-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Has anybody ever been on a jury that voted to nullify charges on a defendant who you thought was being railroaded by "the justice system"??

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
One would think the judge should do that.. unless a political operative.

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by GeoW

Look at the multiple persecutions of Trump that are going on right now and tell me how many judges you see that aren't political operatives.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
True, it's a damned shame. Another branch of govt in the swamp deeper and deeper.

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
what we have down here in my liberal town/county, are judges and State Attorneys that either drop the charges, take a plea deal, or ignore sentencing guidelines or release on recognizance. We officially have little crime, since virtually none is prosecuted. Blacks, the homeless, left wing thugs like BLM and antifa get a free ride.

Sam......

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Crow hunter

Look at the multiple persecutions of Trump that are going on right now and tell me how many judges you see that aren't political operatives.

This^^^^^^^^^^^^^

About as scarce as hen's teeth.

MM

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Letting the scumbags out into the general public instead of jailing them might be a good idea- - - -they're way too hard to snipe from half a mile away when they're locked up!

I was foreman on a jury in a pot-selling trial that "failed to convict" one of two defendants who seemed to be getting a raw deal. It was a "Hung jury"- - - -not an actual acquittal. We awarded the main perpetrator the purple shaft, though! I don't think the judge was very upset with the one guy getting off, and the prosecutor didn't seem to be too inclined to try for a second trial.

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
what we have down here in my liberal town/county, are judges and State Attorneys that either drop the charges, take a plea deal, or ignore sentencing guidelines or release on recognizance. We officially have little crime, since virtually none is prosecuted. Blacks, the homeless, left wing thugs like BLM and antifa get a free ride.

Schools do the same thing: "We have significantly reduced disciplinary referrals over the last X months!" Translated, that means "We have forbidden the staff to refer students who cause trouble. (Along with abandoning them, we will not allow them to deal with problems in an effective manner.")

Last edited by 5sdad; 11/26/23.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Hide actuality under tons of paperwork - the facts don't need to come out!

In other words, s--t can be covered up - given enough toilet paper!

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
I,I,I say Thar Boy ..

Lindsay and I have Built a Impenetrable Judicial System around the Country especially the Circuits around Mordor..

We’ve created Linebackers are Every Step all the Way up to that Loser Jolly Roger and that Virtue Signaler Coney Island ..

Ya ..

You ain’t seen No Standing used like this Before

Derek He Ain’t Standing ..

Due Process ain’t Standing..

I,I,I say Thar Lindsay that’s Enough Mouth’n go back to Gobbling..

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by Crow hunter

About right.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I complain about this whenever I can. My Dad was foreman on a murder trial jury. They got sequestered and everything. There was a gag order and he never said a word. He took that to his grave. I was the only one who knew because my friend's dad was on the local police department and they had to provide some security support so that's how I knew it was a murder trial. Come on, Dad! We wanna know!

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

573 members (257 roberts, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 204guy, 257wthbylover, 10gaugemag, 61 invisible), 2,283 guests, and 1,283 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,505
Posts18,509,246
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.