Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 32 of 49 1 2 30 31 32 33 34 48 49
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Nestucca
Maddow. I wouldn’t know about her as I’m not a liberal khungt that rides a desk for .gov watching tv and posting on every thread that comes up on this site. All the while trying to put up the image of a patriot to blow up your ego. Old man now that’s funny shiit ya should come out and see if you could hang with me working. The offer stills stands to pick you up at the airport but no masks allowed.

Sure thing, gramps.

LOL

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
GB1

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Nestucca
I understand the point you were trying to make.

My point is that he said never worked for a job that required the jab.

If he worked for the BP he did.

^^^Look how stupid they are.^^^

LOL

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Steve
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
You think a union would push back against the jab mandate?

Here you go:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/immi...0-2148-11ec-b3d6-8cdebe60d3e2_story.html

The coronavirus took an immediate toll on U.S. Customs and Border Protection, and in the first months of the outbreak, the agency’s memorial pages highlighted the sacrifices of those killed through “diligent service to country during a worldwide pandemic.”

Dozens more names have been added to the memorial since then, marking the deadliest span in the agency’s history. But in recent months, CBP has not called attention to the deadly pathogen that killed them, leaving out any mention of the virus.

Police departments across the country are struggling with vaccine hesitancy, but at CBP, the nation’s largest law enforcement agency, the politics are especially fraught. With immigration arrests along the Mexican border soaring to the highest levels in decades, Republican lawmakers blame the Biden administration’s policies for exposing U.S. agents to greater risk, even as they denounce vaccine mandates that would help protect them.

President Biden’s order mandating federal employees to be fully vaccinated next month has generated anger in CBP’s ranks, particularly among conservative-leaning U.S. Border Patrol agents and the union that represents them. In recent weeks, leaders at the National Border Patrol Council (NBPC) have joined Republican lawmakers who allege the Biden administration is allowing migrants to spread the coronavirus in the United States and placing the CBP workforce at greater risk, while also opposing his vaccination order.

At least 47 CBP employees have died of covid-19 as of Tuesday , according to the agency, including one Border Patrol agent last month who was days from retirement. More than 11,400 have been infected with the deadly pathogen, about 19 percent of the workforce.

CBP does not publish a full breakdown of the covid-19 deaths by its sub-agencies, but the most dramatic spike in deaths this year appears to have been in the Border Patrol. The death toll in that agency has risen from three agents in 2020 to 11 so far in 2021, according to the union, media reports and online memorials.

A U.S. Border Patrol agent hands out masks to immigrant families after they crossed the U.S.-Mexico border on Aug. 13, 2021, in La Joya, Tex. (John Moore/Getty Images)

Five Border Patrol agents died of covid-19 in September alone. The dead include two men in the San Diego sector, each with a wife and three children, according to the sector’s posting on Facebook, which said only that they died “after struggling with a short term illness.”

One commenter asked: “Didn’t they die of COVID? if so, why not say so?”

CBP officials said they did not disclose the information for privacy reasons, but the union confirmed they died of covid-19.

The NBPC does not encourage members to get vaccinated and has said it would like to file a legal challenge to Biden’s mandate that all federal employees be immunized by Nov. 22, but it has not yet found lawyers willing to take the case.

The union president said the rising deaths saddened him but that the vaccines remain a “personal choice.”

“We are 100 percent opposed to a mandate for a vaccine that still, to this date, has proven that you can still get covid. We think that this is political,” Brandon Judd, president of the NBPC, said in an interview. “We believe that people should have the right to choose. If they choose to get vaccinated, good for them. If they choose not to, I think that’s their choice.”

Judd said he is vaccinated. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention says vaccines prevent severe illness and death, but the virus has remained the top killer of law enforcement officers in 2020 and 2021, said Chris Cosgriff, executive director of the Officer Down Memorial Page, which records all line-of-duty law enforcement deaths. The site does not track vaccination rates, but Cosgriff said some of those who died were vaccinated and many were not.

Customs officer deaths have outpaced the Border Patrol’s, as border agents tend to work outdoors and process fewer travelers daily, but they have slowed this year. At least 28 Customs officers have died of covid-19, according to online memorials and obituaries, including about a dozen this year.

In a typical year, CBP officers and agents process 1 million travelers a day, a number that slid to 650,000 during the first year of the pandemic as illegal immigration and travel and trade slowed. But air and sea travel has resumed and, together with illegal border crossings, their exposure has increased.

Front-line workers had early access to the vaccine, but Border Patrol Chief Raul Ortiz said in an Aug. 9 interview with The Post that vaccination rates varied widely, from a low of 30 percent of agents in the Rio Grande Valley sector in Texas, the busiest stretch on the Southwest border, to as high as 78 percent in other sectors along the border.

More than 70 percent of the CBP workforce has responded to voluntary surveys on vaccination status, and of those, 80 percent said they were immunized as of Sept. 21, CBP officials said in an email.

The agency has not said how many of the dead were unvaccinated. They include decorated military veterans, the parents of young children, and grandparents nearing retirement themselves. Most are men. They were special agents, agriculture inspectors, senior officers and members of tactical units.

Their deaths devastated families and co-workers, who wept at their funerals and started online fundraisers to pay medical expenses.

Edgardo Acosta-Feliciano, a big, broad-shouldered agent who patrolled the remote mountains and deserts of southern New Mexico, fell sick in mid-May. He told his wife it was the flu, and he trudged to work for two days, until he was gasping for breath.

Acosta-Feliciano and many of his co-workers didn’t get the vaccine, said his wife, Astrid Negroni. Neither did she.

“He was a veteran, and he got a lot of vaccinations in the Army, but he didn’t want it,” Negroni said, adding that he felt at the time that the vaccine was “experimental.”

Acosta-Feliciano battled the disease for two grueling months, spending his final weeks on a ventilator. He died July 31 at age 48.

“He was a strong, healthy person,” Negroni said, adding that she thinks he fell ill on the job. “He suffered so much.”

The FDA granted full approval to the first coronavirus vaccine in late August, but Negroni remained unconvinced. “Who trusts the government?” she said. “We don’t believe the Democrats, and Fauci,” referring to Anthony S. Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases and a leading administration voice on combating the pandemic.

Federal employees who remain unvaccinated will need to get their first shots by mid-October to meet the requirements of Biden’s mandate.

Rep. Jim Jordan (Ohio), the ranking Republican of the House Judiciary Committee, and Rep. Tom McClintock (Calif.), the ranking Republican of the subcommittee on immigration and citizenship, wrote Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas a letter last month criticizing him for “threatening to terminate a significant portion of the Customs and Border Protection (CBP) workforce.”

“It is simply unbelievable that the Biden administration will allow COVID-positive illegal aliens to surge across the border but will terminate dedicated law-enforcement officers who do not comply with President Biden’s mandate,” they wrote.

DHS officials have said they want to protect their workforce, not fire them.

Several agents said they expect most of their co-workers will eventually relent and grudgingly get the vaccine, including one, a paramedic working in the Rio Grande Valley, who said he’d take the “least-worst one.”

“Just because I work for the government doesn’t mean I trust them,” said the agent, who, like others, spoke on the condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to speak to reporters.

“Those who don’t want it should not be forced to take it under duress or the threat of job loss,” he said. The mandate allows exemptions for those with medical or religious beliefs.

Another border agent in Arizona who supports the vaccine and got his shots early this year said he’s seen his co-workers “furious” about Biden’s mandate.

“If anything it’s made them more defiant,” he said. “It’s become a point of pride for some agents, saying they’ll never get it. I suspect more agents will get it, but they’re going to wait until the last minute.”

The agent said he’s gotten so accustomed to placing a black mourning bands over his badge that “it’s just easier to leave it on all the time now.”

“There have been so many deaths,” he said. “It seems like the flags are always flying at half-staff.”

And from the BP union's twitter:

https://twitter.com/BPUnion/status/1420829927629156352

https://twitter.com/BPUnion/status/1420825895695044611
https://twitter.com/BPUnion/status/1420826892307890177
https://twitter.com/BPUnion/status/1420827915491581955

The rank hypocrisy displayed by the Biden Administration on mandatory vaccines is astounding. Illegal aliens, some infected with COVID, are encouraged to come here and thousands are released into unsuspecting communities. But Americans face job losses if they aren’t vaccinated.

Statement from NBPC President Brandon Judd on mandatory vaccinations:
While it appears a vaccine mandate might be legal, some employees are very concerned, and with good reason. It is one thing to mandate a vaccine that has full FDA approval. (1 of 3)

(2 of 3) It is quite another to order a person to get an experimental vaccine. While the vast majority of agents that I know, including myself, are vaccinated, we did so voluntarily. We believe mandating a vaccine that hasn’t been fully FDA approved is wrong.

(3 of 3) We support those who are hesitant to get an experimental vaccine and we respect their opinions and beliefs. Experimental vaccines should be a personal choice with each individual weighing the pros and cons, not a mandate from federal bureaucrats.

Puttin' that college education through its paces.

LOL

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I actually made a thread about it at the time. I did not get the jab. My employer had said they were going to require it, my daughter had/has a health condition that I could not afford to pay for without the insurance that was part of my employment.

That is the kind of thing I am talking about when I said you have no concept of what it means to be a head of household.

How'd it work out?

Kept the job. Sometimes the good guys win.

👍

What are you giving a thumbs up for?

You and Bleeder10 caved like kghunts.

LOL

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by irfubar
Entitled boomers won't hold a candle to the up coming entitled snowflake woke gen Z crowd when they take the reins

Were I friends with Bleeder10, I'd not be mentioning snowflakes.

Regardless of generation.

LOL

IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by rcamuglia
Does your family wonder why you sit on the couch 24 hours a day posting here?

At least he has a family to wonder.

You and Bleeder10 can't even knock a bitch up.

LOL

Left coast fugkin' losers.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
Originally Posted by rcamuglia
I remember and I get it.

But folding and compromising your integrity, doing something you absolutely know is bad for your health and may actually kill you for a job shows no confidence whatsoever in yourself to forge another path

It’s something weak slaves do

I would offer a counter point to Rick.

I didn't get jabbed but I know I just made a choice and there was no absolute proof that was the right decision at the time.

I know lots of people who got jabbed and they made that decision without absolutely knowing which was the best path.

The issue with Tactical Travis is his pathology of viciously attacking anyone who he thinks took the jab voluntarily while he was coerced in getting jabbed.

You can't blame a radid dog for trying to bite but you still have to put him down.

You can't blame a pathological liar for lying but you still have to call her out and put her down, metaphorically.

Originally Posted by Tactical Travis the Pathological Liar keeping his job
[Linked Image from external-content.duckduckgo.com]

Burns be like:

"I'm gonna drink this whole bottle and have deep thoughts this evening."

No wonder his best friend a horse.

LOL

PS-Your resume' is hilarious.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Beaver10
All 3 adopted?

🦫

Bleeder10,

Should you really be poking fun about adoption?

After your attempt to raise two little black children?

And their mother dumping your loser ass?

(Yes Bleeder10 has really shared this sob story on the Campfire)

LOL

Left coast fugkin' loser.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by shrapnel
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

I bet when they notice someone glued that Wyoming Arms sign up there they are going to be pissed. At least it can be reached from the roof so they won't have to rent a lift.

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A

Originally Posted by Bristoe
Yeah well,...you get toxic towards anyone who doesn't share your opinion on the Ukraine situation. so drop the "holier than thou" routine.

Quit being wrong and I won't seem so toxic. I don't have to suffer fools who can't understand how the world works.

The above is Bustin Ballz on Bristoe for funnzies. No harm is meant.

[Linked Image from external-content.duckduckgo.com]

If you read this far you understand that opinion is one thing and pathological lying is a different thing.

I can bust Bristoe's old ballz (and might be wrong) without pathologically lying.

Ukraine is something that many can disagree about without lying. It's not simple.

Objectively, Bristoe might be right or I might be right about the best course of action but only time will tell.

But we all know The Wizard is right, Right? grin

The above is Bustin Ballz for funnzies not pathologically lying to do damage.

IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by shrapnel
You are not the arbiter of the truth anymore than I am. We have opinions, thats all , including Travis

Tactical Travis is a proven pathological liar.

He does it for sport here on the Campfire and has for many, many years.

Objective truth is real and to say Tactical Travis is just saying his opinion is the exact enabling behaviour that has led him to this toxic place in his life.

So go ahead and keep enabling.

You're not doing him any favors.

Funny you should talk about liars. I personally visited this business and saw nothing of John Burns or anyone that would say anything positive about John Burns. 50 ARs a year isn’t much to brag about for a so-called rifle manufacturer. If John was a part owner, it wasn’t revealed at my presence. This picture was taken while the business was open, not an indication of a thriving gun company…

LMAO.....color me "not surprised".

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave
Entitled boomers won't hold a candle to the up coming entitled snowflake woke gen Z crowd when they take the reins

Were I friends with Bleeder10, I'd not be mentioning snowflakes.

Regardless of generation.

LOL

Flattery will get you nowhere with me....... smile

PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Listen, pard.

I am a gracious host and an exceptional guide.

You are a gracious host.

LOL

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Listen, pard.

You are a gracious host.

LOL

Well if you think I am a guide and know how to hunt the joke is on you..... smile

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
That may be true, I have no idea... but how are we to know? your rhetoric can be very toxic also...
I am curious in what way is Travis connected to the "industry" ?

I would agree that you have "no idea" because that's a different world than what we are doing here. No judgement.

Feel free to quote me being toxic in the context of attacking anyone who didn't throw the "first punch". I'll try to be better.

Tactical Travis has attended shooting instruction as a Border Patrol trainee and that's his attachment. He has also contacted individuals through other means.

To be fair, in the crowd I run with if you don't have haters on Social Media you are not moving the needle. I am well know to have moved the needle quite a bit.

24hr CF has a lot of positives but one must admitt there are more than a few toxic posters here that only live to attack others. It's really not a long list but we all know the posters here that only post attacks in a vain attempt to fill a hole in their soul.

Enabling that shitty behaviour only makes the site worse. Busting Ballz is fun because it's a very different thing and that's what sets 24hr apart.

It's always a bit funny to see some like you who is afraid of posting under your name telling guys like me and Rick C how this stuff all works.

Sack up and own your posts. Then you can talk.

Looking at you NannyGoatGruffHidingOnTheInternet.

How did I miss this fugking gem?

JohnnyGinBlossom,

You are in no way, shape, or form connected to any portion of the shooting "industry."

And every post you make, affirms it.

LOL

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Listen, pard.

You are a gracious host.

LOL

Well if you think I am a guide and know how to hunt the joke is on you..... smile

LOL

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hey Travis,
I have been advised that if I am not mean to you that makes me an enabler.........
Sooo... you toxic posting piece of human debris, you can GFY
Oh and your mom says hi..... smile

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Hey Travis,
I have been advised that if I am not mean to you that makes me an enabler.........
Sooo... you toxic posting piece of human debris, you can GFY
Oh and your mom says hi..... smile
This

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Feel free to quote me being toxic in the context of attacking anyone who didn't throw the "first punch".

Classic psycho admission, a la dirtball2.

Page 32 of 49 1 2 30 31 32 33 34 48 49

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

562 members (1beaver_shooter, 117LBS, 007FJ, 12344mag, 1badf350, 60 invisible), 1,919 guests, and 1,300 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,257
Posts18,525,226
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.