Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Scotty
One of my next projects is to load up 270 with 150 grain Nosler partitions with some R-26. I am hoping for some good results.

Now ewe our joust teeing tha piss mate... deems sheep fookahs down udder say it want weak. Gitcha closet dan 200 meterlogicals hoe yews dun knackered fur shiz, ya needsin doit sews yous can bag yer bangin matey.

"Social order at the expense of Liberty is hardly a bargain” de Sade
"He who'll not reason is a Bigot, he who cannot is a Fool, and he who dares not is a Slave."SirWilliamDrummond

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
it performed just like a powerbelt muzzleloader bullet that most people hate.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by srwshooter
it performed just like a powerbelt muzzleloader bullet that most people hate.

Why do people dislike them?

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I shot a 240lb Whitetail buck in Iowa in December 2016 with a 338 grain Powerbelt Platinum bullet. Entered quartering to me at 111 yards. Perfectly mushroomed bullet found poking though the offside hide outside the ribcage during skinning. I hate em alright.

Ron
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
Orwell
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Recovered Powerbelt. Sorry for hijacking the thread.

Ron

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
Orwell
IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
MWN, It is a nice-looking bullet, typical of the Partitions I have recovered over the years. I myself collect recovered bullets with well over 100 documented and about 75 un-documented, (obtained from a meat processing plant). I shot Partitions handloads exclusively for decades then decided that the remainder of my hunting career I would use factory ammo, just to see how they preform. This year all I got was a deer tag, shot a fair sized 2 point on the last day, using a 30/06 and factory 220 grain Winchester Power point. I waited till it faced me and was able to recover the bullet. Classic expansion.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Nosler makes very good stuff...

SPS runs really great sales on their blems...

https://www.shootersproshop.com/shop/in-stock/all-in-stock/bullets.html

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
They killers sure enough

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
But what about all of that lead you'll be eating???🤣🤣🤣

Looks good to me.

Yum yum

Share that “deer bolonny” at the next church business meeting. Always insist your processor smokes, dips cope, and 3 bandaids on his fingers.
Ask for the wound canal and shock clots to be never wasted. LOL

ole boy sliced me some of his cold cut and it had shiny lead glitter in it. 🤙👏🏻🤣🤮
Always process yourself ⭐️🕺🏽

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Looks a lot like all my recovered A-Frames. wink

I like Nosler Partitions. But I love Swift A-Frames.

Carpe' Scrotum
IC B3

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
Originally Posted by SupFoo
Originally Posted by earlybrd
I recovered a 270 interlock yesterday👍👍

Pics?
Or it never happened😜

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I am surprised it did not exit. But I bet you take the same shot five times in a row and have a different outcome Meaning and exit, at least one of the five shots.

J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by MWN
Recovered under the off-side hide. It's a .270 Nosler 150 grain. Fired from a 22" barrel about a grain back from max.

Shot broadside into a large bodied whitetail buck at 300 yards. Broke both shoulders and it went down in a heap. The bullet was an obvious lump on the off side.

The recovered bullet weighed 93 grains (62%). The front of the bullet opened until the mantle. The jacket peeled back with four petals. The max width of the expansion was .584 (although it was ~oval shaped and thus thinner in the middle).

About what you'd expect out of a Nosler partition and I enjoy doing bullet autopsies when I can.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Perfect.....can't ask for more in a hunting bullet. Partitions have been kicking ass for well over 60 years.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Nice bullet recovery but in all fairness you can kill a deer with just about any bullet ever made.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Calvin
Nice bullet recovery but in all fairness you can kill a deer with just about any bullet ever made.

Yeah, but sometimes finding a big buck after the shot can be a real pain in the ass.

I remember a guy who shot several times hitting and missing with a 7 Mag in NM once. He finally got close to the dying cow elk and put a couple rounds through her side. It stood there with legs splayed until he went back to his truck and got something bigger. He returned and whacked her between the eyes with a ball-peen hammer and she dropped like a rock.

At the end of the hunt the camp guys presented him with a hammer mounted in a rectangular wooden box.

Last edited by jaguartx; 11/26/23.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BALLISTIK
Anyone who cares to learn stuff about bullet terminal performance, suggest you read through Terminal Ballistics Research

Another good site for bullet terminal performance is Nosler Forum. Besides good information, it has the added advantage of knowledgeable and polite posters.

MWN, you started a good thread. Bullet terminal performance is an interesting subject. Post those pics in the Nosler Forum, they will be delighted.

I thought you were an odd duck from the beginning, much like myself, and many gave you grief for your excessive threads about current events, but most thread bearers in the HC fall into that definition, so I gave you a pass, and I usually saw some sense of logical continuance in you, but now...I seriously cannot decide if you are a bot or an inept twat. I'm currently leaning toward the idea that you are a bot programed by inept twats.

Please, describe in single words only, the good things that come into your mind, about your mother.

Sometimes I think writers write when they should read. I remember in college, they said “those that could, did and those that couldn’t, taught”.

I have found that I keep shooting whatever is still standing and then I can make my own table of ballistic data found in my pockets after the hunt. Have bullets failed? Maybe in some circles, but when you get a bullet out of a dead animal, something worked…

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Scotty
One of my next projects is to load up 270 with 150 grain Nosler partitions with some R-26. I am hoping for some good results.

I wouldn’t do that.

150 partitions are a pre-9/11 bullet design.

Originally Posted by shrapnel
I probably hit more elk with a pickup than you have with a rifle.

Originally Posted by JohnBurns
I have yet to see anyone claim Leupold has never had to fix an optic. I know I have sent a few back. 2 MK 6s, a VX-6, and 3 VX-111s.
S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by bellydeep
Originally Posted by bellydeep
Who writes that garbage on “Terminal Ballistics Research”?

Why don't you read his bio for yourself.

Nathan & Stephanie Foster
Urenui, Taranaki,
New Zealand

Here's a "nice snippet" you missed because you didn't:

As I write these lines, Steph and I have accounted for over eight thousand head of medium to large game since we first started hunting together way back in 1991. Our wonderful daughter Riley also helps in the field and is always a pleasure to work with. We have been infinitely blessed to have such a magnificent soul in our lives.

Don’t believe everything you read on the internet.

Do you really believe .270’s were unreliable killers past 100???

And that it was somehow affected by 9/11???

Gullible AF.
Read it everywhere on the inner toob. Once the creedmud came out game became bulletproof to everything else.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
That dude on TBR is all over the board and makes statements that contradict reality from every else around the world.

As far as the .270 goes, there have been too many big animals from elk to moose, grizz et al that have been killed with 130's, 150's,....premium bullets, hand loads, factory C&C you name it. My step father passed away last year at 100. He started hunting elk in Colorado in 1948-49 with his Win. Mod 70 in .270. He killed everything with factory ammo and when I hunted with him in the mid 1980's he was using rem. 130 grain bronze points and continued using that combo until he switched to 300 Weatherby only because he got a great deal on Colt Saur and he liked pretty wood and thought the 300 would make them more deader. Thing is his first 4 doz.+ elk that fell to the .270 weren't any less dead than the next doz. killed with the 300.

“Some ideas are so stupid that only intellectuals believe them.”
― G. Orwell

"Why can't men kill big game with the same cartridges women and kids use?"
_Eileen Clarke

"Unjust authority confers no obligation of obedience."
- Alexander Hamilton

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Dumped a coyote the other day at 368 yards. He failed to catch the 130gr pro hunter.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

576 members (007FJ, 219DW, 12344mag, 160user, 10gaugemag, 222ND, 63 invisible), 2,323 guests, and 1,279 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,276
Posts18,486,677
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.