-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I see my 68 year old wife dragged the plastic christmas tree up the stairs.

Usually she gets me to do it or to help. Maybe she thinks I am too old.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
GB1

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
A bunch. Just went and cut a tree for the living room this afternoon. We'll be decorating it tonight. Got a 5'artificial we put up and decorate in the kitchen and a 3' for the bedroom. Plus lights around the windows and doorways in the living room, musical Christmas bells around the archway, lights in the tree in the front yard and around the porch railing and a lighted sled and reindeer in the front yard.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Last couple years I haven't put up the outdoor lights, it's a pain in the ass and when I get home from work just don't feel like creating more work. But around Thanksgiving wife and her sister caught me in a weakened state of drunkenness and coerced me into agreeing to put the damn lights up.

Beings I'm a man of my word I got er done last Monday. Took about three hours and I was replacing faulty bulbs(11 of them...) in the darkness but by God we have lights for Jesus!

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
that's the mrs' and granddaughters thing nowdays

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
The kids an grandkids came over and spent all day dragging stuff out. Some of the neighbors came and helped out ,so I got to watch and stay out of the way.

there is no man more free than he who has nothing left to lose --unknown--
" If it bleeds we can kill it" Conan The Barbarian
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
About an hour untangling and laying out the lights and three hours to put up while blowing out the eave troughs and then another hour to take down and put away.

My wife and kids decorate the tree and do the interior decorations.

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Me personally? None. Did all that when the kids were young. Now my wife does a tree in the front and one in the den. Three piece artificial trees with lights already on them.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I don't mind the decorations, but I haven't decorated in years being a bachelor. One thing that irritates me is seeing all the plastic sheit, that I KNOW came from china. If you are going to decorate make it yourself or buy from an American producer, otherwise save your cash as lights are good enough. There's no need to have $1000 worth of chineesium plastic on your lawn, same goes for Halloween. Maybe I'll get some lights put up for old time's sake, and they can stay up for as long as they work. I have thought about installing the new programmable LEDs, so that I can keep the lights up and change the colour depending on the holiday...might could.

"Social order at the expense of Liberty is hardly a bargain” de Sade
"He who'll not reason is a Bigot, he who cannot is a Fool, and he who dares not is a Slave."SirWilliamDrummond
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I don't spend any time decorating for any of the holidays.

Sam......

IC B3

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Last couple years I haven't put up the outdoor lights, it's a pain in the ass and when I get home from work just don't feel like creating more work. But around Thanksgiving wife and her sister caught me in a weakened state of drunkenness and coerced me into agreeing to put the damn lights up.

Beings I'm a man of my word I got er done last Monday. Took about three hours and I was replacing faulty bulbs(11 of them...) in the darkness but by God we have lights for Jesus!

Hahaha!

Good man.

Them Indian kids will have a nice warm Jesus glow to rob your shìt with now.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Spent about an hour today bringing in the tree and boxes of decorations from the shop. Now I'm done and it's in her hands. However, I'll probably hang the wreath on the door tomorrow. Gotta make sure the grandkids are happy!

Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I spent about two hours today fixing Christmas lights along the driveway. Drove my wife’s SUV and forgot there were there and ran about half of them.

Thanks, Billy
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by SamOlson

Hahaha!

Good man.

Them Indian kids will have a nice warm Jesus glow to rob your shìt with now.

LOL!

(we've been getting along so good and for so long that I'm starting to wonder when we gonna fight?!)

Last edited by SamOlson; 12/04/23.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
No time nor money.

I can better spend my time sleeping or buying gun related objects.

The cow is where you are, the bull is where you want to be.

No one gets something for nothing unless someone else got nothing for something.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
The wife does that and if needed i do some things to help.

But yea she does her thing and i have never said boo to what she wants to do.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Zee-row

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Not Much...

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"Chances Will Be Taken"

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

555 members (10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 160user, 53 invisible), 17,438 guests, and 1,231 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,889
Posts18,538,496
Members74,050
Most Online20,796
Yesterday at 04:44 PM

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.