Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Not worried ……been slowly building a small inventory since the late ‘70’s!

Anyone not preparing and has no 22LR ammo…..has no one to blame but themselves! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Local farm store North 40 had Aguila for $1.98 for box of 50 and 9mm for .22.
Yesterday one day only I stopped by for other items. The line was crazy at 7 am

Gun Owners of America
Escapee's RV Club
Elks
Moose
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Barbarosa
Anyone here afraid of ammo shortages especially .22 lr? I’m kind of concerned it could hit all of the sudden.

> learn to prepare for shortages , Looney`s learned years ago stock pile !

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by memtb

Anyone not preparing and has no 22LR ammo…..has no one to blame but themselves! memtb

Then there are those that think this created the shortage. I did the same thing and bought tons of it when it was plentiful, making me wonder how that contributed to any shortage…

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Barbarosa
Anyone here afraid of ammo shortages especially .22 lr? I’m kind of concerned it could hit all of the sudden.

if you are concerned, then act now.

Sam......

IC B2

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by shrapnel

Then there are those that think this created the shortage. I did the same thing and bought tons of it when it was plentiful, making me wonder how that contributed to any shortage…
If you do it steadily over 40 or 50 years, no impact on shortages. Its the people who over react to media reports are what causes it

T
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
T
Our local farm store has been selling 22lr for 2.99 a 50 pack.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
ammoplanet.com has the aguila at 2.09/50 again.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by stratton

Anybody who isn’t buying a pallet at those prices, should be..

She never made it past the bedroom door, what was she aiming for...?
She's gone shootin..
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
I know a whole bunch of selfish clods who have earned a special place on GW's schidt list. No Christmas cards for you this year.

Okay. He can send me one when I'm 506. That's when I run out of .22.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
IC B3

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

I certainly didn’t buy tons…..but, wish that I had bought a little more. Rationing my resources sucks!

Though, this conversation really has me wanting to go out and burn a few hundred…..well, just because! 🙂 memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

It didn’t. One could as easily say that the folks who go out and spray a brick or so willy-nilly every week cause shortages. I see those frequently at the range, not only .22s, but 9mms and ARs, turning silhouettes at 7-15 yards into sieves. Exactly what they’re accomplishing is a mystery. How they measure progress escapes me, unless they’re just counting the holes outside the scoring rings and doing their math based on that🤔

What fresh Hell is this?
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Pappy348
It didn’t. One could as easily say that the folks who go out and spray a brick or so willy-nilly every week cause shortages. I see those frequently at the range, not only .22s, but 9mms and ARs, turning silhouettes at 7-15 yards into sieves. Exactly what they’re accomplishing is a mystery. How they measure progress escapes me, unless they’re just counting the holes outside the scoring rings and doing their math based on that🤔

What they are accomplishing is what my son calls "turning money into noise". They also raise heck with range structures - target frames, etc.

On the topic. there is a huge gap between common plinking and hunting .22 ammo, and the ammo used in precision rimfire shooting, the latter being exclusively imports these days, and with limited supply and choice, and high prices. Lapua anybody?

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Lately, I've been doing my part to cause an ammo shortage...

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
been buying 22lr and 9mm lately. Cheapest I have seen it since pre-covid. Be a fool not to restock the shelves while the gettin is good

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Paul39
Originally Posted by Pappy348

What they are accomplishing is what my son calls "turning money into noise". They also raise heck with range structures - target frames, etc.

On the topic. there is a huge gap between common plinking and hunting .22 ammo, and the ammo used in precision rimfire shooting, the latter being exclusively imports these days, and with limited supply and choice, and high prices. Lapua anybody?

Lapua is for the most part too rich for my blood, as well as hard to come by, and my “target” rifle likes Club pretty well, with some SK types coming in right behind, at least the lots I have. It likes TAC too, but the cheap TAC from Norma’s site seems to have dried up. I have enough of those mid-grade types to see me through for a good while, but I keep my eyes open for bargains. I also watch for sales on Mini Mags and a couple of other CCI choices since they are dependable and accurate enough for the most part. A new “problem” has arisen with my acquisition of a couple of .22 magnums. The rifle is very un-fussy so far, the pistol is on the way and an unknown. Won’t be shooting either as much as .22LR, but need to lay some in. $.26-$.30 a pop seems to be the lowball price right now, anout like 9mm.

What fresh Hell is this?
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
I've competed in smallbore silhouette for just less than 15 years. We prefer Lapua Center X, it is the cheapest precise ammo I know of. Lapua has been hard to find for two or three years now, so much so that when my last case is done, I am done. Shooting is not worth the trouble any more.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by BlackBranchFarm
I've competed in smallbore silhouette for just less than 15 years. We prefer Lapua Center X, it is the cheapest precise ammo I know of. Lapua has been hard to find for two or three years now, so much so that when my last case is done, I am done. Shooting is not worth the trouble any more.

I hear you. I'm not quite there yet, but I can surely relate.

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Certifiable
Originally Posted by stratton

Anybody who isn’t buying a pallet at those prices, should be..

Aguila seems to be on sale often. Midsouth has free shipping on a couple types right now, and the price is pretty good too.

What fresh Hell is this?
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
My grand kids will probably be shooting up my overstock after I'm gone.

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

96 members (35, 7887mm08, 7x57Hunter, Algotguns, Akhutr, 6 invisible), 1,422 guests, and 916 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,758
Posts18,476,414
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.