Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by shrapnel
just ask Sully and why he ditched the airliner in the harbor…

Uhh, it was a river...... It's all about placement....

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Another story said it was a .45

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/l3-f...m=guest_mobile_web&utm_campaign=copy

Costlow's Suicide "Death By Cop" Via Curious Series Of Incidents -

On Sunday February 6, 2021 when Kevin Costlow got behind the 'steering wheel' of his Volkswagen sedan and began driving, he became involved in two ( 2 ) automobile accidents within the State of Maryland ( at Olney Laytonsville Road and Fieldcrest Road ).

Whereupon exiting his vehicle, according to witnesses, Costlow initially appeared disoriented ( thought he might be in the country of "England" ) and began acting in somewhat of an "altered state" of behavior.

The incidents saw confrontations ensue between Costlow and two ( 2 ) drivers as 911 emergency calls were being made.

Costlow Rendered In-To A Super-Soldier / Zombie Or Something Else -

Shortly thereafter, State of Maryland, County of Montgomery Sheriff's Department Deputy Supervisor enroute to his Rockville, Maryland office suddenly appears on the scene near the traffic accident, facing agitated suspect Kevin Gerard Costlow who - while steadily walking with a wooden stick in his right hand - uses his left hand to briefly display what was hidden under his dark-colored blazer / coat, an 'identity badge / card' pinned thereunder to the left-side of his black t-shirt' ( adjacent to its insignia, bearing two phrases, which read: "DEATH WAITS IN THE DARK" and "NIGHT STALKERS" ) while continuing to speak and swing his wooden stick in an attack on that law enforcement officer who eventually fires his .45 caliber semi-automatic handgun approximately twelve ( 12 ) times at point blank range directly into the chest of Costlow who continues walking upright, steadily and swiftly forward, 'never flinching his eyes or body' whereafter eventually falling to the street pavement on his right-side, then rolls onto his back while continuing to breathe, with his eyes wide open, moving his head slowly, in addition to his left arm and left hand where his fingers initially motion as-though to say farewell / good-bye, then he moves his left arm and hand downward to the left-side of his blazer / jacket.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
. . . The Miami shooting is the classic case.
That dude was shot dead before he committed much of his carnage.
But he didn't quit until his body failed.

IIRC Michael Platt was hit about a dozen times
by the agents, and at least 2 good torso hits
that should have been fatal.
I'm thinking that the official report said that
one just barely reached within a pinch of
hitting the heart but didn't
have enough soup to plow on through

Agent Mireles had to finish the job with
his 12ga and 357mag with his arm shot
to hamburger by the criminals

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Determined humans are able to soak up lots of .35 caliber pistol bullets. It's a lesson we've been having to relearn for over 100 years at this point. Advancement in bullet technology still can't overcome the law of physics.

Something that starts with a .4 at or near 200 grains traveling at or near 1000 fps has always been the answer.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Mental illness, pistol rounds, small hammer, big nail scenario. That guy showed little reaction to being shot other than, eventually dying!

IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by asheepdog
Should have made a head shot at that range, one and done!
Heads aren't nearly as easy a target as torso, due to smaller size and more mobility of the head.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Salmonella
My old ranch manager needed to put down a horse.
Not knowing much about firearms, he used his Glock 9.

Shot after shot, that poor fughking horse suffered.

He had a model 94 win but didn't consult me.
Millions of steers have been butchered with 22LR between the eyes. Where the heck was he aiming? 1/2 way between the eye and the ear works great. I butchered a llama with a 9mm behind the eye and it was a complete pass through.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
LE options:

9mm < .556 < .330x15

Save our kids - shoot your local drug dealer.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
There's a lot of guys commenting in here who don't know chit.

And a select few who do.

This very video has been hashed out at least a couple of times here in the past... But what's old is new. smile

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by COLORADO_LUCKYDOG
Holy Fuggk! If someone tells my that was a nine, I'll only carry my 45's from now on and my .380's are for sale!
The US Marines had the same problem with the Moro Tribesmen of the Philippines. It caused the US Military to pull the old SAA Colts (.45 Colt) out of storage and ship them over there to replace their current issue .38 revolvers. Solved the problem, by all accounts.

I’ve read different.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
IC B3

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Don't know what happened before the video....shoulda been an easy case for the taser, but did the officer have one? Woulda been fun to watch that dude ride the lightning.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Taser may not have worked. It may have had no effect on the crazy guy. Plus if he tried to Tazer him due to the distance there would have been much spread on the probes so way less effected area, if it worked at all. He already had his pistol out, no time to transition to the tazer.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Yeah, when a lone cop is being attacked with a potentially deadly weapon that isn't the time for him to pull a Taser. If the prongs don't embed in the skin, they don't work at all. Now you're holding a relatively ineffective stun gun in your hand instead of something that can save your life, and you don't have other cops with guns at the ready in case that happens.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by COLORADO_LUCKYDOG
Holy Fuggk! If someone tells my that was a nine, I'll only carry my 45's from now on and my .380's are for sale!
The US Marines had the same problem with the Moro Tribesmen of the Philippines. It caused the US Military to pull the old SAA Colts (.45 Colt) out of storage and ship them over there to replace their current issue .38 revolvers. Solved the problem, by all accounts.

That's a comparison between two round nosed lead projectiles. I suspect a modern 9mm with an expanding bullet would be more effective that a round nose 38.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Well, he fired until the threat was down. I think he did ok.

Shooting at an advancing moving target, swinging a long stick at him, while the officer was walking backwards and ducking that stick.

I don't think the brain shot would be as easy as one might think, even at close range.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Well the crazy dude’s demons are all gone now.

Black Cows Matter!
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
I've never studied combat wound trauma, but I'd say the medical experts have no clue...I'd bet a thousand guys here on the fire have completely shredded a deer or elk heart...and watched in astonishment as the animal ran away for considerable distances...not stumbling, staggering...in a well coordinated normal looking run. I read where the cop had a .45, supposedly a manstopper.
My SIL used to haul livestock, the law dictated that injured animals be put down ASAP to alleviate suffering, the .22 to the brain was the no drama, no rodeo, method used by everyone in the industry.
Even though head and spine shots under stress are very difficult to make...I wonder if in training there should be more emphasis on brain/spine shots rather than center mass? I wonder what SWAT training identifies as the primary target? Or stick with massive trauma by
just going back in history, the .476 Webley hollow base-hollow point was reported to be the 'right stuff' for thuggee types high on hash...it must have been effective, it was disallowed at the Hague convention of 1899.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
9mm goes thu 6 , 2x6 hem fir spaced 2" apart and from 6'...
knocks the next one down / when I was playing one time .....that guys on drugs

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Wondering about this but was once told shooting someone in the pelvis would put them on the ground?

I guess because it would absorb so much energy? ? ?

For any further folks who want to repeat already made assumptions without the pain of reading the above posts....

Weapon- reportedly a 45 semi-auto.

Toxicology - decedent was NOT on drugs or alcohol.

Race - decedant was not a practicing member of a Moro tribe.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by asheepdog
Should have made a head shot at that range, one and done!
Heads aren't nearly as easy a target as torso, due to smaller size and more mobility of the head.

JFC, that old saw applies only to those who don't train well. A competent shooter will run a failure drill as SOP.

The cop was a deputy supervisor and may wish to up his game. He did shoot the creep to the ground so he did his job but didn't win any style points.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

528 members (219 Wasp, 10gaugemag, 160user, 01Foreman400, 1234, 1lessdog, 63 invisible), 2,342 guests, and 1,273 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,325
Posts18,487,480
Members73,969
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.