Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
I thought about buying it, but then thought about the 2 I almost bought a couple years ago, that were just as original, but in better condition. Both rifles were $800 each. I almost kick myself in the azz for not buying both of those rifles now!!!

Check this one out, let me know if you see anything weird

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
GB1

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I recently purchased one that was a little more costly and I feel in a bit better, because I could hold it in my hand.

If your a leftist, whatever Donald Trump says or does, that pisses you off rest assured, I am a Happy Camper!
B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by knivesforme
I recently purchased one that was a little more costly and I feel in a bit better, because I could hold it in my hand.

Probably one that was at the shop you told me about. I went there a couple weeks ago, but most of the ones you told me about were gone. Slim pickings anyway. They had a 30-06 transition that wasn't too bad of a deal at $749.00. Had a "custom" stock and it's original stock with it too. The original was cut down though, and a recoil pad added!!! Clover leaf tang rifle. The original stock was probably worth $250.00 to someone, maybe more? Those stocks are getting harder to find.

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Perry usually prices quite reasonably; however that one has a bit more stock wear/flaking than I would like to see at that price.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
Perry usually prices quite reasonably; however that one has a bit more stock wear/flaking than I would like to see at that price.

It definitely has some honest wear. I'd say it's all original, but has been used. Doesn't look like any funny business going on with it. Doesn't appear to have been shot much either. Good when considering a 243. I haven't seen any 243 fwt's, when out and about, for a while. I agree, I wish it was cleaner as well. I'm not buying it, but wanted to show an original fwt. It seems we always see the ones that have been modified in some way. Some totally put together, and some that we should steer clear of. The one that someone posted a couple weeks ago, that sold on gunbroker for $1,900+ was a put together mess of a rifle. The lowcomb featherweight 308 win that was made in 1951, ha ha.. Someone got taken on that rifle.

BSA MAGA
IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I’d agree with AKW, but if I really wanted one I don’t think it’s real far out of line.

Semper Fi
B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by beretzs
I’d agree with AKW, but if I really wanted one I don’t think it’s real far out of line.

I agree with you guys. I've also seen worse for much more. I've also seen better for much less. Just how it works out with these model 70's. Now, if I could find a cherry one for $1,000.00, I'd be all over it!! ha ha..

BSA MAGA
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
I thought about buying it, but then thought about the 2 I almost bought a couple years ago, that were just as original, but in better condition. Both rifles were $800 each. I almost kick myself in the azz for not buying both of those rifles now!!!

The front sight base has considerable setback from the muzzle?

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

I agree with you guys. I've also seen worse for much more. I've also seen better for much less. Just how it works out with these model 70's. Now, if I could find a cherry one for $1,000.00, I'd be all over it!! ha ha..

Same here BSA. I’d trip over myself to get it out of the store.

Semper Fi
B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B

Same here BSA. I’d trip over myself to get it out of the store.

Ha ha..

BSA MAGA
IC B3

B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by 3dtestify

That's typical. Here's my 1956 270 fwt to show a comparison:
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

They look kind of goofy, but just how they are. To be honest, my 270 fwt was a lot more worn when I got it. Compared to the 243 in the OP. It shoots damn well though and I don't have to worry too much about beating it up. There's value in a rifle like that too. One reason I like shooter grades. With that being said, the 270 fwt is probably my most beat up rifle. Maybe one of the last ones I'd get rid of too?

BSA MAGA
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P

They look kind of goofy, but just how they are. To be honest, my 270 fwt was a lot more worn when I got it. Compared to the 243 in the OP. It shoots damn well though and I don't have to worry too much about beating it up. There's value in a rifle like that too. One reason I like shooter grades. With that being said, the 270 fwt is probably my most beat up rifle. Maybe one of the last ones I'd get rid of too?

I thought you didn’t like 270’s

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
Hunter S. Thompson
B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Poconojack

I thought you didn’t like 270’s

I don't too much. The same can be said for the 308win. However, there's versatility in the cartridge. That is undeniable though. Always have been a 30-06 fan, through and through. Lets face it though, the 270 fwt is worth more than a regular ol common 30-06. Even a "shooter" grade, such as the one I have.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I looked at that one and thought the same thing. Nice rifle, nice price, no need for it.

"Miss Jean Louise, stand up. Your father's passin.'"

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

87 members (Anaconda, 7mm_Loco, 444Matt, 1_deuce, 338reddog, 79S, 8 invisible), 1,527 guests, and 745 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,368
Posts18,488,296
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.