Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
J
Jeffrey Online Content OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
If you’re watching any of the footage coming from Ukraine, then you’re aware of what modern warfare looks like.

Drones.

Unassuming victims are picked off individually or in small groups by simple drones dropping grenades, or by kamikaze drones that chase the enemy down and blow them to bits on impact. Quite terrifying if you’re the guy on the ground.

My question is, how do you fight back against them? My initial thought is a shotgun loaded with magnum shot, maybe 5 or 6 size, with a moderately choked barrel. There are some videos of Russians trying to shoot down drones with various small arms, but I’ve yet to see a Rooskie with a shotgun.

I fear the next step is automated drones (AI) that hunt down enemy drones. The Terminator series of movies has never seemed more relevant.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Automated drones are just a technological step beyond CIWS.
CIWS being AI controlling a robotic gun, 1980s tech. And standard issue
in bigger ships for decades.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
J
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
When this is going on half a world away, it goes easily under the radar. But in the event that we were were attacked by a tyrannical government, or by extremists, we could easily see this sort of thing on American soil.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
All I'm gonna say is, Pull! Then shoot in front of it.

Medics bury their mistakes..
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
All that skeet shooting over the years is finally gonna be useful...

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Pretty much exactly what I was thinking.
There’s a war coming, right now it’s cold and spiritual.
But if you’re a good guy, you need to be thinking about it and preparing for it.
Right now the bad guys are calling the shots. They’re actually preparing the population to accept cold blooded murder of you by using words like “domestic terrorist, white separatist” and “a threat to democracy”.
It make no mistake. I promise you, if you believe in the ideals that made America number one.
YOU ARE A THREAT THAT THEY WANT TO ELIMINATE!!!
Edited to add this.
I’m a white US Army veteran, I’m a practicing Christian, and I’m a gun owner.
Can you really think of a bigger threat to a crooked bureaucrat than guys like me?
Reon

Last edited by 7mmbuster; 11/25/23.

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

J
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
I know it’s illegal to shoot down a drone, but what if it is your drone? The testing has to start somewhere.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
How about jamming the radio signal with possibly a microwave device. Or shining a laser at the drone. The difficulty would be to detect the drone before it zeroes in on you.

J
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Old Ornery
How about jamming the radio signal with possibly a microwave device. Or shining a laser at the drone. The difficulty would be to detect the drone before it zeroes in on you.

If you watch the videos, many Rooskies know the drone is above in the final seconds before it drops its payload. This is why I think a shotgun at hand might be your best and only hope.

Also, most grenades/bombs drop for about 3 seconds, which would put the drones a little less than 100’ AGL.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by bufaf
All that skeet shooting over the years is finally gonna be useful...

It's possible that skill set might prove useful.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
Never waste an opportunity to brag or promote yourself. Sad.

GOA
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Wouldn't military drones be armored against something like shotgun pellets?

J
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Phillip_Nesmith

I don’t know, but from what I can tell these are simple little drones. I don’t know if they have been produced and designed for combat.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jeffrey
If you’re watching any of the footage coming from Ukraine, then you’re aware of what modern warfare looks like.

Drones.

Unassuming victims are picked off individually or in small groups by simple drones dropping grenades, or by kamikaze drones that chase the enemy down and blow them to bits on impact. Quite terrifying if you’re the guy on the ground.

My question is, how do you fight back against them? My initial thought is a shotgun loaded with magnum shot, maybe 5 or 6 size, with a moderately choked barrel. There are some videos of Russians trying to shoot down drones with various small arms, but I’ve yet to see a Rooskie with a shotgun.

I fear the next step is automated drones (AI) that hunt down enemy drones. The Terminator series of movies has never seemed more relevant.

This is the product that I helped develop and write all the SW for, before I retired. Did a lot of testing on it. I will stop a drone mid-flight and the send it in the direction that the dronebuster is pointing. The drone operator is jammed out and un-able to control the drone at all. It's very simple to use. Point it at the drone and pull the trigger.

[Linked Image from unmannedairspace.info]

https://www.unmannedairspace.info/c...ne-device-features-satellite-navigation/

Carpe' Scrotum
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You people who think you'd just shoot down these drones with shotguns are in so far over your heads they'd have to pump daylight to you.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Stickfight
You people who think you'd just shoot down these drones with shotguns are in so far over your heads they'd have to pump daylight to you.

Who uses a shotgun?

John Burns

I have all the sources.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by JohnBurns

Might.

If ya can get the drone ta fly straight and level away from ya, but not until ya tell it to.

While ya throw bullets over the horizon.

Maybe if ya can get the drone ta hover, ya could hit more than 25%.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Phillip_Nesmith

I see depleted uranium flechettes on the horizon. Possibly with self guided micro logic AI involved.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Guy's, Once the drone is up about 200 ft you'll have a hard time seeing or hearing it. First time you'll realize that the drone is anywhere around you is when the grenade lands next to you.

The Dronebuster SNA that I talked about had some sensors that allowed you to detect the various RF frequencies that drones use. It also had directional antennas that allowed you to narrow in on the drone. There was an LED strength indicator that would give you an idea how close it was to you.

There is more that other companies were doing regarding electronic detection, disabling, and destruction, but I'm not at liberty to discuss it. Suffice it to say it's not that hard of a problem and it it actively being addressed.

Carpe' Scrotum
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Fubarski
Originally Posted by JohnBurns

Might.

If ya can get the drone ta fly straight and level away from ya, but not until ya tell it to.

While ya throw bullets over the horizon.

Maybe if ya can get the drone ta hover, ya could hit more than 25%.

Post up your video showing your skill set.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

You most likely don't know this but drone attacking comes right straight at a guy. Easier shot than a going away clay.

Up you game, the drones are coming.

Originally Posted by EYEBALL
[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

John Burns

I have all the sources.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

569 members (204guy, 12344mag, 257wthbylover, 10gaugemag, 257 roberts, 19rabbit52, 60 invisible), 2,264 guests, and 1,279 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,505
Posts18,509,246
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.