed they can do more elaborate and powerful stuff. These are meant to be put with ground troops.

I think they do.

My son was at one recently and explained that capability. Said they were shoulder fired. But never had any pics.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

What about it, retard?

The other product our company had was a weapon stabilization system. At the time I worked there they put one of the dronebusters on it along with a Dillion Areo (GE) Mini-gun. Let's just say that that setup was unbeatable in close in drone destruction.

Yes I am sure they can hit a drone.

J
Jeffrey Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J

What about it, retard?

Yeah, but how do you field it at the small unit or individual level?

All this naysaying about the shotgun idea. How hard is it to hit a mostly stationary object 100’ above the ground as it’s about to release its payload on you? Many of these rooskies are fully aware that there is a drone above them and all they can do is beg or pray. Many of the explosives also appear to detonate on impact and be about the size of one of those nerf mini footballs with the fins attached. Should make a reasonable target.

A mini gun scaled down to 22lr might be small enough to be carried by the individual and have some other battlefield capabilities.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
X10.

Anyone dumb enough to believe that they could just shoot them down with daddy’s ol 870 Wingmaster is living in fantasy land. Even if some how effective the other side is dictating to you the weapon (shotguns with birdshot) that you have to carry 24/7 while being chased by drones.

Probably the same guys that believe that there Rem 700 30-06 deer rifle is all that they need to fight in modern warfare.

Or that call suppressive fire “spray and pray” or believe that they’ll never miss in a firefight and see no need for anything more than a revolver.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Steve...

Impressive...

Thanks for posting that.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

That was my point when I responded to the retard.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

What about it, retard?

All about the targeting system; gun is blind w/o it.

My son was in the navy & they had mini-guns with camera guided targeting systems & they were awesome to see perform.

MM

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
If it comes to our neighborhoods guerilla tactics will play out. A lot of us grandpas will never know if our efforts made life better for our grandkids

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ain't nuthin' gonna happen.

MM

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A

Armor is heavy. It reduces range and payload.

Developpement's going the direction of cheap and disposible, with some being made of cardboard. They are shipped flat and assembled near the point of use. Fold them like origami, slap in a battery, motor and warhead, and off they go.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A

The Russian's are getting very good at jamming Ukrainian drones. Of course the jammers make a great target for anti-radiation missiles.

Israelies recently conducted a successful test of their new laser based anti-drone/rocket system "Iron Beam".

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
They have the same systems around certain embassies.

They can even hit stray mortar rounds which is kinda creepy.

Terminator was a true story. LOL

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O

What about it, retard?

All this naysaying about the shotgun idea. How hard is it to hit a mostly stationary object 100’ above the ground as it’s about to release its payload on you? Many of these rooskies are fully aware that there is a drone above them and all they can do is beg or pray. Many of the explosives also appear to detonate on impact and be about the size of one of those nerf mini footballs with the fins attached. Should make a reasonable target.

A mini gun scaled down to 22lr might be small enough to be carried by the individual and have some other battlefield capabilities.

With the armament capacities growing on the smaller drones, I’d have to believe by the time the drone came within shotgun range and you were successful in hitting it you’re dead as well.
Something with more reach would be needed.

Osky

A woman's heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth and I can find no sign on it.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A

Now if someone would just pair that with a 30mm autocannon, proximity fused ammo and stick it on a pickup, oh, wait, what are those crazy Aussies up to?

https://eos-aus.com/defence/counter-drone-systems/slinger/

High precision weapon platform weighing less than 400 kg

Fully stabilised for on-the-move operation

Echodyne ultra-low size, weight, and power (SWaP) 4D targeting radar with active beamsteering ESA

4-axis sighting system with sensor unit that moves independently of the gun in both elevation and azimuth

Exquisite pointing technology for extreme accuracy

Bushmaster M230LF 30 x 113mm cannon

Lightweight 30 mm Proximity Sensing Ammunition with radio frequency proximity-fuzed, high explosive, fragmentation round

Wind sensor.

Oerlikon is doing something similar, but they're putting it on an APC chassis.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A little publicized development on the modern battlefield is the deployment of armored Walls of Sound to play dramatic music while the other super weapons drive around looking badass...

[Linked Image from hagerty-media-prod.imgix.net]

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
[quote=Steve]Guy's, Once the drone is up about 200 ft you'll have a hard time seeing or hearing it. First time you'll realize that the drone is anywhere around you is when the grenade lands next to you.

Now if someone would just pair that with a 30mm autocannon, proximity fused ammo and stick it on a pickup, oh, wait, what are those crazy Aussies up to?

https://eos-aus.com/defence/counter-drone-systems/slinger/

High precision weapon platform weighing less than 400 kg

Fully stabilised for on-the-move operation

Echodyne ultra-low size, weight, and power (SWaP) 4D targeting radar with active beamsteering ESA

4-axis sighting system with sensor unit that moves independently of the gun in both elevation and azimuth

Exquisite pointing technology for extreme accuracy

Bushmaster M230LF 30 x 113mm cannon

Lightweight 30 mm Proximity Sensing Ammunition with radio frequency proximity-fuzed, high explosive, fragmentation round

Wind sensor.

Oerlikon is doing something similar, but they're putting it on an APC chassis.

[/quote

Can the radar be jammed?? Can primitive artillery take it out??Lol. You should stick to pushing the ineffective Covid vaccine and repeated boosters. That seemed to be your knowledge speciality

Last edited by ribka; 11/26/23.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
A little publicized development on the modern battlefield is the deployment of armored Walls of Sound to play dramatic music while the other super weapons drive around looking badass...

[Linked Image from hagerty-media-prod.imgix.net]

[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I think they do.

My son was at one recently and explained that capability. Said they were shoulder fired. But never had any pics.

The DB is hand held but not shoulder mounted. Like a radar gun. Would be nice to have a fold-able stock on it, though.

Carpe' Scrotum
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

I think they do.

The DB is hand held but not shoulder mounted. Like a radar gun. Would be nice to have a fold-able stock on it, though.

Might have been something different. He said they were used regularly.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
The biggest advantage drones produce is their scouting function. A relatively tiny drone equipped with a camera can locate positions and send back its GPS coordinates. That ability combined with GPS guided artillery makes the battlefield a very sketchy place to be.

It's difficult to get any truly reliable information about the technology that's being used by Russia. But it's been reported several times that Russia has developed the ability to jam the guidance systems of many types of high tech munitions. I would assume that if Russia has that ability, all first world militaries also have it or soon will.

It makes me believe that any future large battles will largely be decided by which side has the best ability to negate the opponent's weapons guidance abilities.

It also makes me believe that governments will need to start thinking very hard about whether they want to get involved with making war. If the enemy has the ability to put a 500 lb warhead in your personal toilet, you might want to sleep on it before you stir up some schitt with them.

Maybe that's a good thing? I guess it depends.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Bristoe
It also makes me believe that governments will need to start thinking very hard about whether they want to get involved with making war. If the enemy has the ability to put a 500 lb warhead in your personal toilet, you might want to sleep on it before you stir up some schitt with them.

Maybe that's a good thing? I guess it depends.

They’ll just build a better toilet.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
About time to post this again.

You girls keep posting videos of systems that won't be there to save you from the drone swarm.

I choose to rely on training and cutting edge rifles.

John Burns

I have all the sources.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
LMAO

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

You girls keep posting videos of systems that won't be there to save you from the drone swarm.

"Two in a row!" Some swarm.

Carpe' Scrotum
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Pathetic.

Paul

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Thermal is pretty difficult to beat depending on location and foliage…

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

You'll die just like you've lived.

Alone.

LOL

J
Jeffrey Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J

What? No crossers?

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Some people who drink alcohol experience an unpleasant phenomenon called the alcohol flush reaction. The primary feature of the alcohol flush reaction is a red face—or flush—but it can also be accompanied by hives, nausea, low blood pressure, the worsening of asthma, or an episode of migraine.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

An F connector, very Russian of them.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A

Seems like something I expect from the Lithuania's and Israelis, not the Russians.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B

It appears to be hand held. I can only assume that it's meant to disrupt the signal that guides a drone. If so, I wonder what its range is.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

It appears to be hand held. I can only assume that it's meant to disrupt the signal that guides a drone. If so, I wonder what its range is.

That's not hand held.

Carpe' Scrotum
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
the US Air Force is scary.

US Army drones

"Russia sucks."
---- Me, US Army (retired) 12B & 51B

Russian Admiral said, after the Moskva sank, "we have the world's worst navy but we aren't as bad as our army".

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

65 members (7mm_Loco, BlackHunter, blackhawk44, aaronward9, 10gaugemag, big_g270, 6 invisible), 1,541 guests, and 845 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,557
Posts18,510,439
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.