Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Awsomepossum
I ship alot of things USPS. probably about 500 packages and only had one issue with my package going missing. I had to get the postal inspector involved and then it magically started moving in transit. Now I've had trouble with ups in the past as an receiving ffl. Saying some of my packages were delivered when in fact they weren't. I had to threaten to call the aft and then they show up.

I like this, at this point we will reserve this for a little later if it does not show up soon.

It is not about what you kill, it is about the hunt....
GB1

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by JakeM78
Originally Posted by spence1875
I made up my mind. They, UPS, will not ship them as individual to an ffl, it is in their rules NOW. That damaged gun from UPS I made a claim was about 15 years ago when you could do that. So now, as u stated with UPS unless u lie to them about what is in the box or don’t tell them as us said, u can not ship a gun or gun parts even as an individual. If you do and something happens they will not honor the claim as you violated their rules. These companies will us anything they can to not pay a claim, violating their written rules makes it easy for them to deny the claim.

I don't care about their rules. Something is either LEGAL or ILLEGAL. Is it ILLEGAL to ship via UPS? Nope. I understand that a lot of you prefer to kowtow, but that's not what made AMERICA.

From ATF site: "In addition, federal law requires that the carrier be notified that the shipment contains a firearm or ammunition"

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by dbowling
USPS Ground Advantage can take forever, have had stuff take over 2 weeks to reach me or the person I sold a item to.

That has not been my experience; most have averaged about 3 business days

Last edited by Cruiser1; 12/10/23.
M
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
That's my general experience as well, though there can be exceptions to anything. Have also found certain post offices are less efficient than others.

We mail hundreds of packages of books USPS media-mail every year, which is supposed to to take 2-8 business days, depending on where it's going in the U.S. It almost always does, but on some occasions a package gets stuck somewhere. One place they sometimes get stuck is Denver, where one package "rested" for about a month before heading to its destination--which only took 2-3 days after escaping what we sometimes call "The Denver Vortex."

Plus, for some reason first-class mail coming from the San Antonio area to where we live in southwestern Montana usually takes at least a week, and sometimes two. Yet mail from New Mexico usually only takes 2-3 days.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I will throw something else out there. I live in a rural area close to the middle of a triangle with sides between Des Arc, Carlisle, and Beebe Arkansas. Carlisle is on the Grand Prairie, Des Arc is on the Lower White river, and Beebe is on the line where the flat farm lands of east Arkansas turn into foot hills of the Ozarks. As the crow flies I am Thirty miles from Stuttgart, Ar. that bills itself as the rice and duck capitol of the world. It is only about fifteen miles from the white river to the Cache river and then Bayou Deview. In other words, there are lots of ducks and duck hunting in this area. For the last three years, All of the post offices near me, did not have any duck stamps. Did not stock them. I bought from the post office in Hazen, Ar. which I rarely go to. You would think that a stamp, Mandatory for duck hunting would be a requirement to be in stock during the duck hunting season. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
IC B2

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by milespatton
I will throw something else out there. I live in a rural area close to the middle of a triangle with sides between Des Arc, Carlisle, and Beebe Arkansas. Carlisle is on the Grand Prairie, Des Arc is on the Lower White river, and Beebe is on the line where the flat farm lands of east Arkansas turn into foot hills of the Ozarks. As the crow flies I am Thirty miles from Stuttgart, Ar. that bills itself as the rice and duck capitol of the world. It is only about fifteen miles from the white river to the Cache river and then Bayou Deview. In other words, there are lots of ducks and duck hunting in this area. For the last three years, All of the post offices near me, did not have any duck stamps. Did not stock them. I bought from the post office in Hazen, Ar. which I rarely go to. You would think that a stamp, Mandatory for duck hunting would be a requirement to be in stock during the duck hunting season. miles

Can't they be purchased online now?

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Some of you are going to be in for a rude awakening when you try to ship a firearm through UPS or FedEx unless you're either an FFL or a liar.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I'm thinkin in USPS jargon that means thttat is where is was stolen and removed from the system.

Some spelling errors can be corrected by a vowel movement.
~ MOLON LABE ~
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by Cruiser1
I made up my mind. They, UPS, will not ship them as individual to an ffl, it is in their rules NOW. That damaged gun from UPS I made a claim was about 15 years ago when you could do that. So now, as u stated with UPS unless u lie to them about what is in the box or don’t tell them as us said, u can not ship a gun or gun parts even as an individual. If you do and something happens they will not honor the claim as you violated their rules. These companies will us anything they can to not pay a claim, violating their written rules makes it easy for them to deny the claim.

I don't care about their rules. Something is either LEGAL or ILLEGAL. Is it ILLEGAL to ship via UPS? Nope. I understand that a lot of you prefer to kowtow, but that's not what made AMERICA.

From ATF site: "In addition, federal law requires that the carrier be notified that the shipment contains a firearm or ammunition"

I'm sorry that you failed reading comprehension.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by Cruiser1

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

IC B3

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by 99guy
Originally Posted by passport
The post office is all but dead and gone since Covid. Why anyone would do anything other than mail a letter is beyond me. Plus FedEx and ups are both cheaper and WAY more dependable

Yes but, unless something has changed they won't ship a gun from an individual to an FFL.

You can, just don't tell them. No requirement to tell them.

They will ship a long gun individual to FFL, but handgun must go FFL to FFl.

USPS is still the best way you can ship a gun. You can take it to any little podunk post office and send it, assuming the clerks know the law, which sometimes they do not.

Show me the law on that one as well, concerning shipping a handgun via Fedex and UPS. You need to ship FFL to FFL via USPS, but not via Fedex and UPS. I don't give a shiet about their rules, only laws.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by Dinny
I'm fairly certain there is a requirement to state the contents of all UPS packages. Be sure to insure the UPS package for $1000 or more. They maintain a chain of custody with high value packages. A good friend of mine is an ammunition manufacturer. UPS lost something like 8 of his packages in his first year of business and he had to either refund his customer's money or send another package with new ammo in it. Once he started to insure the packages for $1000 none of them have been lost. He's going on 11 years of doing business.

Learn to read and comprehend. Going through life stupid is not a good option. Of course all the other idiots on here will back you, because idiots find comfort in groups, hence the reason Biden is in office.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
UPS and FEDEX policy is they will only ship a firearm from an FFL. Others have stated that they don't need to know what is in the package however if it is lost or damaged they will automatically deny your claim. That isn't a risk I am willing to take so I use USPS. Yes it is more expensive, yes it is slower but it makes me feel better that at least I have a chance of a refund on a lost or damaged package. To each their own.

I am always looking for factory wood stocks!
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Locally Fedex hires EXTRA's that are just as dumb as 'DIRT". They may leave your packages anywhere, front or back, just poorly trained DUMB ASSES !!!! UPS is pretty solid here. They work them hard, but pay them well !!

"not too grumpy"
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Holy Crap! Someone call Bricktop!

There is so much misinformation here, it is hard to sort out anything that is true.

UPS and FedEx both require an FFL to FFL transfer for shipping firearms. It isn't a law, it is policy within those 2 organizations.

Sure, you can ship and hope you don't get caught, but if something happens to the gun in shipment, you will be out as they will NOT honor any insurance or damage without the proper procedures of their policies. It is not illegal to do so, but they will stand by their shipping policies and deny any claims.

USPS, however, will ship long guns from an individual to an FFL and USPS is NOT more expensive than either UPS or FedEx. Furthermore, Priority rated for shipping isn't but a couple dollars over their ground rate and the package will get delivered every bit as quick and sometyimes even faster than UPS or FedEx.

USPS requires FFL to FFL for shipping handguns, but they don't force you to ship second day air and again, USPS is much cheaper and going priority mail, they are as fast ot faster than UPS or FedEx. Again, you could probably ship a handgun by sneaking it through the post office, as it isn't illegal by the Federal BATF standards, but USPS won't honor any claims due to damage or loss if not shipped FFL to FFL.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

M
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
Exactly, Kirk....

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by shrapnel
Furthermore, Priority rated for shipping isn't but a couple dollars over their ground rate and the package will get delivered every bit as quick and sometyimes even faster than UPS or FedEx.

I have to correct part of this statement. For the shipment in question, Priority Mail was quoted almost exactly $20 more than Ground Advantage, and the expected delivery date was 1 day sooner than Ground Advantage.

For 99/100ths of the trip, the gamble was a winner. The rifle arrived in Missouri City, TX in 3 days. But now it has been sitting there, 20 miles from the destination, with no movement for 16 days.

In pressing my postmaster to try and move it, I questioned whether I should file an insurance claim. He stated it was a seasonal issue, and that I should wait at least a couple more weeks before filing a claim.

If USPS wasn't a government subsidized monopoly, they would have gone out of business 50 years ago.

FÜCK Jeff_O!

MAGA
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by WhelenAway
In pressing my postmaster to try and move it, I questioned whether I should file an insurance claim. He stated it was a seasonal issue, and that I should wait at least a couple more weeks before filing a claim.

Personally I would report it stolen/lost to local LE. If they conduct any sort of investigation whatsoever they may find it and expedite it's delivery. They may also find it's gone for good too.

Only a FFL can report a gun stolen or lost in transit to the ATF.

When my rifle and pistol were lost in transit by UPS the shipping FFL filed a complaint with the ATF and provided a case number from my local LE agency. I sometimes wonder if the increase in losses prompted the ATF to lean on commercial carriers. Maybe that caused UPS and Fedex to change their policies.

Medics bury their mistakes..
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I’m waiting on a handgun shipped FFL to FFL. Priority Mail. Was supposed to be here last Thursday. Since Tuesday it has been “in transit from Origin Facility”. Some jamoke probably using it as a booster seat. Or out taking it for a test drive…

Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Well after 34 days later my FFL finely got the rifle today! A few weeks ago WhelenAway filed a claim and that got their attention, they found out that it was in a sorting facility in Missouri City when it should have been in a sorting facility in South Houston. So, in this case the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Talking with the Postmaster at South Houston it would not have made a difference if it was sent priority mail. The problem was it went to the wrong sorting facility.

Much thanks to WhelenAway staying in contact with me dealing with this problem and filing that claim as soon as possible. Also, my postman that gave me the number to the Postmaster at South Houston. I called that dude almost every day.

Also thanks to all that replied to this post, it helped me to understand the USPS craziness.

Next time I will not ship or send a shipment so close to Christmas.

Tracy

It is not about what you kill, it is about the hunt....
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

559 members (160user, 1936M71, 1beaver_shooter, 1Longbow, 01Foreman400, 2003and2013, 63 invisible), 2,465 guests, and 1,271 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,477
Posts18,489,961
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.